Reality of this season?

NT93

Reality?  The season was fantastic - any season in which you can go 9-4 and to a bowl is an awesome season.  Let's have multiple seasons like this one.  For the cost of a few tickets and the atmosphere, you can't beat Apogee - what a successful season to go undefeated at home!  How about 9- win and 10- win seasons through 2022...hope they don't increase the price of those tickets too much...really enjoy the scenery at Apogee...

GMG    

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Anthro1999 said:

Reality?  The season was fantastic - any season in which you can go 9-4 and to a bowl is an awesome season.  Let's have multiple seasons like this one.  For the cost of a few tickets and the atmosphere, you can't beat Apogee - what a successful season to go undefeated at home!  How about 9- win and 10- win seasons through 2022...hope they don't increase the price of those tickets too much...really enjoy the scenery at Apogee...

GMG    

Agree!

Apogee Stadium & the entertainment we saw inside this season re-invigorated my old UNT roommate who absolutely loves the place! 

14 hours ago, Anthro1999 said:

GMG    

For all the reasons mentioned for optimism for your 2018 season this may be the most important one.  You defended the home turf creating a fun environment to watch a game.  If you can go 6-0 or 5-1 at home it sure makes 9 or 10 wins a heck of a lot easier.  I would say that everything that happen in 2017 that your ability to replicate winning at home may be the most likely thing to repeat.

Those close wins have a lot to do with culture and coaching but no matter how great your team is they are like playing with fire.  If you keep doing it you will get burned eventually.  We had some excruciating losses in the last 3 years that were by less than 7 points.

By the way, I am already planning a trip to Denton depending on when the game is scheduled (assuming the conference continues the same scheduling pattern).

How's your recruiting going?  Defensively focused?  Or just load up on offense and we will see what will happen approach.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!  

• Upvote 4

From all the bowl games played so far, FAU would beat any one of the teams like a drum. In fact I think FAU would beat some of the other teams in bowls to be played.  I not saying the play off teams.  I didnt know how good they were until watched their bowl game.  We have a lot of work ahead of us if we are going to beat FAU.  I just dont why they do not get fan support?  They had a very good team to watch.

As to the close games.  There were a lot of those under Dodge in his last year.  The ball bounced against us every time for the loss. 

There have been a lot of close games under Littrell.  Without going to look up all the games to find an exception, the ball has bounced for us for the win, at least every close game this season.  

Good coaching staffs find a way to create that luck.  I'll take those close games all day long.  We had two of the best games I've ever seen this year in Apogee because of crazy last minute finishes.  (I'm going to exclude UAB because somehow I just comfortably knew that one would work out ok). 

44 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

As to the close games.  There were a lot of those under Dodge in his last year.  The ball bounced against us every time for the loss. 

There have been a lot of close games under Littrell.  Without going to look up all the games to find an exception, the ball has bounced for us for the win, at least every close game this season.  

Good coaching staffs find a way to create that luck.  I'll take those close games all day long.  We had two of the best games I've ever seen this year in Apogee because of crazy last minute finishes.  (I'm going to exclude UAB because somehow I just comfortably knew that one would work out ok). 

does schlitz even exist anymore?

• Downvote 1