Ok. NOW ask me what Bowl I prefer

TheColonyEagle

21 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

With the info I have NOW....

Sure. The New Orleans Bowl looks pretty good. 

After that ugly loss, I agree with you completely. I think we deserve a Sunbelt team. We'd just better win. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

When you say we, you mean the conference we are in, not we as in UNT, correct? Please say yes.

No. I mean the University of North Texas, Neil Smatresk, Wren Baker, the entire athletic department including our athletes, and our entire fan base. We.

Under the current NO Bowl arrangement, our leadership should be actively pursuing better bowl opportunities then the New Orleans Bowl verses a Sun Belt program. Not just this season, but every season. We finished 2nd in our conference, but other programs, most of which we beat during the season, will face programs with better overall history and perception.

I know we are now locked into the NO Bowl, and I view this fact as a contradiction to the "New Denton" branding our athletic department is pushing. In my opinion, we are what we do. Sending our team to the NO Bowl is clearly an "Old Denton" goal. If it is also a "New Denton" goal, then there is really no difference in them. From what has been reported, our administration could have chosen any bowl not picked by FAU. And, in my personal opinion, almost every one of those bowls would have been better for the growth of our program. In my opinion, our leadership failed to get us the best possible bowl situation. And that failure has lead to a divided fan base  Basically, our athletic leadership is creating problems.

Even if some on here don't want to admit it, this fan base is currently divided over this bowl selection, and on a deeper level, what we believe the standard we expect our leadership to pursue. On the day of our championship game, we had multiple threads regarding the NO Bowl locked, a few posters banned, and many others discussing this very topic well into the night. It isn't like I'm the only one unhappy with this decision by or leadership. There are many, and for various reason. Some don't like that the NO Bowl features a Sun Belt team. Some don't like that it will be during UNT's graduation. Some don't like that it is the first bowl of the season. Some don't like that it won't feature an opponent with more history or prestige. Some don't like that it is not in DFW. I could go on and on. And I will admit, some just want to complain, or even stir up trouble.

I have no doubt that attendance will suffer at the New Orleans Bowl, especially when some on here call for fans to just shut up and accept our fate. That doesn't serve as a tactful call for unity. Some of us fans are angry, and we feel we have a right to be.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

No. I mean the University of North Texas, Neil Smatresk, Wren Baker, the entire athletic department including our athletes, and our entire fan base. We.

Under the current NO Bowl arrangement, our leadership should be actively pursuing better bowl opportunities then the New Orleans Bowl verses a Sun Belt program. Not just this season, but every season. We finished 2nd in our conference, but other programs, most of which we beat during the season, will face programs with better overall history and perception.

I know we are now locked into the NO Bowl, and I view this fact as a contradiction to the "New Denton" branding our athletic department is pushing. In my opinion, we are what we do. Sending our team to the NO Bowl is clearly an "Old Denton" goal. If it is also a "New Denton" goal, then there is really no difference in them. From what has been reported, our administration could have chosen any bowl not picked by FAU. And, in my personal opinion, almost every one of those bowls would have been better for the growth of our program. In my opinion, our leadership failed to get us the best possible bowl situation. And that failure has lead to a divided fan base  Basically, our athletic leadership is creating problems for us.

Even if some on here don't want to admit it, this fan base is currently divided over this bowl selection, and on a deeper level, what we believe the standard we expect our leadership to pursue. On the day of our championship game, we had multiple threads regarding the NO Bowl locked, a few posters banned, and many others discussing this very topic well into the night. It isn't like I'm the only one unhappy with this decision by or leadership. There are many, and for various reason. Some don't like that the NO Bowl features a Sun Belt team. Some don't like that it will be during UNT's graduation. Some don't like that it is the first bowl of the season. Some don't like that it won't feature an opponent with more history or prestige. Some don't like that it is not in DFW. I could go on and on. And I will admit, some just want to complain, or even stir up trouble.

I have no doubt that attendance will suffer at the New Orleans Bowl, especially when some on here call for fans to just shut up and accept our fate. That doesn't serve as a tactful call for unity. Some of us fans are angry, and we feel we have a right to be.

You are welcome to your opinion. As for me, we are heading to New Orleans to support our team and have a very good time.

2 minutes ago, Eagleisland said:

You are welcome to your opinion. As for me, we are heading to New Orleans to support our team and have a very good time.

I hope you have a great time in New Orleans and I hope North Texas wins. Go Mean Green!

My opinion does not mean that I do not love and support our team. I'm just questioning some of the choices and overall standard being set by our leadership. I do not believe that is a bad thing.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mgfan said:

I'm interested about this. What will our attendance be?  I can't make it unfortunately. 

I'm interested too.

I believe it will look very bad watching small town (18,000 pop) Troy (19,000 students) bring more fans them the 4th largest university in Texas. But, that is what we will see.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

I hope you have a great time in New Orleans and I hope North Texas wins. Go Mean Green!

My opinion does not mean that I do not love and support our team. I'm just questioning some of the choices and overall standard being set by our leadership. I do not believe that is a bad thing.

Did you see that our conference champ earned a game in the Boca Bowl against AAC #6 Temple?

5 minutes ago, mgfan said:

I'm interested about this. What will our attendance be?  I can't make it unfortunately. 

We always had good crowds back in the day and the game was during the week. 

The Saturday game should help. I hope the athletic dept does their thing and promotes the hell out of it. And.....we better win.

I wish I could go his year. It is a lot of fun. 

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, TreeFiddy said:

Did you see that our conference champ earned a game in the Boca Bowl against AAC #6 Temple?

Yes. I believe no 6-6 or 7-5 P5 programs wants any part of FAU. That said, they got and deserve a better bowl then us. But, we still should have a better situation then the NO Bowl.

• Lovely Take 1