UT's Warren Transferring

LongJim

6 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

I think with Smith, Johnson, and some of the other recruits, we should be set at RB. I would use that transfer scholarship on the defensive side.

No upper class runners... warren would be a nice addition but it would likely potentially lead to a clog at the position but he is a physical runner that we need

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

I think with Smith, Johnson, and some of the other recruits, we should be set at RB. I would use that transfer scholarship on the defensive side.

At 6 foot 3 and 250 pounds per 247, I would take him regardless. He would just pound through other defenses and would be very hard to take down. Love Smith's ability but I think a back of that size would really be a force in CUSA. If not at RB, maybe convert to another position at that size?

• Lovely Take 2

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

At 6 foot 3 and 250 pounds per 247, I would take him regardless. He would just pound through other defenses and would be very hard to take down. Love Smith's ability but I think a back of that size would really be a force in CUSA. If not at RB, maybe convert to another position at that size?

He be larger than most CUSA LBs.. I knew he was a bigger back but not that big.. sign him up

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

6’3” 250 pound Rb would be a bulldozer once he hits the outside. He was originally a TE at UT. 

I wonder if her was a two sport athlete in HS that could be flipped to defense. Chances are he’s an athlete and could be a big contributor in the CUSA on defense but I dont know. 

Why flip him? Guys like Dillman and Mean barely touch the field at all.. we have needed a physical/big back and warren is that type of back that could/would be a great pairing with Johnson and Smith, and even Siggers

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

Yes plz.. but speaking of scholarships, will we put Lawrence on scholly next yr?

Now that he has been in the program 2 years (after this season) he can be placed on scholarship and not count against the 25 per year, but will count against the 85 total.  With us being under the 85 total scholarship level, no reason to not put him on scholarship after the season.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

He'd be a great pick up. But why is he transferring? That reason directly effects how much work the coaches should put into getting him! 

Herman seemed to be giving his RB recruit more playing time as the year went on...

37 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Now that he has been in the program 2 years (after this season) he can be placed on scholarship and not count against the 25 per year, but will count against the 85 total.  With us being under the 85 total scholarship level, no reason to not put him on scholarship after the season.

The question is how close will they be after this senior class leaves.. They were at 80 scholarships before this season started and before RJ Reyonlds (the late enrollee freshman from Air Force showed up).  But I would agree Lawerence should be on scholarship if we have 1 open, he is probably the most deserving of one.

Sidenote as well...

He has 2 years to play, but 1 would be ate up by transferring (he is not a grad transfer), but he could apply for a medical RS from his 2016 season which he had an injury.. According to the report he is upset he is not a full-time RB, but with us needing an older RB in the room after Wilson/Tucker leave I think it would be a solid addition to the group.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2017/11/27/16705590/chris-warren-transfer-texas-longhorns-position-change