Official New Orleans Bowl Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

Well, well...   lookey here.  Little 'ol North Texas has pocketed 9 wins, looking to get #10 this weekend!  What a season!

Just four months ago, we were all gearing up for an exciting Fall Practice.  Several here were worried about the quarterback position (HA!) and a shaky OL (surprise! They were pretty solid!).  Who'd'a thunk several of our headaches would come from our defensive secondary, with 2 preseason All-Conference guys?

Most of us expected improvement from 2016's 5-win season, predicting 6 or 7 wins and bowl eligibility.  And we were GLADLY mistaken.

Now, the 2nd of 2 preseason goals for the team is right in front of them.    WIN OUR BOWL GAME.   
Take care of business, and we'll be 2-for-2 after clinching the 1st goal of going undefeated at home in thrilling fashion VS Army.

In our way?  Troy, our old SBC bunkmate.  

Troy has also had a fantastic season with the greatest feather in all of G5; a win over LSU in Death Valley.
Their defense is STRONG.  Their offense is capable.

This is going to be a close game.    ...which is PERFECT for Seth Littrell and the Mean Green offense, because I don't believe there is any other team in the nation as confident as our guys to go snatch victory from the jaws of loss (or overtime).

Trevor Moore will have a HUGE impact in this game as I believe Troy's defense will force some stalls in or near the Red Zone for NT (especially without Jeff Wilson).
Defensively, it's gotta be Kishawn's time to shine.  

Prediction:
After a very entertaining back-&-forth game, we're going to have the ball in the 4th quarter with around 3 minutes to either break a 31-31 tie, or overcome a 27-31 deficit.  Mason Fine & Co. will do whatever is necessary to make the score 34-31 with less than 1 minute to play remaining.   Defense holds to close it out.

Final:
NT - 34
Troy - 31

Let it be so.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Same story as FAU. They stop us, we can't stop them

Troy - 28

UNT - 24

I'm torn and feel the same way... Feel like this game should be like FAU, either in UNT doing the beat down or Troy doing the beat down.. Troy has a great defense and UNT has a solid Offense.. Time to see if the Troy Defense is inflated because of the SBC or the UNT offense is inflated by CUSA.. 

I hope I'm wrong but I'll go with Troy because of their defense..

Troy- 38

UNT- 21

Please  UNT gods, prove me be wrong.. This has been a better season than most of us all expected and we need a win to have positive vibes going into the off season.. Win big UNT and this should be the start of a hopefully a SUCCESSFUL recruiting season. 

• Upvote 1