Tweeting at Recruits is Bad, According To...

dmaxel

It is pretty clear the NCAA considers it a violation of the "no contact between boosters and prospective student athletes" rule.

It is also pretty clear they don't do much to enforce it... right now.

Sooner or later they either have to change the rule (never gonna happen) or they are going to make an example out someone.

Now who do you think they are going to choose to make an example of?  A big powerful school like Texas?  Or a not so powerful school like North Texas?

My advice is: Don't contact recruits in anyway.  Not on social media.  Not in any way.  

For me, I don't know how it could possibly be enforced via Twitter. There are so many ways to hide who you really are on Twitter. How would they ever prove that a particular person tweeting a recruit is really even a booster and not some opponent fan trying to get that school in trouble? I feel like Twitter would have to cooperate by sharing who the accounts are registered to and I can't imagine that's a precedent that Twitter would want to set.

I would agree with Crebus that it is probably very clearly a violation. I just am not sure there would ever really be a way to enforce that via social media platforms like Twitter.