CBS Mock Draft

GMG_Dallas

CBS Sports published a mock draft today. The only G5 players they have projected in round 1 are Courtland Sutton (WR, SMU, 5th overall to the Broncos), Marcus Davenport (DE, UTSA, 25th overall to the Titans), and Will Hernandez (OG, UTEP, 29th overall to the Vikings). 

Interesting to see 2 CUSA guys go in the first round. Hopefully we see a UNT player here in the next few years.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/amp/

5. Denver Broncos

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU. Whether it be Tyrod Taylor, Kirk Cousins, Andrew Luck or Eli Manning, I'm still betting on John Elway adding a veteran quarterback this offseason. Therefore, Sutton would be a logical selection to improve the environment around said veteran quarterback. He's a large, jump-ball wideout with nice wiggle in space.

25. Tennessee Titans

Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San Antonio. Davenport has everything you'd want in a three-down defensive lineman. Length, explosiveness, pass-rush moves, power, bend, and a non-stop motor. He may need to gain some weight to hold up better against the run, but the Titans would love to pair him with Brian Orakpo on their defense.

29. Minnesota Vikings

Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP. The Vikings roster is loaded. It just needs some interior reinforcement along the offensive line. Hernandez has dominated at UTEP at left guard and has NFL size.

• Lovely Take 2

2 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

It's still very early so these and I would expect them to drop since when it comes down to it teams tend to favor players from P5 schools.  

I think their combine performances will be more important for that group than where they played in college. These are all slated as top players by multiple ranking agencies. Plays projected in lower rounds certainly are effected by the name of their college. 

2 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Like Carson Wentz.

He's the exception.  I'm not saying Sutton will drop to the 6th round but if he goes to the combine and has all the measurables teams want, they will still question him because of the competition he played against.  

Also, it's so early in the process that teams aren't making their boards yet.  At this time last year Carson Wentz was thought to maybe be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  

36 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I think their combine performances will be more important for that group than where they played in college. These are all slated as top players by multiple ranking agencies. Plays projected in lower rounds certainly are effected by the name of their college. 

If they get invited......