Graduation or New Orleans Bowl?

TheNewEra

1 minute ago, Eastwood Eagle said:

Are you going to grad school, med school, law school or any other post undergraduate program? If so, SKIP. If not, probably SKIP. 

Considering getting my MBA, gonna think on it for year. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

While UNT history dictates that it might be another decade before you see the Mean Green return to a bowl game, you only graduate once.  

I didn't march for my bachelor's, and I still kinda regret it 23 years later. 

I didn't attend either of my UNT graduations.  Hasn't bothered me a bit in the past 25+ years.   Never would have crossed my mind as a factor regarding going to a MG FB game.

#individualPersonalPriorities

• Upvote 1

Graduation ceremonies are a beatdown for everyone involved.  You're a jerk if you leave early... you're bored out of your mind if you stay.  But momma/grandma love it.  They'd gladly sit through 2-3 hours of it just to hear your name.
I went skiing instead of walking.
I agree w/ @meaniegreenie regarding priorities.  Everyone's are different.

• Upvote 1

Hire a stand-in. Just get someone of your approximate height, skin tone, and hair color to sit through that dreadful thing. 

If they find out, your family will forgive you, because they have to. It's their thing. I can't say the same for the Mean Green Family. 

I mean, who would you rather disappoint?

1) Your parents - You've very well likely already disappointed them numerous times, and will probably continue to do so throughout your life. Despite that, they seem perfectly fine keeping you. 

2) The Mean Green Faithful - You've seen what happens when these people get disappointed, and it's not pretty. They don't forgive anything. Wearing black, making an anatomically incorrect eagle sign with your clumsy human hands, sitting or standing when they want you to stand or sit.... nothing is forgiven... ever. Without a familial obligation to forgive you, I shudder to think of the potential consequences. I mean, remember Eppy? No... no, you don't. No one remembers Eppy. You don't want to end up like Eppy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

From someone who graduated in May let me give you this advice, walk the M'fn stage. It's one of the best feelings in the world, it's that final sense of accomplishment. I know history doesn't have us doing much as a football program, but I can tell you that we will make a bowl game next year, go to that one. GMG and congrats bud. 

As a 1st gen college graduate, I got this feeling when I gave my mom my framed diploma.
Meanwhile, I was having a blast on a mountain in NM while 1000's of others were stuck waiting around for several hours in the Super Pit.

• Upvote 1