THIS!

TheReal_jayD

4 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I would tend to agree with you, BTG__Fan1.   We need to really broaden our competitive horizons beyond the Sun Belt & that is not saying Troy doesn't have a good team by any means.

GMG!

Thank you.. I would match rather be the ugly of the 2 match ups, than the pretty of the 2...

• Thanks 1

5 wins last year, 9 this year. The team has shown great improvement. How can you not have a positive outlook on the future? SL has done everything he was hired to do.  Goal now should be to just win the Bowl game put in front of them. Yeah, we’d love to see a P5 but do you really want to see a repeat of FAU?  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Is THAT tweet not reminiscent of Ricky V? Not WB's before or after actions of tweet as if there'd actually be any, but just THE tweet....

Just wondering, do you have to work at being an ASS or does it come naturally? Why do you follow this program if you hate everything so much?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Got5onIt said:

5 wins last year, 9 this year. The team has shown great improvement. How can you not have a positive outlook on the future? SL has done everything he was hired to do.  Goal now should be to just win the Bowl game put in front of them. Yeah, we’d love to see a P5 but do you really want to see a repeat of FAU?  

Because vs some of the contenders of the West this year (UAB, LaTech, UTSA) we won by a combined 5 points. All 3 have been recruiting significantly better than us. What makes ANYONE think we will do the same next year. I will be absolutely shocked to see us back in the CUSA champ game next year, aka a step back and COULD be a significant step back. It''s scary to think about what could be. The lust could be lost very, very quickly in 1 years time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Because vs some of the contenders of the West this year (UAB, LaTech, UTSA) we won by a combined 5 points. All 3 have been recruiting significantly better than us. What makes ANYONE think we will do the same next year. I will be absolutely shocked to see us back in the CUSA champ game next year, aka a step back and COULD be a significant step back. It''s scary to think about what could be. The lust could be lost very, very quickly in 1 years time. 

I agree with you. All of this is a possibility considering SL’s recruiting issues. We can’t do anything but let it play out. If SL can’t do it then send him packing. Wash, rinse, repeat, someone will get it right.

Right now I don’t think anyone will say anything other than the arrow is pointing way up for NT Football...

Edited by Got5onIt

Umm...maybe it's the way I'm reading the tweet, but it's pretty much saying we don't suck like we used to and is a comparison with yourself.  Why not just pump up the 9 win season and let that stand by itself?

It's a look at where we came from and trying to pump up the turnaround and shut people up.  Yall sucked before we got here...be happy with these 9 wins.

Edited by GOMG2013
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Is THAT tweet not reminiscent of Ricky V? Not WB's before or after actions of tweet as if there'd actually be any, but just THE tweet....

No he is stating it's a damn process. We are ahead of scedule just relax. Trust me no one from President to the ball boys is settling or satisfied. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Just what exactly would you want and expect WB to say? Man I and many many people on this board know about our history of watching bad football, basketball etc.  We've had a hell of a year and the future is potentially super bright here.  I would say all of us are disappointed with how this game played out today especially after the first meeting with FAU but big picture RIGHT NOW I don't see why you're not happy. 

You must be a really fun guy to be around. 

• Lovely Take 1

55 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Should it not be destroyed? Would another AD in a real conference for a real program post such accepting blasphemy? It's conceding to a worthless F'n performance. It screams, "Too bad, it's the way it is, but look at the smoke and mirrors I have to offer." It IS #OldDenton. 

I don’t believe so. 

48 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Might as well replace 'Wren Baker' with 'Rick Villarreal' in this particular tweet. There is nothing different in it. 

He didn’t have social media. 

• Lovely Take 1

54 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah....Or UCF beats the hell out of Memphis earlier this year. Memphis comes back and game plans and puts the effort into place to be competitive in the AAC Champ game and goes down fighting in 2 OT's. We at UNT can't expect that though. We just concede to our beating because We. ARE. UNT. 

This.

Our defensive staff was mediocre (better than the last game) and YOU CANNOT WIN A GAME GOING 0-27 IN THE FIRST HALF.  The offensive play calling was garbage (not enough runs called in the first half) and Harrell REALLY needs to look at his play calling (as do the rest of the staff and if Harrell is worth keeping as OC).  0-27 in the first half with a QB that threw for 300+ yards in a blow out loss is unacceptable.   Absolutely unacceptable.  

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Ha.  Plumm is surely not a believer in the idea that once you go past the corner that you can go up the wall if you have a good running back to hand the ball to your quaterback.  If we can get our defense to understand that you have to stop allowing the line to be drawn on the paper or the front porch. 

I remember what it was like back in the day when we would all sit around and talk about this game and how we will need to look out for a player returning from suspension and receiving the ball through the air like hot butter through a cat.

If there was ever a time that we needed to play the sound of music it was at halftime where a good DJ would come in handy, but not like a handy man or a Handy Andy, if you know what I mean? 

Hayden Frye or Corky or the Bill Blakely of all people, should understand sandwiches.  You know what i'm saying, Right Plumm?

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

While I don’t particularly want hear “Ra Ra team” after getting drug around the stadium by a program established in 2001 our criticism should be tempered.  But this “accepting” attitude needs to go away. Yes this program is ahead of schedule and the staff has done a good job.  Please focus on what the word ‘good’ because it isn’t great.  Let continue to aspire to be great.  And getting beat down by an upstart program by a brand new coach isn’t a stepping stone to greatness it is a setback.  I didn’t expect us to win today I just wanted them to earn some respect by keeping the game within 2 touchdowns  with less that 8:00 left in game.  All the causal fans with connections to UNT have another example of why they can ignore UNT teams with a good record and feel like they aren’t missing anything.  With all that said I don’t what I would tweet as AD under these circumstances.  Probably nothing at all until I could just congratulate the team on earning a spot in whatever bowl we get.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Should it not be destroyed? Would another AD in a real conference for a real program post such accepting blasphemy? It's conceding to a worthless F'n performance. It screams, "Too bad, it's the way it is, but look at the smoke and mirrors I have to offer." It IS #OldDenton. 

