Dark Gray NT fitted hat by Nike, where to buy??

Got5onIt

13 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

At the Army game I saw someone walking around the sidelines with a dark gray North Texas fitted cap by Nike. It has “NORTH TEXAS” embroidered on the front and a swoosh on the back. 

Anyone seen this hat and know where I can grab one?

Like all the great gear you see on the sideline, I'm guessing it's team issue only. Total BS, but that's the way the AD seems to want it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Like all the great gear you see on the sideline, I'm guessing it's team issue only. Total BS, but that's the way the AD seems to want it. 

I am buddies with an AD at a smaller basketball school. It is very common to have team-exclusive gear, and he cited security and uniformity as primary concerns. I was given a shooting shirt that the players wear on the court, but was asked to never wear it at a game or official event.

7 minutes ago, meangreenthirteen said:

I am buddies with an AD at a smaller basketball school. It is very common to have team-exclusive gear, and he cited security and uniformity as primary concerns. I was given a shooting shirt that the players wear on the court, but was asked to never wear it at a game or official event.

Actually makes a lot of sense and is something I hadn't considered.

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Don't forget the manufacturers usually want some restrictions on who can get that years gear.  First so they can get feedback on future products, second so consumers can't see how much worse consumer gear is compared to the on the field products.  

That's not true.

While we don't know the exact reasons why we can't get NT sideline apparel, we know that at a lot of other Nike schools, fans can get all of the same merchandise the coaches have.

Let's take Lincoln Riley from their last game:

5a1c6f669e1ce_ScreenShot2017-11-27at2_01_40PM.jpg.1158563eecd0aab22cd859d33020c9bc.jpg

Visor: http://shop.soonersports.com/COLLEGE_Oklahoma_Sooners_Nike_Hats/Mens_Nike_White_Oklahoma_Sooners_2017_AeroBill_Sideline_Performance_Visor

Pullover: https://www.fanatics.com/college-oklahoma-sooners-oklahoma-sooners-nike-elite-coaches-dri-fit-1-2-zip-jacket-crimson/o-16+t-46000043+p-138198458812+z-9-3127339412?_r=v1.1%3B1&_i=20546667780282523&_c=v1%3Ao-5%2Bt-2009%2Bga-1

And that's just one example. I can find many more teams that have all the current sideline merchandise available.

The AD is leaving money on the table by not making this stuff available.

meangreensurvey.com if anybody wants to make their voice known.

31 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

second so consumers can't see how much worse consumer gear is compared to the on the field products.  

Also, our athletic department isn't getting any kind of special apparel from Nike. They just order items out of the Nike catalog and slap a logo on them just like little Johnny's pee wee team can.

The AD, Barnes and Noble, Voertman's, Fanatics, Rally House, etc, all order from this catalog, then just put whatever logo they want on any given shirt. In the case of the long sleeve dri fit everybody wants, this is why the same base shirt can have any one of 4 different NT logos on it depending on where you see it.

My solution for this problem would be for the athletic department and Barnes and Noble to get together on sideline apparel so fans can have access to this stuff. Just like many other schools, NFL, NBA, etc.

https://niketeam.nike.com///niketeamsports/content/pdf/catalog_thumbs/NTS_Sideline_Exclusives.pdf

I've said it before and will continue to say it.. Do the UNT Survey (meangreensurvey.com) and email directly WB, JM, and whoever else is in charge of the team store... Have your friends and family members as well fill out the survey and email the correct people, with images of what people want to buy..

If anything it will lead to us finding out why exactly they are missing out on products (when someone like WB/JM hopefully reply back)... Heck include NS and other high-up Admin on the email stating that the school and athletics are missing out on a LARGE AMOUNT of $ and branding opportunities and include the numerous threads on this site (which by the way we should find a hashtag to use to sort/locate these threads for us to include on emails for items people want)... It does not work if only 1 or 2 people send it, we as a forum group need to be submitting this and emailing them, strength in numbers!