***OFFICIAL UNT VS. FAU C-USA CONF CHAMP GAME THREAD***

Harry

21 minutes ago, keith said:

I think pretty much everyone who posts on this board and/or spends time posting here at the same time they are watching games, knows football.  They also know bigger, faster, stronger athletes when they see them and FAU has them in spades compared to us.  Unless, of course, you are saying that FAU simply has better *football* players, but I thought Texas had the best football players in the country.

No. They are absolutely not leaps and bounds more athletic. I've been an athlete my whole life and I can clearly see lack of passion and inspiration from another athlete. That's understanding sports, not just football. They are a better team but nowhere near 34-0 better in the third quarter...that is also much on our lack of inspired football. They still have time to at least show that in this game.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Every set-back is a set-up for a come-back!

True... cannot have the comeback of the decade unless you get yoursel finto a biiig hole.... mission acopmlished ;)

Don't think UNT can still win this, but if it is supposed to happen, it would take turnovers for sure.

Edited by outoftown
  • Lovely Take 1

Why do we insist on "tackling" Singletary above the waist?   Tackle him at the hips and below and he will go down.  The coaches need to find some old game tape of Kenny Buyers, put it on a loop and make the defense watch it a over and over.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

No. They are absolutely not leaps and bounds more athletic. I've been an athlete my whole life and I can clearly see lack of passion and inspiration from another athlete. That's understand sports, not just football. They are a better team but nowhere near 34-0 better in the third quarter...that is also much on our lack of inspired football. They still have time to at least show that in this game.

Got it, so our team never really wanted to win this game.  Passion and inspiration is not a measure of athleticism.  It's a measure of something else.    

Edited by keith
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Cerebus said:

How many times has FAU blitzed today?  Not many.  They are killing us with a 4 man rush.

This game has 90% been on Mason Fine, offensively. He hasn't trusted himself, hasn't seen the field appropriately and therefore has had hung onto the ball far too long too many times. The 10%, there has been some whiffs by the OL. 

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

This game has 90% been on Mason Fine, offensively. He hasn't trusted himself, hasn't seen the field appropriately and therefore has had hung onto the ball far too long too many times. The 10%, there has been some whiffs by the OL. 

Who is he going to throw to? Not a lot of seperation.  

11 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Every set-back is a set-up for a come-back!

Good attitude. Still unlikely but hey when the guys start showing some shine...might as well throw in a little hope.

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, Cerebus said:

Who is he going to throw to? Not a lot of seperation.  

Scheme better. Flare your backs out. Get some Screen game going. To expect Fine vs a good defense, even at his best, to pick apart a defense is naive. He isn't Tom Brady. Our offensive game plan has been doodoo. He is not that good to be able to out throw people. But, keep your apologize game strong. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Because we seem satisfied trying to get our tenth win vs Troy 

No offense but if we play like we did today Troy will kill us.  They beat LSU this season.  I love our fans but damn man we need to step down and understand where we are right now especially after todays debacle.