SMU considering Littrell among others

Harry

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Unless UNT doesn’t reach expectations next year. Then that P5 job is gone. May I redirect you to the last two years of recruiting. 

If you think SMU is a “lateral move,” you are just showing your UNT homerness. Any place that can pay a coach $1 million more in salary isn’t a lateral move. At all. 

Also a better conference, more notable history, much better national brand, and so on and so on. 

when extention is announced it wont be a million dollars more.

more notable history??? besides the history they bought the last 20 years our records are even..

i am dont with this childish act. Seth isnt interviewing with SMU. Seth wont be the next coach of SMU. 

Always a pleasure.

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

when extention is announced it wont be a million dollars more.

more notable history??? besides the history they bought the last 20 years our records are even..

i am dont with this childish act. Seth isnt interviewing with SMU. Seth wont be the next coach of SMU. 

Always a pleasure.

It’s like you are putting your hands over your ears, squeezing your eyes shut, and yelling “nana, nana, nana, nana” as loud as you can. 

You were wrong about Morris. I hope you aren’t wrong about Littrell. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 4

Just now, UNT90 said:

It’s like you are putting your hands over your ears, squeezing your eyes shut, and yelling “nana, nana, nana, nana” as loud as you can. 

You were wrong about Morris. I hope you aren’t wrong about Littrell. 

you were wrong about willie fritz. you were wrong about seth littrell.. grow up

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

you were wrong about willie fritz. you were wrong about seth littrell.. grow up

Jury is out on both. 

And try not to end every post with “grow up.” If for nothing else but originality’s sake.

Edited by UNT90

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Update: Seth is not a candidate/interested in SMU. This report is false. He will be in NewDenton tomorrow hosting Official visits. He has already turned down bigger than jobs than SMU since he got to UNT. So relax people! 

Thank you and... you da man!

3 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

A little inside info from a friend of mine that works in the athletic department.

-Four candidates that are on the board as of now are Jeff Traylor (interim HC), Seth Littrell, Blake Anderson, and Sonny Dykes.  All have expressed interest in the position and have/will be interviewed.  A decision is expected Monday at the latest.

- Kevin Sumlin was in Dallas yesterday and met with SMU but has decided he's going to take a year off and see where the landscape is next offseason.  SMU was willing to increase the HC salary to 2.75M for Sumlin and increase the assistant pool by 1M across the board but Sumlin feels he can easily land a P5 job next year and will be in prime position to take over once the carousel begins again.

- SMU had a phone interview with Texas DC Todd Orlando but apparently Rick Hart the AD felt he did not have a strong recruiting pedigree.  Also SMU felt it was a leverage play by Orlando to get more cash out of Texas.  Orlando even advocated for keeping Traylor as his OC but he's since been ruled out.

- Jeff Traylor has the full support of the players on the team which isn't lost on Hart or the SMU inner circle of boosters.  He's a Texas high school coaching legend (like Chad Morris) and was a big time recruiter for Charlie Strong at Texas.  He's made it clear he wants the job and would take less money to assemble a veteran coaching staff.  Traylor would likely be in the 1.3 to 1.5M range with estimated assistant increases of nearly 2M.  If I had to handicap it right now he's probably the leader in the clubhouse.  

- Seth Littrell has expressed interest in the job and would bring Harrell with him.  He's doing a great job at UNT and has a similar background to Morris.  The negative I've been told from SMU's perspective is that he and his staff have not recruited well even by CUSA standards.  Under Morris, SMU signed classes in which nearly every recruit had at least one P5 offer and landed former 4 star guys like Trey Quinn who led the nation in receptions this past year.  Formal interview likely tomorrow.

- Blake Anderson has the endorsement of Chad Morris.  Morris was very transparent through the whole Arkansas process and when Hart asked about a recommendation Morris apparently "without hesitation" went with Blake Anderson.  He's been a pretty consistent winner and has former P5 experience.  He runs a similar offensive system to the Power Spread that Morris implemented and would be what I was told is a "safe" pick.  Again, issue is recruiting and ability to go head to head in the AAC against much better competition than what he's used to in the Sun Belt.

- Sonny Dykes had a phone interview earlier today and from I was told it was actually quite impressive.  He's won at a place with far less financial support (La Tech) but had a really tumultuous tenure at Cal.  He's got a weird role this year at TCU that is essentially just a quality control/offensive analyst so he's certainly ready to roll if he got the nod, but I'm told that is highly unlikely. That CAL program was completely wheels off in his last year.  I'm told he is a "distant fourth" and more of a backup candidate at this point.

-IPF breaks ground in February on the site of the Barr Pool (if you've been on campus its the swimming pool on the north side of Ford Stadium behind the dorms.  Projects at SMU do not break ground until they are 80% funded thus the delay which infuriated Morris.  He wanted to break ground in August of 2016 but SMU had just recently completed a 35M tennis facility and was in the process of raising an additional 25M for the new swimming facility across Central Expressway which opened this year.  Morris and SMU President R. Gerald Turner have butted heads a lot over this and it certainly led to some testy moments last year when Morris had a flirtation with Baylor.  The IPF is estimated to be in the 40-45M range with lead donor secured and shovels ready and will be the traditional red Georgian brick exterior to match the SMU campus aesthetic.  Morris had initially wanted a "bubble" facility similar to what the University of Texas has but Turner and the SMU BoT wouldn't go for it.  

A lot of stuff there but figured the folks here would want to know.  If I had to make a guess I'd say:

Traylor - 50%
Littrell - 35%
Anderson - 10%
Dykes - 5%

Best of luck in your bowl game and see you next year in Denton!

You completely pulled this out of your ass

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Jury is out on both. 

Jury says Littrell has made 2 bowl games, a conference championship, and set records

Jury also says Fritz has made no bowl games, no conference championships and hasn’t set records.

Rah Rah ree kick em in the knee,

Rah Rah ruts, you’re F*cking nuts.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Jury says Littrell has made 2 bowl games, a conference championship, and set records

Jury also says Fritz has made no bowl games, no conference championships and hasn’t set records.

Rah Rah ree kick em in the knee,

Rah Rah ruts, you’re F*cking nuts.

Ah, the basking in the glory of one successful season. I mean, it’s so 2013... 

And all shills can do (not talking about you in particular) is bring up 2 year old crap when arguing a completely different subject? Ok, I guess. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Update: Seth is not a candidate/interested in SMU. This report is false. He will be in NewDenton tomorrow hosting Official visits. He has already turned down bigger than jobs than SMU since he got to UNT. So relax people! 

Again, “turn down” meaning he was offered & said no?  If so, I’m still a skeptic.

I HIGHLY doubt he was offered “bigger jobs” than SMU, & turned them down.

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Again, “turn down” meaning he was offered & said no?  If so, I’m still a skeptic.

I HIGHLY doubt he was offered “bigger jobs” than SMU, & turned them down.

To be fair, if he turned down the ULL, Stephen F. Austin, and Gilmer HS jobs, JD would still be technically correct.

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2017 at 4:01 PM, greeneagle1 said:

30,000 seat capacity stadium with 75% full has the illusion of more fans than a 65,000 seat stadium that is 1/3 full. 

This is true, but the sound radiates in the stadium.  20-25k people sound like 50k.  

Edited by Rowdy
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2