POLL: Which bowl would you prefer UNT to be in?

Harry

Which bowl would you prefer UNT to be in?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which bowl would you prefer UNT to be in?

• R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl - Dec. 16 in New Orleans
    • Gildan New Mexico Bowl - Dec. 16 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
    • Boca Raton Bowl - Dec. 19 in Boca Raton, Florida
    • Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl - Dec. 21 in St. Petersburg, Florida
    • Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl - Dec. 23 in Fort Worth
    • Walk-On's Independence Bowl - Dec. 27 in Shreveport, Louisiana
    • Heart of Dallas Bowl - Dec. 26 in Dallas, Texas
    • Autonation Cure Bowl - Dec. 16 in Orlando, Florida
    • None of the above or Write in Candidate

I copy and paste my rant from another thread. 

I've been blown away over the last few weeks of bowl talk and why we don't want any bowl but the Independence bowl!   Of all of our conference bowl possibilities this bowl by a million miles has the best legacy and it's not even close.  

we should only want the Independence bowl and nothing else! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Bowl

And yes there is value in playing a P5 over a G5 for sure no army again! 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Frisco Bowl, it's right across Lake Lewisville from Denton. We would sell out the place with a whole lot of green and give our extremely young team one heck of a home field advantage.

Let our 2018 and 2019 teams play for 'best bow'l and 'best opponent'. This year should be about continuing to build the fan base and trying to become bowl champions.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Give me HOD or Independence for max practice time.

The NCAA only allows 2 weeks of bowl game practice no matter when the bowl game is.

So, after we win the conference title on 12/2, even if we get the NM Bowl (12/16), we have 2 weeks to practice (and keeping a normal routine may not be a bad thing).  If we happen to get a game on 12/26 or 12/27, we're still only allowed 2 weeks worth of practice.  However, we could spread that 2-weeks-worth around a little, allowing the guys to have some time to prepare for finals in between practices.

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The NCAA only allows 2 weeks of bowl game practice no matter when the bowl game is.

So, after we win the conference title on 12/2, even if we get the NM Bowl (12/16), we have 2 weeks to practice (and keeping a normal routine may not be a bad thing).  If we happen to get a game on 12/26 or 12/27, we're still only allowed 2 weeks worth of practice.  However, we could spread that 2-weeks-worth around a little, allowing the guys to have some time to prepare for finals in between practices.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.com/articles/14667060/debunking_the_15-bowl_practice_myth.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-alabama/article29167921.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/95720950

Edited by Cr1028

40 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The later bowls give us more time to heal as well.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

Frisco Bowl, it's right across Lake Lewisville from Denton. We would sell out the place with a whole lot of green and give our extremely young team one heck of a home field advantage.

Let our 2018 and 2019 teams play for 'best bow'l and 'best opponent'. This year should be about continuing to build the fan base and trying to become bowl champions.

How dare you use logic! I love the responses by people here on GMG about the Frisco Bowl. My favorite is we can't play there because we'd sell it out. Funny because we never sell out anywhere. Even the HOD is in a half full stadium. Apogee, never sold out. Frisco would sell out, it would be mostly our fans too. I've been there for the National Championship and it was a blast. If tickets were hard to get, GOOD.

Most of the bowls on this list would be a ghost town on both sides. Especially the NM. (I've watched it on TV and it looked bad) 

I see zero downside to playing in a 20.5k stadium that we fill up. It's better exposure than looking like a Thursday night MAC game. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

I'm sorry, but who cares about the actual bowl? I know that travel is a concern for UNT fans. However, we need a bowl that we can face a P5 program. Beating UNLV was great, but did nothing to further our football program.  Army was a quality win, but we lost our two other non-conferences games against Iowa and SMU; I assure you the general public placed an asterisk on 9-3 record because all of our wins, except one, was from CUSA and DII.  If we beat a P5 program, even a midlevel P5, in a bowl, than the asterisk will be removed by most everyone, including recruits. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1