The curtain was pulled back today!

meangreenbob

4 minutes ago, unt_rocket09 said:

I get what you’re saying I just know when a 3 Star commits to us be auto downgraded to a 2 star

The better rated recruits that come to UNT are way to keep track with because there aren't many of them. They almost all contribute in a significant way. Almost at a 100% rate. I don't care about the upgrades and downgrades, the results on the field with the better sought after recruits speak volumes. 

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Skaldany didn't recruit.  At all.  

He was the final say so.  If he didn't like a recruit for defense, it wasn't gonna happen.  He knew what he wanted for his system.  and I have personally seen Skladany in Houston for recruiting.  He didn't do grunt work though.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, this game went almost exactly as I expected.  So NT is number 2 in CUSA, a position all of us would have been happy with  pre-season.  Most of this team will be back next year, so experience will be a plus versus this year.  NT has to get better in the OL and overall defensively to improve.  A few good additions could accomplish this, NT doesn't need a major overall.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Harry said:

All he has to do is HIRE a big time recruiter.  You have to pay for that but it is totally doable.

Yea... but have YOU seen any indication last season that SL is actually WILLING to give up some on the field chops for recruiting on his staff? Until he actually does it, I will not believe he will. Some stubbornness can be good, but there are many kinds of stubbornness that can really hurt you.

Edited by outoftown

4 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Yea... but have YOU seen any indication last season that SL is actually WILLING to give up some on the field chops for recruiting on his staff? Until he actually does it, I will not believe he will. Some stubbornness can be good, but there are many kinds of stubbornness that can really hurt you.

If the problem is SL, and I have no idea if it is, but then WB has to go and speak with him about re-arranging his staff.  That is clearly something a successful AD will do.  

3 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

It revealed that we were very fortunate to win some very close games this year and also that we have a ways to go in order to compete and win CUSA Titles. Despite todays disappointment it was a fun year and I am grateful to the players and coaches. Go Mean Green! Come back bigger, stronger and faster next year.

Amen.

Rick

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

It revealed that we were very fortunate to win some very close games this year and also that we have a ways to go in order to compete and win CUSA Titles. Despite todays disappointment it was a fun year and I am grateful to the players and coaches. Go Mean Green! Come back bigger, stronger and faster next year.

Dilly dilly 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Need to recruit. Their linemen are much taller and bigger.

But but but, haven't you seen our recruiting? Who cares if we're 10th in the conference? We got our guys, and that's what matters! 

If recruiting doesn't improve, look for us to get embarrassed more than a few times a year. Everyone outside of charlotte and utep is out recruiting us. It's gonna catch up to us and fast.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MGNation92 said:

but didn't you hear? They're our guys! All is good, nobody else thought they were D1 athletes, but we did! That's all that matters. 14-0 next year with all those recruits. Easy money baby

Well Parish had another D1 offer.. Moses would have had more if he was a bit taller, and Brammer was challenging Mayfield which isn’t saying a lot considering he struggled often..

5 hours ago, NM Green said:

My only question is how does fau do it in one year.  We need expediency to help make the West competitive.  The east looks to be miles ahead right now and set to be there for awhile.  Championships in boca and Miami for years to come. 

GMG

Charlie Partridge was a great recruiter.  He was great guy, he was everything you would want in your coach.  He just couldn't get it done on the field and that is why he was let go.  Kiffin said in the beginning that is unusual to take over a 3-9 team that had as much talent as we had.  A lot of people want to say he loaded up on JUCO's (Last Chance U), but the reality it was pretty much the same team we had last year with about 3 significant starters that Kiffin brought in.

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

If there is anything this loss proved (again) is that we are lacking speed at several spots if we want to win CUSA.

SL and the coaches have to go get us that speed by recruiting.  

Better get down and dirty in Houston or go to Florida, Louisiana, and Arkansas.   That speed ain't in TX. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, NM Green said:

My only question is how does fau do it in one year.  We need expediency to help make the West competitive.  The east looks to be miles ahead right now and set to be there for awhile.  Championships in boca and Miami for years to come. 

GMG

Literally did it Baylor style. Took a bunch of players no else could take. Talented guys who most schools admins wouldn't let coaches take. But Lane was able to get them in. 6-7 of guys like JF III make a big difference.