Brett McMurphy says North Texas Lock for NOLA

TheReal_jayD

3 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

He also immediately started out as a junior reporter, which is an apprenticeship, kinda similar to college. But you do you.

two degrees and can't even do an equivalency comparison. 

also, you should definitely tell me more about Hemingway. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Yeah, it was pretty sweet to go to it at 5-7. Now we’re 9-3 and going back to New Orleans.

You're acting like we turned down a game versus a P5 opponent. In case you haven't noticed, C-USA doesn't have any bowl contracts you would approve of. We took the best option available to us. 

Do you think recruits give a damn that UNT played in the NOLA Bowl back in the early 2000s? Hell no! All they'll see is C-USA Champs (hopefully), 10 or 11 wins, and a bowl win. That's progress.  

If our conference doesn't have a tie in for a certain bowl, then blame the conference, not Wren. There is only so much we can do, the rest is the fault of the conference.

And just for reference, the CUSA championship game is the ONLY conference championship game not being broadcast on satellite radio.

This thread reminds me of just how amazingly out of touch our fan base can be...

CUSA Bowl ties are what they are. Unless bowl slots aren’t filled or other bowls make trades for spots to become available that aren’t normally, you go to the bowls your Conference has ties to.

For those of you clamoring the NO Bowl against an SBC team is beneath us, just remember that EVERY P5 opponent in this region feels like playing us is beneath them and has no upside. This bowl game has been great to us in the past and is easy to travel to from DFW.

#entitledDenton

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, greenminer said:

The CUSA Champ appeared in the NO Bowl in 2001.  If you want to play any "lack of progress" card, maybe you should take it up with the conference office.

I haven't read past this post yet, so apologies if this was mentioned, but that CUSA champ was 7-7. I'm not furious Fred over here saying I won't be all in and supporting the team and all that - I've been here long enough to know the value of a bowl game - again, I just hoped that a 9 win division championship season would get us more than the first bowl of the season against a Sun Belt team. That's all. It's a personal let down for me, all I'm saying... feel like we'd have had this or a better matchup at 6-6 or 7-5... and I hope I'm wrong, but I worry that the general perception of this matchup will be overwhelmingly negative. 

55 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

But playing Fresno in Albuquerque on the same day would be better?

I hope we somehow draw a B12 school or a P5 in the Indy or HOD , but if we don’t, then what? 

Just my personal opinion, but GOD yes. That's a solid G5 that's currently in the top 25 and about to play for a conference championship. I'd much much rather play a team like that than a SBC school... Way more to gain/less to lose. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

I haven't read past this post yet, so apologies if this was mentioned, but that CUSA champ was 7-7. I'm not furious Fred over here saying I won't be all in and supporting the team and all that - I've been here long enough to know the value of a bowl game - again, I just hoped that a 9 win division championship season would get us more than the first bowl of the season against a Sun Belt team. That's all. It's a personal let down for me, all I'm saying... feel like we'd have had this or a better matchup at 6-6 or 7-5... and I hope I'm wrong, but I worry that the general perception of this matchup will be overwhelmingly negative. 

Cincinnati was C-USA co-champ with a ranked TCU team...a TCU they had beaten earlier in the year. they also took Ohio State to the wire in Columbus. that wasn't a slouch team.

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Cincinnati was C-USA co-champ with a ranked TCU team...a TCU they had beaten earlier in the year. they also took Ohio State to the wire in Columbus. that wasn't a slouch team.

No, it wasn't at all...that was one of the best Mean Green nights of my fan experience, and Gino Guidugli for life... but they ended up 7-7. The equivalency game is dangerous, and we're all probably about to play that LSU card while ignoring that Troy lost to South Alabama while scoring 8 points. I'm just frustrated. No non-SBC 9 win team has ever played in the NO Bowl before, and that combined with the absolute last conference matchup I'd pick just bums me out.