next years game at Pig land

southsideguy

So Morris is now at Pig land aka piggly wiggly and he has beaten the MG twice since SL has been here.  I know they were not good last year but they are in the SEC.  They have the hogs for sure.  Think we can beat them in their stadium next year?  Last year is now history and looking to the future.  I will add on SMU to the equation.  Discuss among yourselves.  I would like to say we come out of non conference 3-1 but I will go with 2-2.

dec2011%20March%20of%20the%20wooden%20so

Edited by southsideguy

5 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

So Morris is now at Pig land aka piggly wiggly and he has beaten the MG twice since SL has been here.  I know they were not good last year but they are in the SEC.  They have the hogs for sure.  Think we can beat them in their stadium next year?  Last year is now history and looking to the future.  I will add on SMU to the equation.  Discuss among yourselves.  I would like to say we come out of non conference 3-1 but I will go with 2-2.

I'll say this. If we can't beat SMU next year, it ain't happening for awhile. We have them here, with SL and Fine here, and they will be breaking in a new coach, without their NFL First Round Draft Pick at WR that we couldn't match up with in a 1000 years.

Arky is a whole other animal. I would love to think we can beat them up there, but I know the odds are stacked against us for the obvious reasons. 

I think the other two games (Incarnate Word and @ Liberty) are embarrassing to be on the schedule and shouldn't be close at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, southsideguy said:

i agree with the other two teams.  I rather play Texas State at least they would bring fans.

WB got it right with the future games he has scheduled since Liberty got added.  If you are going to play FCS games, play SFA or SHSU. They are the only ones who bring people to games because of their alumni bases. The others are just awful. And when you lose one (or in the case of Portland State, you get seal-clubbed and bent over a barrel), it just kills momentum at a place like UNT. 

But Texas State from the SBC, as well as Arky State or ULL, would be fine OOC teams to play again and would help you for conference play, as well as to have games that people will travel to attend.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

So, what is your love affair with tsu?

no love affair with TSU . we dont like when SMU calls us NTSU.  Just showing a little respect to them.  I would rather play TSU then Liberty or the world team.  How many fans will they bring to our game?   TSU fans would show up for the game.  I want to fill Apogee because we need the dollars.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

no love affair with TSU . we dont like when SMU calls us NTSU.  Just showing a little respect to them.  I would rather play TSU then Liberty or the world team.  How many fans will they bring to our game?   TSU fans would show up for the game.  I want to fill Apogee because we need the dollars.

We shouldn't settle for tsu. And why give them a stage for opportunity when we recruit against them for some players? Wren is working to get Tech and Mizzou in here along with winnable games against Liberty and Incarnate Word. They don't pose a challenge to recruiting.

• Downvote 3

5 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I’m going up for this one. Should be fun. I think the Mean Green have a shot, but will need to be at the top of their game. 

My youngest daughter is there. I plan to be there and may try to see if I can find a air B and B to rent by campus and her sorority house. Would like to be a mean green central. There is a great restaurant and bar scen right off campus. Should start planning soon. 

• Upvote 1

It’s a pipe dream to think we can beat Arkansas. I believe we can keep it close but their depth will beat us. We will have to fire on all cylinders for us to have a chance and I can’t remember when  the last time we have done that. Sorry to be a downer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

If we can't beat TSU we are in real trouble.  My worry is how the tax laws will hit the revenue for the teams.  I think the regional conference s will happen sooner then expected.

Who says we can't beat tsu? I think we would handily. Don't worry about the tax law. We'll all be fine.

11 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I’m going up for this one. Should be fun. I think the Mean Green have a shot, but will need to be at the top of their game. 

Fayetteville is an awesome college town.  There is a scenic drive there that's amazing and Dickson street has some good bars.  Definitely a UNT trip worth taking especially with them being a tad down (but still SEC talent).

8 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

We shouldn't settle for tsu. And why give them a stage for opportunity when we recruit against them for some players? Wren is working to get Tech and Mizzou in here along with winnable games against Liberty and Incarnate Word. They don't pose a challenge to recruiting.

Why give them a stage? Who cares, but because it’s a state school we recruit against and should spank, on top of it being a “cheaper” travel cost compared to going to a place like Army.  also tsu should bring a solid turnout as well.

Bring TSU here and spank them and see how that affects the “stage” 

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Why give them a stage? Who cares, but because it’s a state school we recruit against and should spank, on top of it being a “cheaper” travel cost compared to going to a place like Army.  also tsu should bring a solid turnout as well.

Bring TSU here and spank them and see how that affects the “stage” 

Mute point. Let's move on.