***OFFICIAL 2017 NEW ORLEANS BOWL GAME THREAD***

Harry

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

We are running the clock out on ourselves now. Disgusting. Guess when your qb is too hurt to throw you fold up shop rather than give somebody else a shot.

Our when you are down nearly 4 TDs you want to get the hell out of NOLA and back home for the players to start their break

25 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Reffett has to go. Can’t continuously ask the offense to score 40 points a game to keep up with how many points the defense gives up. Mason had a bad day yes, but the defense can’t get a stop once the cross the 50. All touchdowns for Troy today. 

Mason has had a great day.  It's the line and the receivers fault.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

For all these excuses for our defense really?  21 points off of turnovers in our end of the field but conveniently forget the gift 6 we got in the second quarter.  Your defense has to force a FG or just make stop on a regular drive that ended up in TD.  I did not see any defensive touchdowns from Troy.  Every Troy TD was the result of someone from their offense breaking the plane of the end zone.  The D has sucked most of the year you defenders are delusional.

• Upvote 2

We can talk about coaching and no doubt....Troys coaching staff schooled ours today. 

But I haven't seen this mentioned much and I know I'm not the only one that saw just how much more athletic Troy is than we are. On every position on the field. And it wasn't close. Their speed and strength was head and shoulders above ours. They looked like a P5 team vs us today and they have the depth of a P5 

The receiver that we couldn't cover was a backup, their best CB was out and it didn't matter, they absolutely blanketed our receivers all day today 

We have got to get bigger much stronger and much faster or good teams are gonna continue to curb stomp us

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, laxtonto said:

Fine had 300 yards and 3 TDs. If he was having to back peddle all game running fir his life there were 3 more TDS he under three. Wait till next year and pray the OL is better 

He also had what 3?? fumbles and about 3 underthrows in situations where a better throw is an easy TD for the WR. He had very little help, but it was definitely not his best game

That said, this game shows the obvious: This team pretty much went as far as on-field coaching would take it. There are still a few areas where on-field coaching could improve, but it is overall way ahead of anything that UNT had in the last 8 years.  Now what this team needs to take the next step is clearly better recruiting. Until that happens Litrell will get his head bashed in by good G5 recruiters/coach combinations, like Brown is, like Kiffin is. Sadly enough there are few signs of recruiting improving this season and that part is no better than it was under McCarney, particularly on defense where talent is even more predictive of success than on offense.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

We can talk about coaching and no doubt....Troys coaching staff schooled ours today. 

But I haven't seen this mentioned much and I know I'm not the only one that saw just how much more athletic Troy is than we are. On every position on the field. And it wasn't close. Their speed and strength was head and shoulders above ours. They looked like a P5 team vs us today and they have the depth of a P5 

The receiver that we couldn't cover was a backup, their best CB was out and it didn't matter, they absolutely blanketed our receivers all day today 

We have got to get bigger much stronger and much faster or good teams are gonna continue to curb stomp us

One analyst's scouting report/preview of the game from last week:

"Troy has some NFL talent." 

He didn't say anything at all about us.