Next Best Bowl

shaft

If these were your only choices, which bowl would you choose?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. If these are the cards your dealt...

• Armed Forces vs. Army
    • New Orleans vs. SBC Champ
    • New Mexico vs. MWC #3
    • Heart of Dallas vs. Another G5 #3

25 minutes ago, Dusky said:

Why isn’t the Independence Bowl a choice?  That is a definite possibility.

1. Because we don't need 7 polls asking the same question.

2. This poll asks the question, what's the next best option.  We all agree an Independence Bowl match up against a P5 schools is the best choice.  

• Upvote 2

Would have loved to play in Fort Worth, but I voted for the HoD...

Would have been great to see Downtown FTW in green, and been great to have a game in FW alumni back yard as well and Army is a great national name.. but 4 times is to much...

An honest question to people though..

If we had had played someone else last year in the bowl game.. and then played Army in this years bowl game, would people have had a problem with it?

26 minutes ago, shaft said:

1. Because we don't need 7 polls asking the same question.

2. This poll asks the question, what's the next best option.  We all agree an Independence Bowl match up against a P5 schools is the best choice.  

Didn’t realize Independence was first then “next”, fair enough.

13 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Would have loved to play in Fort Worth, but I voted for the HoD...

Would have been great to see Downtown FTW in green, and been great to have a game in FW alumni back yard as well and Army is a great national name.. but 4 times is to much...

An honest question to people though..

If we had had played someone else last year in the bowl game.. and then played Army in this years bowl game, would people have had a problem with it?

Interesting.  I still think people ( both fan bases ) would be upset because 3 times in slightly over a calendar year would be a little absurd IMO.  GMG

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

1. Heart of Dallas

2. New Orleans

3. maybe New Mexico just because I don't want to play Army again.  New Mexico can't be all that bad, right? 

4. Armed Forces

just spent a week in ABQ. that city has some charm and character.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Surely you're mistaken & mean Santa Fe?

not at all. Santa Fe has it's qualities, but feels a bit too contrive for my tastes.

we stayed in the Wells Point neighborhood of ABQ...it's definitely still rough around the edges...old industrial part of town, but with half-dozen quality breweries and some damn fine eats (hmm...green chili) within walking distance

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

not at all. Santa Fe has it's qualities, but feels a bit too contrive for my tastes.

we stayed in the Wells Point neighborhood of ABQ...it's definitely still rough around the edges...old industrial part of town, but with half-dozen quality breweries and some damn fine eats (hmm...green chili) within walking distance

You even set foot anywhere in the entire state of NM after Hatch's Chile fest in September, and you're gonna get fantastic green chiles with/on everything.  Good timing.
Can't find a "Wells Point" there.  Do you mean "Wells Park"?  If so, that's pretty close to Old Town, which I've been to, but I don't recall going over to Wells Park.  May have to stop down next time... it's been a while.

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You even set foot anywhere in the entire state of NM after Hatch's Chile fest in September, and you're gonna get fantastic green chiles with/on everything.  Good timing.
Can't find a "Wells Point" there.  Do you mean "Wells Park"?  If so, that's pretty close to Old Town, which I've been to, but I don't recall going over to Wells Park.  May have to stop down next time... it's been a while.

yes...Wells Park. those breweries are messing with my memory.

this has no bearing on what bowl we go to but from a fan's point of view, here's the forecast for each potential destination:

Dec 16:

Albuquerque: partly cloudy, high of 48, low 30.

New Orleans: cloudy, high of 61, low 49. No bearing on game as inside Super Dome.

Dec.26:

Dallas: sunny, high of 58, low 35.

Dec. 27:

Shreveport: sunny, high of 52, low 30.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

this has no bearing on what bowl we go to but from a fan's point of view, here's the forecast for each potential destination:

Dec 16:

Albuquerque: partly cloudy, high of 48, low 30.

New Orleans: cloudy, high of 61, low 49. No bearing on game as inside Super Dome.

Dec.26:

Dallas: sunny, high of 58, low 35.

Dec. 27:

Shreveport: sunny, high of 52, low 30.

I think this is a factor.   Cold will have more of an impact on teams that throw more.