Frisco Bowl

FirefightnRick

Man, this is epic!  In a related note, did you see that failed stat ESPN put up a few minutes ago in regards to the Capital One Bowl Challenge?  We're the #1 conference so far with a 4-1 conference bowl record.  The Sun Belt is 1-2.  Does that mean we won after all?!  Yes!  Well, either us or Western Kentucky.  LOL

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So I don't remember many new coaches coming in and coaching Bowl games. Seems like a recipe for a disaster. 

How often does that happen?

It happen more than you would think. A team is successful and their coach is hired away. Once someone says they are leaving, it's common for them to go quickly as letting them stick around can lead to problems as they feel no consequences for anything they do. 

Yes, it is a recipe for disaster! 

17 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

It happen more than you would think. A team is successful and their coach is hired away. Once someone says they are leaving, it's common for them to go quickly as letting them stick around can lead to problems as they feel no consequences for anything they do. 

Yes, it is a recipe for disaster! 

normally an interim coach would handle the bowl game.  

The blue covers in the end zone were due to construction.  They are building the National Soccer HoF there.  It is a soccer stadium.  SMU actually filled their side out pretty well.....albeit 20 minutes after kick-off.....THEN, after half-time, most of them left.....  Game was over.  Sara and I bought tickets to this game last July....and happened to be right in the middle of the SMU side....kind of awkward rooting for La. Tech where we were sitting.....we were wearing our UNT gear though...  I would think there were 19K+ fans there....just my estimate, split pretty evenly

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

The blue covers in the end zone were due to construction.  They are building the National Soccer HoF there.  It is a soccer stadium.  SMU actually filled their side out pretty well.....albeit 20 minutes after kick-off.....THEN, after half-time, most of them left.....  Game was over.  Sara and I bought tickets to this game last July....and happened to be right in the middle of the SMU side....kind of awkward rooting for La. Tech where we were sitting.....we were wearing our UNT gear though...  I would think there were 19K+ fans there....just my estimate, split pretty evenly

Since there are only about 16,500 seats available during construction, that's a lot of people in standing room only (not a shot at you're attendance guessing skills)  :wow:

Edited by MeanGreenHoops