Graduation or New Orleans Bowl?

TheNewEra

1 hour ago, greeneagle1 said:

Bring your cap and gown to the bowl game? Ask the Athletic Department to hold an offsite graduation ceremony with Wren Baker (VP of Athletics) as the acting President to officiate :D

Hmm... are any players graduating?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TheNewEra said:

I begin this by saying that I realize I am part of just a couple 100-1000 possible students this applies to BUT 

Not getting started on the selection of NO Bowl, because I hate that we won’t be playing a non P5 team & probably playing a team from our former conference. And playing in one of the first bowls of the season at noon. 

NO/NM bowls fall on December 16th, the COB & Arts/Sciences colleges graduate that day, probably more. I know the team/athletic department have to do what’s best financially/prestige wise but this really sucks for students that are graduating or attending one.

I began during the epic 2013 football campaign & got to enjoy that amazing season. It will go down as my favorite football season ever and being apart of that game against rice(goaline stop). I have experienced the ebbs and flows of this team for 4 years. Gone to many road games (Ruston, Boca, Austin... just to name a few) scrapping whatever money I had being a broke student could get in gas money to get there. 

So ending my whiney kind of soap box it just sucks this great season I won’t be able to attend the crescendo of the season. I considered skipping grad but I have many family members already booked flights to be there and I can’t make it from my 8am grad to Nola by noon. I’ll be back with season tickets next year as an Alum but this sucks. 

Sincerely,

An angry graduating senior

#gmg #newdenton

First, congratulations on your upcoming graduation, and welcome to the alumni side of the stadium in 2018.

Your issue with a New Orleans Bowl birth is a real dilemma. I have to believe we have some football players that are set to graduate too. Those graduating should be afforded an opportunity to attend our bowl this season too. You and others about to graduate should call the athletic department and express your concern. And, if this were the case with a different bowl I would say the exact same thing.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:26 AM, Ben Gooding said:

Graduation is about as worthless of a time as it gets. Skip out on that garbage and go to New Orleans. Grab a buddy or 2 and make a celebration out of it. 

This is the kind of priceless advice they don’t teach you in school. You should make inspirational posters. 

18 hours ago, Green Mean said:

Wren Baker is a badass! He is smart enough to see how this is a issue for attendance. Then he is even smarter to let these young people walk with athletes that will be playing in the bowl! I love this guy. Even if it does not result in a huge boost in attendance, it is a special moment and glad he is willing to work with graduates.

• Upvote 1