'18 LB Kieth Brown (NW Miss Juco)

p_phelps

23 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

According to 24/7, 1 other offer from Memphis.  According to his Twitter, a lot of D2/FCS offers.

What's up with this guy?   24/7 has him ranked as the #3 ILB in JUCO, WOW!   ...Then you look at their list, and there are only 4 ILB's?   I'm so confused.

247 and rivals both do a pretty bad job at the JUCO level. 

• Lovely Take 2

43 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

247 and rivals both do a pretty bad job at the JUCO level. 

Yeah. This for sure. I think our staff only taking early qualifiers out of JUCO this year is smart, but it will dampen the perceived talent level. They trust their ability to get guys ready to go and would rather have them make it to campus for sure than stars and offers they don't want to be burned that way again I don't think. Looks like he would replace Josh Wheeler. I wish he were about a half step or step faster tho. Played some D-line in high school so makes sense to pass rush him.

• Lovely Take 1

10 minutes ago, North Texas Shep said:

We really do need some work at LB. BG is great but we need a compliment real bad. Glad Colton is gone. He transferred in and worked hard, but just did not impress me at all this season.

BG isn't even the best LB on the team. Ejiya was really the only serviceable LB this year IMO

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hunter Green said:

Perhaps to give him a rest.

McDonald was the starter most those games... It makes no sense. Rest is not the answer. I mean look at the stats too... McDonald has only had 43 tackles this entire season. EJ had 100 and had to sit around half the time. It was silly and hard to watch all season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, North Texas Shep said:

McDonald was the starter most those games... It makes no sense. Rest is not the answer. I mean look at the stats too... McDonald has only had 43 tackles this entire season. EJ had 100 and had to sit around half the time. It was silly and hard to watch all season.

The only games McDonald started were the ones Ejiya was covering for an injured Wheeler at JACK.  

And I disagree about Garner not being "serviceable".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eh McDonald was slow (a safety turned LB), Ejiya has a difficult time in space, and with running QBs, and Garner idk.

We are extremely lacking still at that position as many pointed out it was a weakness last offseason. We'll likely see many new faces in the two deep next season.

Edited by Aldo
  • Lovely Take 1

56 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Was EJ meant to be an LB when he committed here? I thought with him being a lighter LB/heavier S coming in at around 225, that we had envisioned him playing that Rover spot? 

It's pretty clear to me that the staff wants a lighter guy at the rover spot like Preston. I would assume he was recruited as a weak side linebacker

On 12/8/2017 at 12:30 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

Was EJ meant to be an LB when he committed here? I thought with him being a lighter LB/heavier S coming in at around 225, that we had envisioned him playing that Rover spot? 

Yes, he was recruited as a OLB where he’s played. The Nickel recruit in that class was Baulkman, and in the 2017 class was Tyreke Davis.

Edited by UNT Mean Green

51 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Yes, he was recruited as a OLB where he’s played. The Nickel recruit in that class was Baulkman, and in the 2017 class was Tyreke Davis.

The link to Vito's story isn't working, but he was saying at the time that he was recruited at rover. Graphic when he signed said Linebacker, though.

On 12/8/2017 at 1:27 PM, MGNation92 said:

It's pretty clear to me that the staff wants a lighter guy at the rover spot like Preston. I would assume he was recruited as a weak side linebacker

IMG_0408.PNG

Edited by BillySee58