Fine 1st Team All-Conference QB!

MeanGreenTexan

Look at that! Well deserved for the Chief. Very exciting seeing these young men recognized for their hard work.

Singletary leading the nation in rushing TD's is an understandable and deserved nod for 1st team, but Ito Smith over Jeff is frustrating. Missing the Rice game allowed Smith to overtake him in yards on the season. Really hope that wasn't the deciding factor considering Wilson outperformed him in YPC, YPG, and TDs.  

50 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

moore for sure...also wish bussey would have made it...guyton has disappeared the last 6 games he played in....only 16 catches...was really only a factor in that utsa/usm game....bussey has really stepped up for the team

15 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

That’s some Fine Masonry work we got to experience this year. 

With two good years yet to come, he will firmly cement his place in the North Texas legends book.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'm really hoping that next year we find a way to get the ball in Guyton's hands more. I believe he can be a game changer

I was thinking about assuming that roll for next year, but I am old and can't play......or have the talent......but I can certainly watch.....so there, that is my contribution

35 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'm really hoping that next year we find a way to get the ball in Guyton's hands more. I believe he can be a game changer

We need more consistent threats from other receivers. Bussey and Lawrence are nice, but they're not true studs like Guyton is. I'm hoping Greg White will come in after a redshirt season and tear it up next year. He looked damn good every time I saw him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

We need more consistent threats from other receivers. Bussey and Lawrence are nice, but they're not true studs like Guyton is. I'm hoping Greg White will come in after a redshirt season and tear it up next year. He looked damn good every time I saw him. 

you watch and analyze more than i do, but what makes guyton a stud?  he had 2, maybe 3 good games....other games, he was damn near nonexistant...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Pirtle as well.  I did not realize how big that guy was until I saw him play last week.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, THOR said:

you watch and analyze more than i do, but what makes guyton a stud?  he had 2, maybe 3 good games....other games, he was damn near nonexistant...

Well he's a freak athlete and has great top end speed/jumping ability, but it seems to me his route tree was a bit limited this year. Once teams started rolling a safety over the top, it limited him a lot more than earlier in the season. 

Teams were making a more concerted effort in shutting him down. The beauty of the air raid is you can(and should, which is what Fine often did) still throw to the open guys, but you might not get the 75 yard bombs like we did with Guyton in single coverage.

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Well he's a freak athlete and has great top end speed/jumping ability, but it seems to me his route tree was a bit limited this year. Once teams started rolling a safety over the top, it limited him a lot more than earlier in the season. 

Teams were making a more concerted effort in shutting him down. The beauty of the air raid is you can(and should, which is what Fine often did) still throw to the open guys, but you might not get the 75 yard bombs like we did with Guyton in single coverage.

And when team start using a safety to help, it opens up catches for our other receivers.  He is contributing even when he isn't catching passes.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

that explanation makes sense, but i would think a stud would find a way to get open, to get the ball, to be the one to make a difference.  i didn't see that at all in most games.  glad others have stepped up with him being covered...that can only do good things for their confidence and growth in the game.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Darden will be a star when all is said and done.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Man, can you believe how good @Ben Gooding must be?  I remember him saying how much better of a QB he was than Fine and Ben does not seem like the type of guy that exaggerates things.  We are blessed to have such good options.

@Ben Gooding's dislike of Fine has nothing to do with Fine's playing ability.

• Confused 1

Glad for Mason, and hope he can be a great recruiting tool for this staff to sale to HS kids about coming here. 

Moore got ripped off, and the only thing that I could think that may have hurt his is giving up 1 or 2 KO Return TDs this year (if that is even taken into affect)...

Wilson, would have been first time but missed multiple games because of injuries, and shocked about Guyton.... Also shocked the FAU FR WR Wright did not make the list.. 

Did anyone see the All-Freshman team? Did Nic Smith make it if he was even eligible?