UT San Antonio is not going bowling

TheReal_jayD

52 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

i have no love for UTSA but they were screwed.  I think the non selection for UTSA shows our conference is not highly regarded.  UTSA would have brought a good crowed to the armed forces bowl. I feel bad for 

Nine of 10 bowl eligible teams got a bowl invite, which was a conference record.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

i have no love for UTSA but they were screwed.  I think the non selection for UTSA shows our conference is not highly regarded.  UTSA would have brought a good crowed to the armed forces bowl. I feel bad for 

I don't.

Nobody wants to watch a team that went 3-5 in conference score 9 points in the Jimmy John's Anonymity Bowl

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2017 at 8:07 PM, TreeFiddy said:

We picked up a spot in the Camelia Bowl and the Cure Bowl.  However, ESPN does not appear to own the Cure Bowl so not sure if it had anything to do with this.  On paper, it looks like we swapped the Armed Forces Bowl (ESPN) with Camelia Bowl (ESPN) with the Camelia Bowl being a much lesser bowl.

Maybe the conference just hates UTSA, which I would be ok with, or maybe the conference is getting something out of the deal from ESPN.

Hopefully its this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

This is why so many UTSA fans hate you guys.  You all act like this year round.  

I'm so sorry for some of my brothers' infatuation with UTSA schadenfreude.  

Please understand that many here simply don't care.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you guys will still cheer for us and the other 8 C-USA schools this season.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm so sorry for some of my brothers' infatuation with UTSA schadenfreude.  

Please understand that many here simply don't care.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you guys will still cheer for us and the other 8 C-USA schools this season.

Absolutely, hope all CUSA schools go out and get some solid wins during the bowl season.  

Edited by Rowdy
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

I honestly don't have an issue going after each other and trash talking, but I take it one week at time.

Let's break the Trojans and make em go to their gameplan b.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:14 AM, southsideguy said:

Nah. UTSA won 6 games but had the least impressive 6. The conference had recently seen MTSU get left out in recent years and so made an effort to find them a spot. In so doing -- and in getting 9 teams in instead of 8 -- one CUSA team got left out.

With the trade of the Armed Forces bowl to allow MTSU a nearby bowl (and NM Bowl being hyped for a 7-win Marshall) the choice was La Tech > UTSA. La Tech travels well, is a good program historically, and had beaten UTSA and boasted a better league record.

UTSA is just not more worthy of a spot than the other squads. Simple.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rowdy said:

That's rich coming from the new kids on the block, University of Talking Shit Always...

You guys are the equivalent of the $30k millionaire we see so often here in Texas. You lease the BMW and live in a fancy apartment downtown, trying so hard to look the part of an up-and-comer. You just show off that leg and hike up the skirt to attract visitors who like visiting your area...and give away a free bucket of chicken to anyone who wants to watch. 

In the end, it might work out well for you, but if it doesn't, bankruptcy is really not far behind...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

Nah. UTSA won 6 games but had the least impressive 6. The conference had recently seen MTSU get left out in recent years and so made an effort to find them a spot. In so doing -- and in getting 9 teams in instead of 8 -- one CUSA team got left out.

With the trade of the Armed Forces bowl to allow MTSU a nearby bowl (and NM Bowl being hyped for a 7-win Marshall) the choice was La Tech > UTSA. La Tech travels well, is a good program historically, and had beaten UTSA and boasted a better league record.

UTSA is just not more worthy of a spot than the other squads. Simple.

The hard part to swallow is that UTSA has a pretty good traveling fan base, especially when compared to MTSU or most CUSA schools.  I do understand that after MTSU had been previously left out they shouldn't get the shaft again though.  

• Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

That's rich coming from the new kids on the block, University of Talking Shit Always...

You guys are the equivalent of the $30k millionaire we see so often here in Texas. You lease the BMW and live in a fancy apartment downtown, trying so hard to look the part of an up-and-comer. You just show off that leg and hike up the skirt to attract visitors who like visiting your area...and give away a free bucket of chicken to anyone who wants to watch. 

In the end, it might work out well for you, but if it doesn't, bankruptcy is really not far behind...

You seem to have spent a lot of time thinking this nonsense statement through. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

You seem to have spent a lot of time thinking this nonsense statement through. 

I’d probably say that too if I ever felt like posting on whatever website UT-KFC uses as its forum...but since I’d rather jump off a building than do that, I guess I’ll never know.

• Haha 2