Eric Jenkins in the NFL?

GMG_Dallas

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

About half those targets came in the second half of the UAB game with the Blazers either not figuring out he wasn’t Brooks, or hoping that our backup CB was even worse than Brooks & continually testing him to no avail.

Jenkins came in & shut that crap down.

I've been pleased with him these past two seasons. He's been tested by our coaches and opposing teams and regularly answered with standout performances. Teams seem to have caught on pretty quickly both seasons that throwing his way won't end up going too well.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Interesting statistic...

I'm wondering what his actual stock is amongst NFL teams and if he'll get a chance at the next level. Would certainly add to his already amazing story. He had a very strong year last season too so he's certainly shown consistent production...

He could use some height and weight, plus I'd think he would need to be an improved tackler... You have to do that at the next level as a DB, but corners are a unique animal.. You can find quality at just about any level, hope he gets a chance..

• Upvote 1

Think he had the potential to be someone that could have gotten a Senior Bowl invite/shrine game invite if he had played the entire season.. 

Believe he led or tied for the lead in Pick-6s last year.. Hopefully he can have a big game today to catch some scouts eyes.. have to hope he can have a great Pro-Day and he gets a chance, but I think his most likely path is via UDFA or Canada 

5 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I think his most likely path is via UDFA or Canada 

If anybody on this team has the strength and mental fortitude to power through and make it the hard way, it's him. He's really a guy we should all be proud to have represent UNT. If he gets a chance the UDFA route, he'll be hard to get rid of for any team.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

20 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Interesting statistic...

I'm wondering what his actual stock is amongst NFL teams and if he'll get a chance at the next level. Would certainly add to his already amazing story. He had a very strong year last season too so he's certainly shown consistent production...

Jinxed him

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2017 at 5:51 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not at all.. playing 10 yards off routinely did though 

(Bumping this thread cause it can be turned into quality x's and o's talk (looking at @GMG24) instead of all the whiny crap going on elsewhere)

Just ran across this thread and this is exactly right. Dude ran an out route on him nearly every time for acrobatic catches on uncontested throws (damn there were a few bad throws to the outside by Silver but double damn that dude was catching e-very-thing). Jenkins can only react so quickly once he's sure he's not going to be burned by a double move.

2nd quarter finally started pressing with Jenkins and the QB shifted his focus to Preston and Tyreke Davis in the slot in the third quarter and then *that's* when they started running away with it.

5 hours ago, Aldo said:

(Bumping this thread cause it can be turned into quality x's and o's talk (looking at @GMG24) instead of all the whiny crap going on elsewhere)

Just ran across this thread and this is exactly right. Dude ran an out route on him nearly every time for acrobatic catches on uncontested throws (damn there were a few bad throws to the outside by Silver but double damn that dude was catching e-very-thing). Jenkins can only react so quickly once he's sure he's not going to be burned by a double move.

2nd quarter finally started pressing with Jenkins and the QB shifted his focus to Preston and Tyreke Davis in the slot in the third quarter and then *that's* when they started running away with it.

I'd love to see us play some catch man, sit at 5 buz feet and jam the crap out of wr trying to knock him off route, then run with him.  Show press man and bail pre snap. Give the QB something different to look at and keep mixing it up, make it hard on the guy. 

9 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I'd love to see us play some catch man, sit at 5 buz feet and jam the crap out of wr trying to knock him off route, then run with him.  Show press man and bail pre snap. Give the QB something different to look at and keep mixing it up, make it hard on the guy. 

This.  and trust me...the corners would rather play that way too.

Last year when they kicked Buyers out from his db spot, I thought we would really be doing some pressing and covering.  Should have just let Buyers play nickel in hindsight...