DRC: UNT, FAU coaches talk rematch in C-USA title game

Brett Vito

5 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I'm having a very...very hard time hating Lane Kiffin.

We are supposed to hate him right?

I just can't...still...GMG

I...I'm not sure how to take this:

"A lot of people win divisions, but very few win championships," Kiffin said. "It's a huge game. North Texas hasn't lost since they played us. They are a top 25 team in my opinion."

50 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I'm having a very...very hard time hating Lane Kiffin.

We are supposed to hate him right?

I just can't...still...GMG

Lane is misunderstood.  If you follow him closely his statements are done for his amusement and not arrogance.  Its like being on the inside of a joke sometimes with his tweets.  I just love how he tortures Tennessee!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Felozano said:

Ha!  So are you saying I might be reaching with my “at times” Top 25 Defense?  

The defense has come up big at times, l just want to see more of it!  I  believe!

Haha just a bit. They perform like a top half defense at times but rarely if ever top 25. Now the ‘13 defense that had “the stand” could be argued as top 25.

• Upvote 2

I know a number of people who talked about what a great guy Lane's dad, Monte, was during his time with the Cowboys. And most of the quotes and tweets I've read from Kiffin do fall into the joking/teasing/let's have fun category. 

I don't like the kind of players - arrest records longer than their playing resumes, players dismissed from their teams for causing trouble, etc.  - that he's bringing into our league. Based on what @FAU Connoisseur has written, most of those aren't contributing significantly this year. But they could be playing soon. There's a difference between playing hard and playing dirty. 

8 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I know a number of people who talked about what a great guy Lane's dad, Monte, was during his time with the Cowboys. And most of the quotes and tweets I've read from Kiffin do fall into the joking/teasing/let's have fun category. 

I don't like the kind of players - arrest records longer than their playing resumes, players dismissed from their teams for causing trouble, etc.  - that he's bringing into our league. Based on what @FAU Connoisseur has written, most of those aren't contributing significantly this year. But they could be playing soon. There's a difference between playing hard and playing dirty. 

You will have to tell me the players you are referring to?   Deandre Johnson (out due to blood clots; career may be over; he was from FSU) was recruited by previous staff and signed before Lane was hired.  R-SR Khalib Woods was a Charlie guy and got in a bar fight in January.  He wasn't a Lane guy.  I think he should be kicked off the team.  The university handled the situation, suspended him the first 6 games (wasn't allowed on campus until a week before the season) and took his scholarship away. 

It's not as much thug university as people think.  Some kids need a second chance.  I am kind of a hardliner but every team has redemption cases on it whether you know or not.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

You will have to tell me the players you are referring to?   Deandre Johnson (out due to blood clots; career may be over; he was from FSU) was recruited by previous staff and signed before Lane was hired.  R-SR Khalib Woods was a Charlie guy and got in a bar fight in January.  He wasn't a Lane guy.  I think he should be kicked off the team.  The university handled the situation, suspended him the first 6 games (wasn't allowed on campus until a week before the season) and took his scholarship away. 

It's not as much thug university as people think.  Some kids need a second chance.  I am kind of a hardliner but every team has redemption cases on it whether you know or not.

The little that I read about FAU is that the previous coach did a tremendous job recruiting but couldn't translate that talent into wins.  Now they have the coaching to go with the talent. 

FAU Connoissuer ... is that the main difference this season?  I'm really surprised by not only you guys winning the East but winning so convincingly.  Granted, we didn't really show up for our game against you but that game made y'all look like a top P5 team and made us look like a low Sun Belt team.  

12 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

The little that I read about FAU is that the previous coach did a tremendous job recruiting but couldn't translate that talent into wins.  Now they have the coaching to go with the talent. 

FAU Connoissuer ... is that the main difference this season?  I'm really surprised by not only you guys winning the East but winning so convincingly.  Granted, we didn't really show up for our game against you but that game made y'all look like a top P5 team and made us look like a low Sun Belt team.  

Yes you are correct.  Charlie did a great job recruiting.  Good character guys, good grades and great players.  Didn't go the JUCO route which I don't think was his decision, he was building it from the ground up.  The play on the field never matched the talent we thought we had.  Kiffin basically compliments Charlie Partridge every week about the guys he brought to the program.  Apparently Kiffin, text's Partridge weekly as well.  You know how some coaches don't want to acknowledge the past, Kiffin constantly compliments Partridge and even Howard Schnellenberger for the work he did in establishing the program.  I am telling you if you go by the national media you really don't know who Kiffin is.

17 hours ago, Felozano said:

Our offense is definitely top 25. Our defense has been at times.  If we put our best together, I see a win in Boca. GMG!

I love the color of your green lenses, but at no time has our defense been top 25, unless you mean top 25 in Conference USA, then yes they are at least in the top 15 of CUSA defenses.  We haven't even slowed down an average offense all year, don't get fooled by a couple of plays against bad offenses.  In reality, a good defense wouldn't have put us in the position to have to make a game winning stand against some of the bad offenses we played.    

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

I love the color of your green lenses, but at no time has our defense been top 25, unless you mean top 25 in Conference USA, then yes they are at least in the top 15 of CUSA defenses.  We haven't even slowed down an average offense all year, don't get fooled by a couple of plays against bad offenses.  In reality, a good defense wouldn't have put us in the position to have to make a game winning stand against some of the bad offenses we played.    

Ha!  You’re right. We have had moments, but they’ve been a play, or a drive (I alluded to those moments, but the D hasn’t been consistent for an entire game).  We have ability, but haven’t been able to put it all together. Only spurts.  I’m glad the D did step up in those moments (UTSA)...My green lenses are hoping these moments are a glimpse into our next two games!  GMG!

• Upvote 1