Ok. NOW ask me what Bowl I prefer

TheColonyEagle

Not a thing has changed. We were a 9 win team when I hated it yesterday, we're a 9 win team and I hate it today. Don't wanna play in the first bowl of the season, don't wanna play the Sun Belt, don't wanna be the first 9 win non-SBC team to ever play in that bowl, don't wanna watch the rest of CUSA play more desirable/prestigious opposition after our season is over. Just my opinion, but it is what it is. Could have gone to NOLA with 6 wins - it may just be our place in the world, but I want wins 7, 8, and 9 to have meant something, anything at all, when it comes to our bowl placement. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Not a thing has changed. We were a 9 win team when I hated it yesterday, we're a 9 win team and I hate it today. Don't wanna play in the first bowl of the season, don't wanna play the Sun Belt, don't wanna be the first 9 win non-SBC team to ever play in that bowl, don't wanna watch the rest of CUSA play more desirable/prestigious opposition after our season is over. Just my opinion, but it is what it is. Could have gone to NOLA with 6 wins - it may just be our place in the world, but I want wins 7, 8, and 9 to have meant something, anything at all, when it comes to our bowl placement. 

What any of us wants has nothing to do with how bowls are selected.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, FireFightnJoey said:

Problem I have with the NOLA Bowl is timing. Graduation and Christmas. I’m tied up with family and won’t get to go!  I think a lot of folks will be in same boat. Otherwise, I’d be there!

Right there with ya.   One of my kiddos has a school basketball tourney that Saturday.  

This is one reason why I tried to make as many games as I could....traveling to La Tech and to Rice,.... because I knew there was a chance I may not make the bowl game.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Most recent bowl projections* (Brett McMurphy) involving CUSA teams:

12/16 NOLA Bowl - UNT vs SBC Champ
12/16 NM Bowl - Western Kentucky vs Colo St (7-5)
12/16 Cure Bowl - Marshall vs Georgia St (6-5)
12/19 Boca Bowl - FAU vs Temple (6-6)
12/20 Frisco - Latech vs SMU (7-5)
12/21 St Pete - FIU vs Boston College (7-5)
12/22 Bahama - UAB vs Ohio (8-4)
12/23 Armed Forces - UTSA vs Army (8-3)
12/27 Independence - USM vs Fla State (6-6)

I still think these change a bit.  ULL lost today so that will open up another spot for someone to get in, and NMSU is currently losing (which will open another slot) The other oddity looking at above is that two CUSA teams that did not play in the championship game are both listed to play a P5 opponent while the two teams that did play are not.  That doesn't seem to make much sense.

The picture will start getting cleared up soon.

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

I still think these change a bit.  ULL lost today so that will open up another spot for someone to get in, and NMSU is currently losing (which will open another slot) The other oddity looking at above is that two CUSA teams that did not play in the championship game are both listed to play a P5 opponent while the two teams that did play are not.  That doesn't seem to make much sense.

If it shakes out similar to this, then watching our fellow C-USA programs play these opponents in bold will be very depressing. I would take every one of those bowls and opponents, over the NO Bowl and a Belt team. In this scenario, every C-USA bowl team we beat will have a better bowl opponent then us.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Honestly go to the Cure Bowl over NO.. go play and hopefully we can get a few FL kids at the very least.. 

or NM, but would prefer not to play Colorado State..

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1

I just don't see CUSA getting 2 P5 teams.  1 at the most, and probably not even that.  If there are 2 P5 teams available, why wouldn't TV try to figure out a way to horsetrade themselves into getting another P5/P5 matchup? 

Bowl selection show starts at 11am CST tomorrow so we won't have to wait long.

15 hours ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Agreed. As I wake up for Selection Sunday I still feel like this. We are the 2nd best team in C-USA. We have to aspire to more then the NO Bowl vs. a Belt team.

• Upvote 1

I think that since we did not beat FAU and might have to go to the NO Bowl, we should just take our marbles and go home...refuse to go to a bowl.  That would show C-USA how much we have matured as a program and that we can be just aa haughty and dillusional as some of the other programs in the country.

49 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Agreed. As I wake up for Selection Sunday I still feel like this. We are the 2nd best team in C-USA. We have to aspire to more then the NO Bowl vs. a Belt team.

When you say we, you mean the conference we are in, not we as in UNT, correct? Please say yes.