Sonny Dykes to SMU

TheReal_jayD

29 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

SL had 0, and got 1 million.. 

What is your problem with our program?  SL also turned around a 1-11 team and got us to a bowl, only to lose in OT.  SL also has a history of improvement everywhere he has coached.

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

What is your problem with our program?  SL also turned around a 1-11 team and got us to a bowl, only to lose in OT.  SL also has a history of improvement everywhere he has coached.

No problem at all... It was said for $2M you only get a coach with 3 winning seasons, and I pointed out we agreed with SL to a $1M contract before he had ever a winning season with no HC experience.. Remember how many people were worried on here about his new contract and the potential of how big the buyout would be if he did not improve?

His improvement was as an position coach/OC, not as an HC..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Honest question... With the 10th coach spot being allowed (soon) and Traylor being a RB coach in his past, any chance we open up and hire him? I know it would be a lot in terms of salary and he would likely command near what GH/TR make but the dude is 1 hell of a recruiter and would be a great addition to this staff in that spot alone...

I'm assuming he is likely bound for a coaching spot at ARK with Morris as well...

I know SL has a track-record as an RB Coach, and we have Choice as well, but Traylor could be worth it just in recruiting alone... 

Edited by BTG_Fan1

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Honest question... With the 10th coach spot being allowed (soon) and Traylor being a RB coach in his past, any chance we open up and hire him? I know it would be a lot in terms of salary and he would likely command near what GH/TR make but the dude is 1 hell of a recruiter and would be a great addition to this staff in that spot alone...

I'm assuming he is likely bound for a coaching spot at ARK with Morris as well...

I know SL has a track-record as an RB Coach, and we have Choice as well, but Traylor could be worth it just in recruiting alone... 

Rumored to have the RB coach job at Arkansas so would likely take more than that to get him here.

Also, looks like Dykes may not be rumors much longer.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21741739/sonny-dykes-agrees-take-smu-mustangs-head-coaching-position

Edited by TreeFiddy

Great hire for them...he’s a damn good G5 level coach. He throws the ball all over the place.

BTW, Courtland Sutton was the number three pick OVERALL in a mock draft I saw last week. So glad to never see that dude play our secondary ever again. 

Edited by untjim1995
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Great hire for them...he’s a damn good G5 level coach. He throws the ball all over the place.

BTW, Cartland Sutton was the number three pick OVERALL in a mock draft I saw last week. So glad to never see that dude play our secondary ever again. 

Especially with 1 on 1 coverage... should have brought a safety over the top to help. 

• Upvote 1