CUSA Championship Score Prediction Thread

GreenTexan13

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

I think we lose by deceptively close 8 points.  Out scoring then 20 to 6 in the second half.  Final score 37-46.  Missing onside kick with 1:48 left.  But if their kicker misses 2 FG or more it could get very interesting.

So deceptive that it is 9 points?😂

I am having a difficult time with this pic. I think FAU comes in a little flat since they hammered us a while back. That was the result of them playing really well, probably their best game and us being off and playing our worst game of the year. I will go with a win for the Mean Green by less than three points. 

I felt fairly pessimistic for the first one , guessed a L but was not nearly pessimistic enough. My gut says the timing is better this time for UNT, but FAUs offense presents a bad matchup for UNTs defense.

This will definitely be a high scoring game and the winner will likely score more than 40.

I think the UNT defense has improved a tad bit more than the FAU offense, but the army games outcome still has me somewhat scared about this game as I think FAU took an approach surprisingly similar to armys on offense at times and that has proven to be very effective vs UNTs defense.

I think UNTs offense will learn from the second half in boca last time and improve its overall output, but one or two errors will be one or two errors to many.

My guess:

UNT 43, FAU 51

Hope I am wrong though. Getting two or three turnovers on D would be the huge break that could change that score in UNTs favor.

Edited by outoftown

The UNT vs FAU game was an anomaly and served as a ego check for the Mean Green. Lets put things in perspective... Mean Green had (2) fumbles, which were in great field position for FAU (14pts). Mean Green had (2) punts that I can recall, which gave FAU great field position (14 PT’s). That accounts for 38 unnecessary points, which most occurred the secongThe Receiving Corp (Guyton: no receptions/ Rico: 1rec 19yds)... and most of the attempts were on 3rd down.  The bulk of their scoring occurred in the first quarter. This offense will not perform  as they did during this game. The defense will step up and not allow the run game too torch them like previously. Despite all of the above, it’s great being the under dog; chip on your shoulder; and resilient. The Mean Green will go to FAU with a focus on winning and accomplishing their goal.

UNT -52

FAU- 28

• Lovely Take 2

I think this one may be over by halftime, again.  Who has stepped up on defense that can actually tackle Singletary?  We need some LBer help in here, big time, over the offseason.

I think the only hope we have is that, as someone mentioned above, only 9,000 fans show up.  For a conference championship game, maybe that would be enough to dishearten their team and cause them to slip just a little bit.  Probably doesn't, but I just don't see any way unless they play a terrible, turnover prone game.

FAU - 77

UNT - 17

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

I think this one may be over by halftime, again.  Who has stepped up on defense that can actually tackle Singletary?  We need some LBer help in here, big time, over the offseason.

I think the only hope we have is that, as someone mentioned above, only 9,000 fans show up.  For a conference championship game, maybe that would be enough to dishearten their team and cause them to slip just a little bit.  Probably doesn't, but I just don't see any way unless they play a terrible, turnover prone game.

FAU - 77

UNT - 17

I fear that we get murdered in this game. They are a horrible matchup for us. They can pass the ball very well. We cannot stop decent teams from passing. If we turn it over a lot again like we did last time in Boca, we will get crushed, maybe not by 60, but by 35+ again. We are going to have to score on almost every possession to win this thing--with zero TOs--to have any chance to win.

FAU--55

UNT 38

• Downvote 1

Very hard to predict what will transpire. I'm just going with a prayer-pick. Both teams will slug it out in a physical game.  We make one more stop than they do and ride Trevor Moore's leg to victory and a conference championship.

North Texas Mean Green       44

F-AU Owls                                 41

Lets DO this!

OK my friends I have been waiting all week to post my prediction.  Re-matches are tough but I just think we have the better overall team.  I believe we will have a higher efficiency on our drives in scoring.  I just think our defense will make more stops and force punts.  You will get your yards and some points but I don't believe you break 30.  We have 10 game streak scoring greater than 30.

Concerns the re-match, always hard to play a team twice.  A slow start, but reports from practice is we are having a great practice week.  We haven't created turnovers the last 3 weeks.  Our turnovers.  Motor had 2 turnovers lost last week (1 probably wasn't).

Things to be optimistic.  You guys give up a ton of points and rushing yards.  If you gave up 140+ yards rushing to Rice makes Motor very happy and I expect a heavy dose of Buddy Howell as well.  Driskel has become more than a game manager.  High completion percentage and watch out for his running.  Prediction, Franklin will throw the ball for the first time this season from the wildcat.

42-28 FAU win!  I just don't believe you can stop our running game and by the 4th quarter we pull away for the win.   Looking forward to the game, I have been dreaming about this since we open the stadium.  Should be tourist board dream weather day high of 80 with a nice ocean breeze.  GO OWLS!

• Upvote 1

Simple answer to this issue.  Our WR win in their 1v1 coverage we kick their @$$ we don't win those battles, it's another long day.   They're going to heat us up and play man coverage behind just like first match up. 

Edited by GMG24

On 11/28/2017 at 8:31 AM, Matt from A700 said:

Another high scoring game, but our defense makes more plays to keep our offense in it. Trevor Moore kicks a game winning FG in front of 9,000 fans.

Mean Green 44

How Many Licks Does It Take To Get To The Center Of A Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop 42

I was in total agreement until you predicted 9,000 fans.  I go with 4,500  

Mean Green 56

FAU 46

and yes the hurricanes are completely influencing this accurate pick.  Driving to boca requires a stop in the Quarter and could this piano bar be crawling with Mean Green fans in a couple of weeks?  Who’s knows, but this weekend beat FAU!

great season for both the east and west champions.  Let’s have some fun in the sun. 

GMG