Kansas State vs. North Texas HOD being projected by SI

Harry

Wow, I just may have a new favorite bowl scenario... K-State would bring a TON of fans to this game...BTW this was updated just tonight.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/college-football-bowl-predictions-week-14-auburn-clemson-oklahoma-wisconsin-alabama-ohio-state/74aojjwfjgr61ue3lwvh12e2k

Honestly, people may like a bigger name school like UCLA or FSU in the Independence Bowl, but I think K-State or Tech would do a lot more for the program.. 

Beating a K-State/Tech May not seem sexy, but they are a regional “power” program and one that has a large presence in Texas in history and recruiting.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Downvote 1

Kansas State would be a very large turnout and they didn’t play in Fort Worth this year so they would love a trip back into the Meteoplex for recruiting.

It could be a storybook chapter to the end of an amazing season and beginning of something big and Green.  It would star familiar roles only this time it would be #NewDenton taking off for a long run of success!

GMG

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Honestly, people may like a bigger name school like UCLA or FSU in the Independence Bowl, but I think K-State or Tech would do a lot more for the program.. 

Beating a K-State/Tech May not seem sexy, but they are a regional “power” program and one that has a large presence in Texas in history and recruiting.. 

:huh:

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I would absolutely love this. I'd probably have family in town for it, and the Cotton Bowl would be rocking. We'd bring 40k fans, and KSU would bring a ton, too.

KSU is a little bit hard to figure out this year. They can play some great football at times, and they can struggle at times, so I don't know how the game would go, but I want to see it happen anyway.

• Upvote 1

This would be awesome.  And I think if we are Conference champions the 40k UNT  showing up might be a conservative estimate.  And if that ends up being the case UNT might be a preferred option to a historically mediocre P5 team coming to HoD in our place.  An 85% full Cotton Bowl with more than 50% of the fans there in Green on national TV would be huge.

• Upvote 1

As I posted a few days ago, this is the dream scenario. A Big XII marquee team with a legend as its coach, here in DFW, in a bowl game. IF we were to play this even close, it would be a huge help. If we actually won, it could be the jet fuel to the fire we need to get the program the interest it so desperately needs. 

I'll say this, if we can't propel season tickets and more MGC contributions from the scenario above, ESPECIALLY with SMU on the home schedule for next year, it would defy almost every amount of logic one could have about our fans supporting the program.

• Upvote 1