Greetings from the 118th Army Navy Game

trud1966

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Rhyan England (#8 of Army) left the game early with an injury and hasn’t retuned.  This is the dirty player that gave Guyton a concussion.  I don’t wish injury on anyone, but what goes around comes around.  I hope he’s enjoying the view of their biggest game of the year from the bench. 

He was doing his usual hit after every play bullshit.  They were loving all over him at the start of the game, but never said anything about why he left.  As far as I could tell, he never came back in.  I only lament that he's enjoying victory tonight.  Enjoy it while you can, you slimy bastard.  They're gonna relieve you of duty and put you behind a desk in a basement someday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Army finishes 9-3 on the season....and who was one of their three losses?????

North Texas...that's who.

Rick

Yep.  We’re Navy fans and have gone the past 6 years.   Oh well. Not everyone can beat Army on a last second field goal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

17 minutes ago, trud1966 said:

Yep.  We’re Navy fans and have gone the past 6 years.   Oh well. Not everyone can beat Army on a last second field goal. 

my father is a navy man....30 years...but I was pulling for army today....gives our win a bit of an uptick

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

He was doing his usual hit after every play bullshit.  They were loving all over him at the start of the game, but never said anything about why he left.  As far as I could tell, he never came back in.  I only lament that he's enjoying victory tonight.  Enjoy it while you can, you slimy bastard.  They're gonna relieve you of duty and put you behind a desk in a basement someday. 

Sure was...I’d been texting with friends of other schools this morning before the game and they had gotten wind he was that way too so at least it’s not just us who think that.  A friend said this today and I thought it was very true...officials are so hesitant to throw flags on these kids....whether it is unnecessary roughness or holding (seems like they hold every play and never get called)...I can only assume that is because of the unique assumptions of discipline and judgement made about the young men on those teams (which are largely fair assumptions).  I am glad we have limited the series with them...it’s a no win situation.  God bless our troops and those who are sharp enough to attend the academies, but I’d rather play civilians from here on out.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Rhyan England (#8 of Army) left the game early with an injury and hasn’t retuned.  This is the dirty player that gave Guyton a concussion.  I don’t wish injury on anyone, but what goes around comes around.  I hope he’s enjoying the view of their biggest game of the year from the bench. 

This was the ideal situation for me.  Army win is good for us (& I’m a huge Bradshaw fan), and that dude wasn’t on the field for it.  

Hope he suffers through an insatiable bout of hemorrhoids the day before their bowl game & is unable to play in their win... but gets better afterward & serves our country well.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this was his BFF

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/09/26/infuriating-west-point-cadet-shares-communism-will-win-selfie-on-veteransforkaepernick/

But Navy had some responses today

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/12/09/navy-midshipmen-troll-army-over-cadets-pro-communist-sign-at-armynavygame/

• Downvote 1