SMU considering Littrell among others

Harry

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Update: Seth is not a candidate/interested in SMU. This report is false. He will be in NewDenton tomorrow hosting Official visits. He has already turned down bigger than jobs than SMU since he got to UNT. So relax people! 

You can’t prove it, thus it isn’t true, right 90?

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Update: Seth is not a candidate/interested in SMU. This report is false. He will be in NewDenton tomorrow hosting Official visits. He has already turned down bigger than jobs than SMU since he got to UNT. So relax people! 

It's at least a convincing, well thought out troll job. Kudos to @SMU2006

25 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

You can’t prove it, thus it isn’t true, right 90?

Lol. Nothing better than to say this to people. It’s called marketing a brand. Color me extremely skeptical. 

And the source you quoted might as well have been an AD rep, so...

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I'm pretty confident in my statement. And that hasn't waivered. I may completly wiff on this. But I will say Seth Littrell will Not be the next coach at SMU. I would double down and say extension with UNT wil be announced in coming day

I could be wrong, but didn’t you also say Chad Morris wouldn’t get a P5 gig?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Quoner said:

REAL POINT: I would agree 100% that this board actively discourages decent opinions (see what I did there?) Your presence is also missed and I wish you knew how to make points more efficiently and calmly because that's probably the biggest reason you end up feeling so attacked.

FAKE POINT: You're a snowflake who needs a safe space on the internet without all these mean ol' meanies. 

Na, I feel so attacked because it’s been encouraged and participated in by management. So it be. 

But I am glad to see someone else who recognizes the obvious. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

it wouldnt be the first time you had been... and not many coaches with 14-22 records do! must be a slow day on frogsofwar.com for you to grace us with your presence.

Ah, by the insults and personal attacks I see I wasn’t. 

Pardon me if I value the info of the SMU poster over yours on this subject...

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I could honestly care less what you value. I usually take my information straight from the horses mouth. You can take it or leave it! 

Riiiiggt, and the horses mouth would never use you to get the info out they wanted, would they? Because, gosh darn it, y’all are friends. 

You do realize this hurts the credibility of your info on things like this, right? 

Multiple sources from different entities. Learn it, live it, know it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Riiiiggt, and the horses mouth would never use you to get the info out they wanted, would they? Because, gosh darn it, y’all are friends. 

You do realize this hurts the credibility of your info on things like this, right? 

So you are saying Seth turned SMU down? That is even more positive!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Dont believe me i could care less...your opinion means nothing to me. You said willie fritz would be the better coach. in two season Ole Willie has 9 Wins. Seth has nine this season with one to play. so you can keep your negativity and pessimism to your self. North Texas have had there best athletic semester in years... It has to be because you and RV left...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Dont believe me i could care less...your opinion means nothing to me. You said willie fritz would be the better coach. in two season Ole Willie has 9 Wins. Seth has nine this season with one to play. so you can keep your negativity and pessimism to your self. North Texas have had there best athletic semester in years... It has to be because you and RV left...

Leaving this board isn’t leaving UNT athletics, my manipulated friend. I was at every home game.

Willie Fritz? That’s all you got? Lol.

SMU poster had some very detailed info. You had a “I know a guy” denial. Detailed info should always win the day. 

Maybe he goes to SMU, maybe he doesn’t. But I’m pretty sure that’s going to be SMU’s decision. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Leaving this board isn’t leaving UNT athletics, my manipulated friend. I was at every home game.

Willie Fritz? That’s all you got? Lol.

SMU poster had some very detailed info. You had a “I know a guy” denial. Detailed info should always win the day. 

Maybe he goes to SMU, maybe he doesn’t. But I’m pretty sure that’s going to be SMU’s decision. 

to each is own. i am gonna take the mans word for it. you can take the random poster who read a 247 article.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

A little inside info from a friend of mine that works in the athletic department.

-Four candidates that are on the board as of now are Jeff Traylor (interim HC), Seth Littrell, Blake Anderson, and Sonny Dykes.  All have expressed interest in the position and have/will be interviewed.  A decision is expected Monday at the latest.

- Kevin Sumlin was in Dallas yesterday and met with SMU but has decided he's going to take a year off and see where the landscape is next offseason.  SMU was willing to increase the HC salary to 2.75M for Sumlin and increase the assistant pool by 1M across the board but Sumlin feels he can easily land a P5 job next year and will be in prime position to take over once the carousel begins again.

- SMU had a phone interview with Texas DC Todd Orlando but apparently Rick Hart the AD felt he did not have a strong recruiting pedigree.  Also SMU felt it was a leverage play by Orlando to get more cash out of Texas.  Orlando even advocated for keeping Traylor as his OC but he's since been ruled out.

- Jeff Traylor has the full support of the players on the team which isn't lost on Hart or the SMU inner circle of boosters.  He's a Texas high school coaching legend (like Chad Morris) and was a big time recruiter for Charlie Strong at Texas.  He's made it clear he wants the job and would take less money to assemble a veteran coaching staff.  Traylor would likely be in the 1.3 to 1.5M range with estimated assistant increases of nearly 2M.  If I had to handicap it right now he's probably the leader in the clubhouse.  

