What is really disappointing and ironic

meangreanmick

8 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

What disappoints me most, is those who claim to only be concerned about the programs prestige and brand, but then are going to not support the team because they don’t get the exact bowl and exact opponent they want.  You know what hurts the program more than would playing/losing to the Sunbelt in the New Orleans Bowl?  Poor fan support.

Everyone has different opinions, I can’t imgaine too many people wouldn’t prefer to play a higher recognized opponent/league in a destination bowl, but we still have a lot to celebrate from this season.  Complaining because you don’t get what you want in a bowl game is really putting a damper on it for the fans and the team that, while wishing we had something else, still recognize we should be happy for being headed in the right direction finally.

Not supporting the team by not attending because your don’t like the opponent hurts us FAR WORSE than whom ever the opponent is, win or lose.

Its pretty typical, sadly...

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

But isn't it the paying fans who help financially this program. So the players are entitled? Aren't most on scholarship? This player entitlement is perhaps what's wrong with sports today....screw the fans I want it my way or this is my political view.....I just got to hope there is some unknown factor that WB and SL know that has them leaning toward NO Bowl.

With that said I will try and make the bowl game in NO....

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 3

I just posted another bowl topic...but yeah if the preferable bowls are off the table for us then how is it the fault of the staff and admin that we have to choose between 3 smaller bowls that all have a couple of good and bad details to compare?

• Upvote 1

What everyone is missing is I believe its a financial decision.   If we play early it does not cost the school any extra money.  The kids will still be on campus.  If we play later, they will have to bring the players, managers, equipment managers, staff, etc. and they have to house, feed at an added expense.

I do not think its a player decision, its an AD decision.  $$$$$

If you really want a different bowl game, Donate more to the program and our program can afford better things.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, ntsumck said:

What everyone is missing is I believe its a financial decision.   If we play early it does not cost the school any extra money.  The kids will still be on campus.  If we play later, they will have to bring the players, managers, equipment managers, staff, etc. and they have to house, feed at an added expense.

I do not think its a player decision, its an AD decision.  $$$$$

If you really want a different bowl game, Donate more to the program and our program can afford better things.

Completely stupid. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

What disappoints me most, is those who claim to only be concerned about the programs prestige and brand, but then are going to not support the team because they don’t get the exact bowl and exact opponent they want.  You know what hurts the program more than would playing/losing to the Sunbelt in the New Orleans Bowl?  Poor fan support.

Everyone has different opinions, I can’t imgaine too many people wouldn’t prefer to play a higher recognized opponent/league in a destination bowl, but we still have a lot to celebrate from this season.  Complaining because you don’t get what you want in a bowl game is really putting a damper on it for the fans and the team that, while wishing we had something else, still recognize we should be happy for being headed in the right direction finally.

Not supporting the team by not attending because your don’t like the opponent hurts us FAR WORSE than whom ever the opponent is, win or lose.

I would rather have the passionate fan that b!tches than the completely random appathetic one! All passionate fans make it better. GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Am I okay as a fan since I supported the team in Boca Raton today even though I won’t be going to a bowl the CUSA runner-up has no business playing in? Please let me know. K, thanks.

That is a Conference problem, not a UNT problem. CUSA feels that it is a bowl that is more than acceptable for its second place finish. 

Just now, UNT Five&Dime said:

Has nobody seen Greg the Bunny?

@untjim1995 I’m in agreement and still hopeful the Conference understands a loss by a Division Champ would reflect poorly on the entire CUSA.

I understand why many feel the way they do about us playing against a SBC team in the NO Bowl, but it’s typical UNT luck to be put in this situation. CUSA May change it all up going forward, if that’s what the think they need to do, but it won’t help us out.

But I’m also in the minority that thinks the NO Bowl against Troy is a great matchup and a game I think we could win. Their win over LSU remains the biggest upset of the year and gives them some recognition they usually don’t have.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Has nobody seen Greg the Bunny?

@untjim1995 I’m in agreement and still hopeful the Conference understands a loss by a Division Champ would reflect poorly on the entire CUSA.

Well, I guess we can be thankful that Littrell had the foresight to make sure that won't happen.  Kiffin has that burden to carry now.

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

That is a Conference problem, not a UNT problem. CUSA feels that it is a bowl that is more than acceptable for its second place finish. 

But Jim, it's easier for the dentist office receptionist who criticizes everything to whine incessantly. Facts: All of the automatic CUSA bowl tie ins are vs Group of 5 opponents. The Sunbelt has finished ahead of CUSA 2 of 3 years in the final CFP computer rankings. We aren't better. And NO Bowl gets their champion every year. So they are the ones that should be upset that the champion of their league (ranked higher than CUSA) has to play a non G5 champion. EVERYONE would love to see us play a Big 12 opponent. Here is the reality. The P5 schools avoid that at all cost and if they allow one, it's one they think they can win and the G5 team doesn't have an advantage  (in other words not gonna put K-State vs UNT in DFW). P5 controls the matchups along with TV. So you'd be looking at a mid-tier AAC matchup at best. WHY IS THIS SO DAMN HARD TO UNDERSTAND for some on this board?/

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1