Apogee Stadium - Survey

Mad Hatter

5 hours ago, diehardUNTfan said:

Are those flags only up for conference games?  Because they weren't up for the Army game. Thanks

i'm pretty sure they were always up...assume it was just too windy up there to fly them...total guess though

• Thanks 1

Just finished taking the survey.  I'm in agreement with y'all that it's pleasing to see the AD care enough to see what we think about the whole gameday experience (parking, stadium, food, band, etc).  Very comprehensive.  Having sat through years of the Fouts Field experience, clearly an Apogee Stadium survey was a home run for me!  I do have to ask though, is anyone else besides me asswhipped by the band playing "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes incessantly over 4 quarters?  Don't enough college bands already beat that song into the ground?  "Fly Like an Eagle" is more unique to us and now getting underutilized.  If you see a guy next year in Section 208 stab out his ears with an icepick, that's me.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

If those front few rows on the student side are given back to young grads, I'd definitely be interested in purchasing a few in my first season as an alumni.

John Williams is the man to see.  Already a great deal.

1 hour ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Email was already sent. You're right, the tickets were extremely poorly distributed. I'm well aware of the situation, again people on this forum are overly sensitive to this subject. Don't worry, I'm sure Wren will get this addressed. There is no doubt in my mind that he is well aware of the glaring issue here. gmg.

They were not poorly distributed.  They were purchased, all of them, by an alum that reoffered them with free transportation and a couple of drinks at his bar.  Great deal.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

They were not poorly distributed.  They were purchased, all of them, by an alum that reoffered them with free transportation and a couple of drinks at his bar.  Great deal.

The season is over at Apogee, and it doesn’t matter now.. The issue is the damn CSC personal that block those seats, or are checking tickets for them. If this is a CUSA requirement then WB and the AD office need to do something, with shuffling in “recent” grads into those seats or something or make them into Greek House(s) of the week or something that  an get the students excited and pumped up (maybe another talons section?)

Also, no idea about the price or anything since I haven’t needed it but many of the people that would purchase those tickets may only want the tickets (which I assume is fine). 

Also, i posted it earlier in the thread., people have brought up the need for expanding the Team store potentially and the merchandise.. We need people to be using and saying these for them to hopefully change it.. UNT is leaving a lot of money on the table with these “sideline exclusive” merchandise.. 

7 hours ago, vpackrats said:

Just finished taking the survey.  I'm in agreement with y'all that it's pleasing to see the AD care enough to see what we think about the whole gameday experience (parking, stadium, food, band, etc).  Very comprehensive.  Having sat through years of the Fouts Field experience, clearly an Apogee Stadium survey was a home run for me!  I do have to ask though, is anyone else besides me asswhipped by the band playing "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes incessantly over 4 quarters?  Don't enough college bands already beat that song into the ground?  "Fly Like an Eagle" is more unique to us and now getting underutilized.  If you see a guy next year in Section 208 stab out his ears with an icepick, that's me.

Couldn't agree more. I assume it's suppose to be a beat down for the opposition, but it's a bigger beat down for the fans.......or at least this fan anyway.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Email was already sent. You're right, the tickets were extremely poorly distributed. I'm well aware of the situation, again people on this forum are overly sensitive to this subject. Don't worry, I'm sure Wren will get this addressed. There is no doubt in my mind that he is well aware of the glaring issue here. gmg.

Hahahahah...

Edited by LongJim

8 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

If those front few rows on the student side are given back to young grads, I'd definitely be interested in purchasing a few in my first season as an alumni.

You've been free to purchase them for a few years now.  $75 per seat per season, shuttle to/from Eastside/Apogee, free beer after the game, free tailgate at Apogee, and a t-shirt.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

The response from Wren:

"

Thanks for the note. We do plan to do something different there last year and perhaps it will be young alumni. It’s a conference wide policy that prevents students from sitting there. The same sections are withheld from students at every CUSA school, not just UNT. But what we are currently doing to fill them isn’t working so we are definitely going to implement something new. I appreciate you taking time to reach out. GMG!
Wren

"

Say no more Wren, you acknowledged that the current situation isn't working and that you are going to do something different next year. Gold star for Wren. 

