Fee Benefits

UNTWILLWIN

As a recent graduate, I'm split. I don't like burdening students with extra fees that amplify the amount they will be paying back over the next 10-15 years (as I will be). At the same time, this is what it takes to have a competitive athletics department. If this money is put to good use and we see results, then good. If we return to Old Denton, give the money back and save everyone some time.

Should  the UNT Athletic Dept have buses lined up to load up with scholarship athletes to go vote or is that too obvious & might piss off  some tenured professors?

At UNT you never know what side of the bed our students wake up and we have on again--off again attendance at Apogee on the Student Side as living proof of that, right?

➡️➡️➡️ I'd heard that UTA & Texas St. students never have a problem voting for their fee increases. (Off subject, but whens the last time we beat UTA in basketball once again)?😥

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

The bottom line as I see it is that this will go toward adding value to our brand. I hope the students support it and I'm pleased the NT Daily is showing support.

http://ntdaily.com/why-you-should-vote-yes-to-raising-the-the-student-athletic-fee/

Edited by Greenrex
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Greenrex said:

The bottom line as I see it is that this will go toward adding value to our brand. I hope the students support it and I'm pleased the NT Daily is showing support.

http://ntdaily.com/why-you-should-vote-yes-to-raising-the-the-student-athletic-fee/

It was just an opinion column. They've since published an opposing opinion column to complement it.

Edited by dmaxel