- Seth Littrell has expressed interest in the job and would bring Harrell with him.  He's doing a great job at UNT and has a similar background to Morris.  The negative I've been told from SMU's perspective is that he and his staff have not recruited well even by CUSA standards.  Under Morris, SMU signed classes in which nearly every recruit had at least one P5 offer and landed former 4 star guys like Trey Quinn who led the nation in receptions this past year.  Formal interview likely tomorrow.

- Blake Anderson has the endorsement of Chad Morris.  Morris was very transparent through the whole Arkansas process and when Hart asked about a recommendation Morris apparently "without hesitation" went with Blake Anderson.  He's been a pretty consistent winner and has former P5 experience.  He runs a similar offensive system to the Power Spread that Morris implemented and would be what I was told is a "safe" pick.  Again, issue is recruiting and ability to go head to head in the AAC against much better competition than what he's used to in the Sun Belt.

- Sonny Dykes had a phone interview earlier today and from I was told it was actually quite impressive.  He's won at a place with far less financial support (La Tech) but had a really tumultuous tenure at Cal.  He's got a weird role this year at TCU that is essentially just a quality control/offensive analyst so he's certainly ready to roll if he got the nod, but I'm told that is highly unlikely. That CAL program was completely wheels off in his last year.  I'm told he is a "distant fourth" and more of a backup candidate at this point.

-IPF breaks ground in February on the site of the Barr Pool (if you've been on campus its the swimming pool on the north side of Ford Stadium behind the dorms.  Projects at SMU do not break ground until they are 80% funded thus the delay which infuriated Morris.  He wanted to break ground in August of 2016 but SMU had just recently completed a 35M tennis facility and was in the process of raising an additional 25M for the new swimming facility across Central Expressway which opened this year.  Morris and SMU President R. Gerald Turner have butted heads a lot over this and it certainly led to some testy moments last year when Morris had a flirtation with Baylor.  The IPF is estimated to be in the 40-45M range with lead donor secured and shovels ready and will be the traditional red Georgian brick exterior to match the SMU campus aesthetic.  Morris had initially wanted a "bubble" facility similar to what the University of Texas has but Turner and the SMU BoT wouldn't go for it.  

A lot of stuff there but figured the folks here would want to know.  If I had to make a guess I'd say:

Traylor - 50%
Littrell - 35%
Anderson - 10%
Dykes - 5%

Best of luck in your bowl game and see you next year in Denton!

Thank you for a very detailed account of what you believe to be happening at SMU. If you get insulted, put down, made fun of, realize this fanboard only wants to believe in unicorns and fairy dust these days. Any opposing opinion gets shouted down. Some will tell you that Littrell will coach here for the next two years even if Alabama offered him the head coaching job. 

We aren’t used to winning, so please forgive the rah rah boys you encounter. They know not what they do. 

• Downvote 5

8 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

to each is own. i am gonna take the mans word for it. you can take the random poster who read a 247 article.

So let me get this straight. You expect a head coach to tell a very frequent message board poster that said head coach is interviewing with message board poster’s perceived arch rival? Seriously? The head coach is the one source that ABSOLUTELY cannot be trusted to tell the truth in this scenario. 

Prepare to be disappointed in people throughout your life. A lot. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Thank you for a very detailed account of what you believe to be happening at SMU. If you get insulted, put down, made fun of, realize this fanboard only wants to believe in unicorns and fairy dust these days. Any opposing opinion gets shouted down. Some will tell you that Littrell will coach here for the next two years even if Alabama offered him the head coaching job. 

We aren’t used to winning, so please forgive the rah rah boys you encounter. They know not what they do. 

Dude grow up man. how old are you 60... quit acting like you are 15. Seth will leave North Texas. No one is denying that or saying that would never happen. But why would you make a lateral move when he has a great foundation started here and are just one year away from being able to hand pick the P5 job you want.. there is a reason Chad morris interview for every P5 job he could in the last 4 weeks...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Dude grow up man. how old are you 60... quit acting like you are 15. Seth will leave North Texas. No one is denying that or saying that would never happen. But why would you make a lateral move when he has a great foundation started here and are just one year away from being able to hand pick the P5 job you want.. there is a reason Chad morris interview for every P5 job he could in the last 4 weeks...

Unless UNT doesn’t reach expectations next year. Then that P5 job is gone. May I redirect you to the last two years of recruiting. 

If you think SMU is a “lateral move,” you are just showing your UNT homerness. Any place that can pay a coach $1 million more in salary isn’t a lateral move. At all. 

Also a better conference, more notable history, much better national brand, and so on and so on. 

As far as growing up, you are the only one using personal attacks and name calling in our discussion. So maybe heed a little of your own advice? 

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1