I <3 John Williams for what he does and continues to do. And on the surface him buying all those seats, adding perks, and LOWERING the price seemed like an awesome idea. But for whatever reason, it did not work, so am all for The Wren trying something else!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Can they not actively include them when offering season tickets to Alumni or anyone else?  Those are choice seats, that would probably be cheaper than the 50 Yard Line on the alumni side?  No requirements for Mean Green Club donations....only draw back is you're surrounded by rowdy UNT fans?  Sounds pretty good.

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Curious to see what they do to fill those seats now.  Again, it's tough real estate.  I almost bet they ultimately end up getting tarped over at some point.  

Very doubtful. That doesn't fix or solve anything. I think they should keep the guards there until halftime and let the students kind of move into them on accident. That can be a short term solution. Winning will have to continue to happen to really fix it. 

• Upvote 1

I am glad The Wren™ is working on a way to fill those seats.  Good intentions and all, but they did remain empty the majority of the year.

My question is what is the conference going to do if we sternly tell the students to not sit there, and then just kinda not bother to enforce it.  Kinda just gasp and look the other way:

h4ZCwDc.gif

I'm not even sure the conference would even notice, unless someone complained.  

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I am glad The Wren™ is working on a way to fill those seats.  Good intentions and all, but they did remain empty the majority of the year.

My question is what is the conference going to do if we sternly tell the students to not sit there, and then just kinda not bother to enforce it.  Kinda just gasp and look the other way:

h4ZCwDc.gif

I'm not even sure the conference would even notice, unless someone complained.  

I figure they would issue a warning and then fines.. not I doubt they send someone to check IDs and that to see if they are students 

8 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Yeah the fines are what I worry about, I'm curious what other schools have done to solve this issue. 

No idea, but possibly what John Willians is doing is the best.. have him buy them school/Athletic Department pass it along to the frats for them to buy or something.. 

What they should is market it as Young Greek Alumni section.. recent Greek students should get them.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

they aren't for recent grads, they were purchased by a guy, and then the tickets were poorly distributed. Don't bring this subject up, people on this board get sensitive over this subject. Something needs to be done about it, I'd rather having opposing fans then there a bunch of empty seats. 

And you still don't understand this situation, even after all the hubub last time. I took advantage of this deal in its first year when I had just graduated. It was the 2013 season that we kicked a ton of ass, and I got season tickets for a steal. I brought many people with me that are now UNT fans as a result. It's a great way to get around the CUSA rule.

It's your own fault if you didn't take advantage of this good deal, not John's or Wren's.

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Prettylittleeagle said:

And unless you go on this forum or to John's establishments you have no way of knowing about this. It's not really ones fault if they don't do either of these things. Lets not tell me that I "still dont understand this situation" I'm well aware of this situation. Wrens email just echoed that as well. 

Do you use facebook? That's how I found out about it. John did a great job of getting the word out. And you very clearly do not understand the situation as evidenced by your continued assertion that this is some error by the AD and not a conference-imposed rule that we have cleverly skirted for 3 years.

2 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

And unless you go on this forum or to John's establishments you have no way of knowing about this. It's not really ones fault if they don't do either of these things. Lets not tell me that I "still dont understand this situation" I'm well aware of this situation. Wrens email just echoed that as well. 

John never bought out the whole section. You would have been well within your right to get some. You however chose not to.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I <3 John Williams for what he does and continues to do. And on the surface him buying all those seats, adding perks, and LOWERING the price seemed like an awesome idea. But for whatever reason, it did not work, so am all for The Wren trying something else!

But is it Baker's choice?  When a customer, John Williams, buys those seats he is free to do as he pleases within the rules.  I don't have a dog in this hunt and don't like how the empty seats look on television, but what happens if someone else purchases one of these seats and then doesn't show for the game?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

But is it Baker's choice?  When a customer, John Williams, buys those seats he is free to do as he pleases within the rules.  I don't have a dog in this hunt and don't like how the empty seats look on television, but what happens if someone else purchases one of these seats and then doesn't show for the game?

If JW had worked out a deal with Baker/Athletic Department to bulk buy and resell them, which I am guessing was the case since he bought so many, then they simply don't have to make that same concession.