Ladies Hammer LaSalle

UNTLifer

20 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So do we need to worry about hanging on to Jalie?  Or is this her dream job since it’s her alma mater?

I think this is where she wants to be. I had a conversation with her and this seems like her dream job. I just think that eventually we will have to pay her more money. Like everything else, money talks and BS walks.

• Upvote 1

They will be great. They are starting two FR and 3 JR with no SR on the team. Mabodu is the only SR on the roster, but her career ended by injury last spring so I think she is still listed only to keep her scholarship if she has one. Same with Ty Warren even though she is a JR. Her career is over due to injury. Justis is hurt and so is Townley. So, there are a lot of FR and SO playing this year and they are in every game. The loss to K-State was bad officiating. This team is the real deal. They have Coach Mitchell's print all over them and that is great defense. Three times this year they have kept opponents at 40 or less and only one team has scored more than 60 and that was a 3 point loss to Indiana, which is really a basketball school.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

Indiana was a 5 point loss. I forget how much the ladies were down by but they made a valiant effort to try to battle back. They came out with a slow start and the deficit was too much to overcome.

Over 20 at one point, I think. Shots just wouldn’t fall but they refused to mail it in. Love this team. 

• Lovely Take 1