What is really disappointing and ironic

meangreanmick

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Tell that to LSU.. also Troy is 10-2 and gotten too 25 votes.. oh and a top G5 program.. move along..

Just quoting what their coaches have said and what the announcers noted during their game yesterday and what I observed. Playing scared never advanced a program. 

9 hours ago, MattMakesLoans said:

New Orleans is one of the best cities in America and best places to go for a bowl game.

I was talking to some Colorado State fans at the first New Orleans bowl. They had been to the Liberty Bowl the two years before and Holiday bowl the year before that. The fans were raving about how much more fun New Orleans was compared to Memphis and San Diego. They also talked about how that first NO bowl did more for just fans than either the Liberty or Holiday bowls. 

By the way, that first New Orleans bowl was where the Mountain West Conference sent it's runner up team. Travel proved difficult, so they traded the bowl to CUSA, but they talked about how well the teams and FANS were treated there. 

If we can get a higher profile opponent, that is different. But all this talk that New Orleans is terrible just doesn't make sense? I've been to Albuquerque in January and other than Sandia Peak, it sucks. Sandia Peak doesn't compare to other New Mexico ski areas either! And Shreveport to New Orleans is like comparing Ponder to Addison! 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, RBP79 said:

But isn't it the paying fans who help financially this program. So the players are entitled? Aren't most on scholarship? This player entitlement is perhaps what's wrong with sports today....screw the fans I want it my way or this is my political view.....I just got to hope there is some unknown factor that WB and SL know that has them leaning toward NO Bowl.

With that said I will try and make the bowl game in NO....

How many concussions have you had sitting in the stands?  How many 300 lb lineman have hit you on the field and in practice?  I don’t think it’s fair to say the players are “entitled” for wanting to go to a destination city and have some fun as a reward for a good season.  None of our other potential choices (is it even our choice) were program builders.  At least now, when the players are talking up a potential recruit, they can tell of the good times they had in New Orleans instead of that great bus trip down to Dallas.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Just quoting what their coaches have said and what the announcers noted during their game yesterday and what I observed. Playing scared never advanced a program. 

Playing scared is not facing tougher teams in better conferences.. Play Troy while it is a solid team is in a crappy conference that we should want 0 part of.. Play a solid game and we should get the win, and stop looking for an easy team to go out and beat..  

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Playing scared is not facing tougher teams in better conferences.. Play Troy while it is a solid team is in a crappy conference that we should want 0 part of.. Play a solid game and we should get the win, and stop looking for an easy team to go out and beat..  

How many times are you going to post the same thing?  

• Upvote 2

On 12/2/2017 at 12:05 PM, ntsumck said:

What everyone is missing is I believe its a financial decision.   If we play early it does not cost the school any extra money.  The kids will still be on campus.  If we play later, they will have to bring the players, managers, equipment managers, staff, etc. and they have to house, feed at an added expense.

I do not think its a player decision, its an AD decision.  $$$$$

If you really want a different bowl game, Donate more to the program and our program can afford better things.

...and Wren and Seth get bonuses for winning the Bowl game.

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Till people stop asking the same questions.. again, if you don’t like it ignore me.. 

What question would that be?

Why not actually support your position instead of just implying that CUSA is light years better than the Belt?  Troy is rated higher than any CUSA team except FAU.  CUSA as a whole is only rated very slightly better than the Belt.   There is absolutely no rationale to back up your multiple posts.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

What question would that be?

Why not actually support your position instead of just implying that CUSA is light years better than the Belt?  Troy is rated higher than any CUSA team except FAU.  CUSA as a whole is only rated very slightly better than the Belt.   There is absolutely no rationale to back up your multiple posts.  

It’s not that CUSA is light years ahead.. UNT wants to move on from being a bottom dweller and last chance U of D1 in terms of kids settling for UNT because it’s the only offer..  you want to impress fans and change the image of the program go play someone tougher than you.. The SBC is not tougher than CUSA but the MW is.. Troy is a great team that I’m happy to play because it’s a challenge but they are part of a crappy conference, and it’s a school that most Alumni have no idea where it is... you want to build a brand, stop playing schools and conferences below you and play someone bigger and win.. 

NO is a great city and place for a bowl but the conference is a CRAP match up.. #2 in CUSA should played up a leave and not down.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Downvote 5

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

It’s not that CUSA is light years ahead.. UNT wants to move on from being a bottom dweller and last chance U of D1 in terms of kids settling for UNT because it’s the only offer..  you want to impress fans and change the image of the program go play someone tougher than you.. The SBC is not tougher than CUSA but the MW is.. Troy is a great team that I’m happy to play because it’s a challenge but they are part of a crappy conference, and it’s a school that most Alumni have no idea where it is... you want to build a brand, stop playing schools and conferences below you and play someone bigger and win.. 

NO is a great city and place for a bowl but the conference is a CRAP match up.. #2 in CUSA should played up a leave and not down.. 

Repetition makes nothing you say more or less accurate, but that pink B in the last comment icon on every thread sure is a constant power down.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MattMakesLoans said:

I’m disappointed that we have to go when Bourbon Street is under construction, but other than that I’m excited to go see my team play in a bowl.

New Orleans is one of the best cities in America and best places to go for a bowl game.

There is still plenty of debauchery to be had on Bourbon Street between Canal and Toulouse.  It is possible that most of the construction may be done for the bowl.  Certainly, by Sugar Bowl a few weeks later so it will be pretty close to being done.  

Image result for bourbon street construction update

• Lovely Take 1

19 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

There is still plenty of debauchery to be had on Bourbon Street between Canal and Toulouse.  It is possible that most of the construction may be done for the bowl.  Certainly, by Sugar Bowl a few weeks later so it will be pretty close to being done.  

Image result for bourbon street construction update

That construction is not even half done.   

9 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

That construction is not even half done.   

I saw something saying the first four blocks are hoped to be done by December.

However, Bourbon street aint the only cool street in the Quarter.  I rarely even venture on Bourbon when I visit, especially on weekend nights.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I saw something saying the first four blocks are hoped to be done by December.

However, Bourbon street aint the only cool street in the Quarter.  I rarely even venture on Bourbon when I visit, especially on weekend nights.

My advise is to stay off Bourbon on weekend nights unless you have a particular place to go or just like to be around mostly young drunks.  Now I will amend that if you haven't been before, it is definitely something you ought to see at least once.  

5 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

I’m going to try and ditch my family that’s flying in from Maui that weekend and head to New Orleans. 

How can anyone think NT is going to smoke Troy??? This is going to be a very close game. 

I'd love to think we were going to blow them out, but the reality is with this defense if we win by 1/2 a point and get to 10-4, that'll be fantastic.