Framing idea

oldguystudent

Without doing it on purpose, I kept a ticket from each home game this season.  I was thinking it might be a nice idea to do a framing job with all the tickets, and the game score listed under each one, something along the lines of "2017 Perfect at Home" across the top.  I suppose endeavoring in something like this would cost at least a forearm if not an entire limb, but if one were to pursue such a thing, where might one do it?  

Season tickets to all six 2017 North Texas home games - $210

Tailgating with at Apogee with friends, fans, and family - Hard to price fun and memories.

Wtinessing an undefeated UNT team at home - Hard to put a price on the excitement.

Professionally framing all six tickets for an undefeated North Texas home football season - PRICELESS!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Without doing it on purpose, I kept a ticket from each home game this season.  I was thinking it might be a nice idea to do a framing job with all the tickets, and the game score listed under each one, something along the lines of "2017 Perfect at Home" across the top.  I suppose endeavoring in something like this would cost at least a forearm if not an entire limb, but if one were to pursue such a thing, where might one do it?  

Others have mentioned Michael's. I think Hobby Lobby does it?

You could also grab a frame, xacto knife, and a couple photo mattes from Walmart (or anywhere). Less than $30 I would guess. 

16 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I did something similar for the 2009-10 basketball season. That's the year we made the NCAA's with Tramiel and Odufuwa, and I went to 24 of our 33 games. 

Left side of the frame is all the regular season stubs, middle is the schedule poster, right side is the postseason stubs under the DRC sports section front page from the SBC Tournament Championship final when we beat Troy and clinched the NCAA berth. It's a little over 3 feet wide, and it's been hanging in our house for 7 years now. 

I thought about getting it professionally done, but a custom framing job is skilled work, and you'll pay a premium for it. For what I wanted, I took a chance (luckily, had two of everything in case I screwed it up or didn't like it) and wound up very happy with it. Happy enough that I've done something similar for 3 other keepsakes that are decorating my house since then, each a little more complicated than the last. 

My suggestion, unless this is something like a degree or a bridal portrait that you absolutely feel is worth the money for a custom frame... Go to Michael's, find a 2'x3' frame (or whatever, depending on what you want to lay in there) that you should be able to find for $40 or cheaper, especially this time of the year. Something like this:

http://www.michaels.com/black-hampton-home-collection-frame-studio-decor/M10382886.html?dwvar_M10382886_color=Black

Get a piece of posterboard (you can use fabric, but it's more likely to slip or come loose over time) in the color you want, presumably kelly or hunter green, and cut it to fit the backing piece of the frame. If you're a little off... No problem, because it's inset and you won't see the edges of the backing since they're beyond the visible interior edge of the frame. Use double-stick tape to position everything where you want it, and you should be all good. 

With Photobucket down, I don't have an example to show you... If you want to see how it turned out for me, I can text you some photos. PM me your number to make sure I still have it right, and I'll show you what you can do on your own for $25-40 or less. A custom job is going to be a lot more, so if price is an issue (or not worthwhile enough to justify the cost), you can probably do it yourself. I'm not handy or crafty at all, and I've made it work nicely several times now. Even if you're anxious about it, if you're still in or near Lewisville, you can just bring everything over to our house and I'll help you out with it. 

On 11/27/2017 at 9:02 AM, Aldo said:

Others have mentioned Michael's. I think Hobby Lobby does it?

You could also grab a frame, xacto knife, and a couple photo mattes from Walmart (or anywhere). Less than $30 I would guess. 

Hobby Lobby does. They framed my battleflag. Went during a sale. $300 and something. It's big too. They did a great job.