IMG_6222.GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Ha.  Plumm is surely not a believer in the idea that once you go past the corner that you can go up the wall if you have a good running back to hand the ball to your quaterback.  If we can get our defense to understand that you have to stop allowing the line to be drawn on the paper or the front porch. 

I remember what it was like back in the day when we would all sit around and talk about this game and how we will need to look out for a player returning from suspension and receiving the ball through the air like hot butter through a cat.

If there was ever a time that we needed to play the sound of music it was at halftime where a good DJ would come in handy, but not like a handy man or a Handy Andy, if you know what I mean? 

Hayden Frye or Corky or the Bill Blakely of all people, should understand sandwiches.  You know what i'm saying, Right Plumm?

GMG!

RIGHT ON!

but.....................

It's ""FRY"  without the "E" dammit! :)

...the purple for the word "without" in honor of TCU who received a little paddling of their own, today, by the OU Sooner Boomers! 

The Moral for all who lost today is:

Shit happens to every college football team who ever played the game & even ever once in awhile.  Remember last time shit happened to TCU when lil' ol' U of North Texas schooled the Horned Frogs in the art of playing college football (?)  ......and......FAU hasn't seen the last of NORTH TEXAS nor have all 24 of their fans, either. :Bang2:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

NO EXCUSES!

The year the Mean Green beat the UH Coogs 28 to 0 and then we beat those vaunted SEC Tennessee Vols 21-14 at General Neyland Stadium we got man-handled in our season opener that Fall to the tune of 61 to 7.  

So..........you just never know when the fickle finger of pigskin fate is  going to dump on your parade---------you don't.  

Fact remains, we had a blaring 2 year hole in our recruiting that culminated in a Portland State disaster that Seth Littrell inherited....that is NOT on his plate, folks.  

Exceptional team speed by an opponent can make any team look extremely slow at times.  FAU recruited for team speed & Lane Kiffen was the beneficiary of it.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah....Or UCF beats the hell out of Memphis earlier this year. Memphis comes back and game plans and puts the effort into place to be competitive in the AAC Champ game and goes down fighting in 2 OT's. We at UNT can't expect that though. We just concede to our beating because We. ARE. UNT. 

WE WON 9 FREAKING GAMES.  LOST TWO TO A TEAM THAT BEATS US 97 TIMES OUT OF 100 BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER THAN US!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

This.

Our defensive staff was mediocre (better than the last game) and YOU CANNOT WIN A GAME GOING 0-27 IN THE FIRST HALF.  The offensive play calling was garbage (not enough runs called in the first half) and Harrell REALLY needs to look at his play calling (as do the rest of the staff and if Harrell is worth keeping as OC).  0-27 in the first half with a QB that threw for 300+ yards in a blow out loss is unacceptable.   Absolutely unacceptable.  

You must not know football.... running was the one thing we COULDNT do in first half. I would have rather seen us sling it 4 and 5 wide all first half to give us a chance. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Looking at the list we are losing, we aren’t much better.. 

Aside from Jeffrey Wilson please list another OFFENSIVE player we will miss.

I will miss Trevor Moore & Jeffrey not many other big time SENIOR contributers this year.  Don't think about mentioning a defensive player we have been horrendous on that side of the ball.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Aside from Jeffrey Wilson please list another OFFENSIVE player we will miss.

I will miss Trevor Moore & Jeffrey not many other big time SENIOR contributers this year.  Don't think about mentioning a defensive player we have been horrendous on that side of the ball.

Henson has been a solid RG this year, Mayfield was serviceable.. they may be an even bigger loss than Jeffery because we will be replacing them with RS-FR.. 

Losing Moore will be like Keena, and we need to expect an early and potentially steep falloff while the new K takes over.. On defense, losing Jenkins/Flusche/Wheeler/McClain are major holes... Brooks regressed, we have no replacement for Wheeler, McClain his replacement won’t be on campus till around August and Flusche while not a stat machine he was a leader (and possibly the heart of the defense).. 

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Henson has been a solid RG this year, Mayfield was serviceable.. they may be an even bigger loss than Jeffery because we will be replacing them with RS-FR.. 

Losing Moore will be like Keena, and we need to expect an early and potentially steep falloff while the new K takes over.. On defense, losing Jenkins/Flusche/Wheeler/McClain are major holes... Brooks regressed, we have no replacement for Wheeler, McClain his replacement won’t be on campus till around August and Flusche while not a stat machine he was a leader (and possibly the heart of the defense).. 

Lol no one in that OL is irreplaceable.  Henson should be glad SL wanted to RS some OL otherwise he would be watching a true freshman play in front of him. All defensive players can be replaced with equal production.  McClain got toasted too much in coverage and got exposed he won't get drafted.  Jenkins will be toughest to replace.  Think Cam Johnson steps in and replaces immediately.  Between safeties we have on campus and what we're  bringing in McClain won't be as missed as you think.  DL will be better and LB shouldn't have to watch McDonald get drove or unable to get off blocks anymore as the freshman we have should be stepping in nicely after a big off season.  Offense kept us out of SMU, both FAU games.  They didn't do crap in first half of either FAU games.  You think defense can just go out and get stop after stop with 45-90 second breaks and no time to adjust or get coached up?  NOT GUNNA HAPPEN MY MAN.  But then again, that would require you to know a thing or two about football.  

• Upvote 3