What is New Denton vs. Old Denton vs. Real Denton

shaft

Old Old Denton - Didn't invest in sports, didn't go bowling, dropped out of FBS and went to the Southland. 

Old Denton - Rejoined the FBS, didn't really invest in sports and was fine with the Big West and Sun Belt.

RV build a bridge to new Denton through facilities.

New Denton - Invest in sports proportionally, upgraded to Conference USA, and has the expectation they we continually get better and compete for a bowl slot.

Real Denton - Understands that we still have a new coach, young team, have struggle against better competition all year, and our running back is out for the post season.

Fan Boy - Screams and yells, is entitled, has delusions of grander, conspiracy theories about everything that has held them back, and understands  Plumm's posts.

• Upvote 12
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 8

Funny!

Let me politely say that those who've been around this for almost half a century may better well understand where I'm coming from.  Some will never admit that just maybe I'm pretty close to being accurate on much (not all) that I post on the past organization of UNT Athletics.  Many of you are spot on on much that you post.  I used to be more directly involved with it all until I decided....this group is only going to do just enough to get a higher paying job somewhere else (if their social skills with even our own fan base allows them to do so).

Many of you have always worked for  the government in some capacity so you think in that mode, but I'm not a bureaucrat and can't think like one.  Most of that group all lean Left and I don't lean Left & some on this forum know that thus more Red Numbers because of their (to state it mildly) bigotry.  This forum is truly a microcosm of what's happening in the USA right now.   

So yes, in deed, the bureaucrats do  live in a different world than my Private Business World, but it takes all kinds of us to make this world go round, doesn't it?  Both groups are required for our country to function. Yet I won't compare those from the world of education to our present day Congress because that would be insulting, but at times it seems many of that group come from the same peanut shell.  Most educators I know do not.    If some (not all) from that bureaucratical group opened a Lemonade Stand they'd need government funds to run it and once they go bankrupt they'd need food stamps to survive.  That is not my world and it isn't most of yours, either.   Notice, shaft, I've not mentioned any names in this post, except yours in this paragraph, but I have not done it in a condescending or derogatory sort of way. 

Conspiracy?  Just 1 example here out of many I could list but..........  go to the SMU board and try to understand where they are coming from as far as UNT is concerned.  They don't like us--never have liked us and if anyone on this forum doesn't believe they are getting mildly pissed  because we are getting more air time (even after they beat us back in Sept.) then you may be part of the (new) "yet to be named"  #crowd. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

39 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Many of you have always worked for  the government in some capacity so you think in that mode, but I'm not a bureaucrat and can't think like one.  Most of that group all lean Left and I don't lean Left & some on this forum know that thus more Red Numbers because of their (to state it mildly) bigotry.  This forum is truly a microcosm of what's happening in the USA right now.   

"To state it mildly" and the term you used was bigotry. Bolded it, too! What term would you have used to state it in a more harsh manner?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

New Denton, Old Denton, who cares? They're all globalist nuclear reptilian vampires anyways

Well...

On 5/24/2016 at 8:02 AM, Cerebus said:

Keep you conspiracy theories straight CBL, it's not that hard.  

MGT is a proponent of the Neal Smatresk is a lizard person conspiracy theory:

arh9F6u.jpg

4 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Funny!

Let me politely say that those who've been around this for almost half a century may better well understand where I'm coming from.  Some will never admit that just maybe I'm pretty close to being accurate on much (not all) that I post on the past organization of UNT Athletics.  Many of you are spot on on much that you post.  I used to be more directly involved with it all until I decided....this group is only going to do just enough to get a higher paying job somewhere else (if their social skills with even our own fan base allows them to do so).

So yes, in deed, the bureaucrats do  live in a different world than my Private Business World, but it takes all kinds of us to make this world go round, doesn't it?  Both groups are required for our country to function. Yet I won't compare those from the world of education to our present day Congress because that would be insulting, but at times it seems many of that group come from the same peanut shell.  Most educators I know do not.    If some (not all) from that bureaucratical group opened a Lemonade Stand they'd need government funds to run it and once they go bankrupt they'd need food stamps to survive.  That is not my world and it isn't most of yours, either.   Notice, shaft, I've not mentioned any names in this post, except yours in this paragraph, but I have not done it in a condescending or derogatory sort of way. 

Conspiracy?  Just 1 example here out of many I could list but..........  go to the SMU board and try to understand where they are coming from as far as UNT is concerned.  They don't like us--never have liked us and if anyone on this forum doesn't believe they are getting mildly pissed  because we are getting more air time (even after they beat us back in Sept.) then you may be part of the (new) "yet to be named"  #crowd. 

Can anyone translate? I'm a lowly bureaucrat with a masters, and apparently I'm not capable of understanding such highfalutin Big Business World Number 1 Fancy talk

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, shaft said:

Old Denton didn’t grow beyond the New Orleans Bowl.  The powers that be failed in 2003 to get the team into a different bowl. 

No. The New Orleans Bowl was the only tie the Sun Belt had in those days. In 2003, there were no other options, and the NO Bowl was a great opportunity for a North Texas program that had recently moved back into the highest level of college football. In 2017, the New Orleans Bowl is just Old Denton.

• Upvote 1