***OFFICIAL UNT VS. FAU C-USA CONF CHAMP GAME THREAD***

Harry

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Even though I hate the bastard he’s a really good coach. If he ever decides to grow up and quit acting like a middle school kid he will probably end up with a great P5 job 

Hah. You think that disqualifies him for one?

Kids love that stuff. He will get an offer at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No, but the attendance would be better if it were a neutral site game.  You'd have the locals coming to watch football...in theory.

If this game is at a neutral site like Atlanta or New Orleans, I start thinking about buying tickets as soon as we clinch. As it is, we couldn't make travel plans until the east was decided. (I'm not going to start booking flights and rooms because I'm 'pretty sure' tye game is going to be in Boca)

I just hate that we look like this in front of a national audience.  This is not representative of the season this program had.  It’s just a damn shame.  Hopefully we can come back in the 2nd half and make this thing respectable.

2 minutes ago, SlimSlamSlum said:

If this game is at a neutral site like Atlanta or New Orleans, I start thinking about buying tickets as soon as we clinch. As it is, we couldn't make travel plans until the east was decided. (I'm not going to start booking flights and rooms because I'm 'pretty sure' tye game is going to be in Boca)

The SEC championship is in Atlanta 

• Upvote 1

First half ranking of UNT units:

Best unit by far:

special teams, because it isn't an embarassment. Yes the fake FG didn't get there but otherwise it was solid.

second (far behind) : Defense. Can't get off the field and has essentially given up between the 20 yard lines, but at least several redzone stops. That is all I really expected (ok, was hoping for a TO or two).

third even slightly behind the D:

The offense. Barely move the ball, and when they did messed up. Never had a drive that gave the Defense any breaks. It was obvious to me that we would need to score 40 or more to win this. We are at a big fat zero.

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

False.. going and playing in the NO and then losing on top of this destroys the entire season

Although I don't think it destroys the entire season, I feel your pain, and somewhat agree. I have no points left to give, but if I did you would get a +1 for this comment.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I just hate that we look like this in front of a national audience.  This is not representative of the season this program had.  It’s just a damn shame.  Hopefully we can come back in the 2nd half and make this thing respectable.

Our lousy showing and the pathetic crowd.  CUSA looking bad

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

We have a history of laying eggs in games like this.  While I wanted to win this game, I think I really wanted to not be embarrassed even more.  That's not a good frame of mind entering a conference championship game.  We've had a great season, but it's also one that could have easily been 3-9 instead of 9-3.  The old saying of defense wins championships still rings true in the modern era of offensive game plans and our defense has been suspect this season.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Side Show Joe said:

Although I don't think it destroys the entire season, I feel your pain, and somewhat agree. I have no points left to give, but if I did you would get a +1 for this comment.

It really does destroy it.. the season of possible destiny people said and losing to FAU (in a beatdown) and a SBC is a huge let down, dear I say similar similar to the UTSA undefeated season.. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, ForneyGreen said:

Dear Coach Kiffin - please call off the dogs early and don't make this thing end 70 - 10.   Thanks for your consideration.

Hate games like this where we look so small and so slow.

No please LK put up 70.. I want to hear the reasons we keep Reff and gets FAU ranked..

Every time we got into field goal range we were immediately pushed back.  The INT hurt.  That one was a bad decision by Fine, but I think it was a situational INT.  If we were not in that position desperately needing something positive, I don't think he makes that throw.  It was more him trying to make a big play when we needed it and it back-fired on him.

11 minutes ago, Boca_Nasty_96 said:

The SEC championship is in Atlanta 

All of them?

There are 19 places named Atlanta  in America. There is one place named Atlanta in South Africa. There is one place named Atlanta in Nicaragua. There is one place named Atlanta in Costa Rica. There is one place named Atlanta in Belgium. There is one place named Atlanta in Austria.