2017 Coaching Carousel

Coach Bill Lewis

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Someone has to be trolling you.

Kevin Steele went 9–36 at Baylor,  that is damn near Todd Dodge's record (6-37).  UT fans would rather burn down Neyland than hire Kevin Steele.

Okay well I was listening to Nashville sports radio and they said Steele was the guy they expect to be given the job

10 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

This has to be you trolling.  This cannot be true.  If KEVIN STEELE ends up as the HC at UT then the smoky mountains will be smoky from fires in Knoxville.  

This would be the most destructive thing to hit Tennessee since Gen. George Thomas.

No, @Mean_Green09 is right. Here's something from RockyTopTalk about it. 

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2017/11/29/16713868/college-football-tennessee-may-pursue-steele-morris-next-coaching-search

Here's another on Steele to UT from AL.com

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/auburn_defensive_coordinator_k_6.html

EDIT -

And somethings you just can't make up. Fans at a WWE match were screaming "Fire Currie." That's got to beat flying a banner! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/11/28/with-rocky-tops-best-days-in-the-past-tennessee-hits-rock-bottom-in-coaching-search/?utm_term=.6aaaef1ecdc7

Edited by VideoEagle

LOL Wonder if Currie got canned because of the whole schiano thing.. Currie from what i have seen signed a memo to a contract (but yet he is not allowed to do so without the signature from the UT Chancellor), Wonder if Schiano were going to sue him directly for damages and misrepresentation and UT thought it was best to separate now before they potentially get dug into this. 

Also, is Schiano back as DC at OSU? 

Edited by BTG_Fan1

9 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

LOL Wonder if Currie got canned because of the whole schiano thing.. Currie from what i have seen signed a memo to a contract (but yet he is not allowed to do so without the signature from the UT Chancellor), Wonder if Schiano were going to sue him directly for damages and misrepresentation and UT thought it was best to separate now before they potentially get dug into this. 

Also, is Schiano back as DC at OSU? 

Currie got canned bc Fulmer wants that job. The Schiano thing is going to cost UT like 20 million. Currie had Schiano, Brohm, and Leach ready to be hired, but somehow each time it got nixed. 

Yeah Schiano is back as DC. 

6 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Fisher to TAMU is official

Yep, resigns immediately. Will not coach the regular season finale or bowl game. 

Hearing 7.5 million per year and a 10-year contract. TEN YEAR contract. Texas AM is dumb as a box of rocks. Want to get someone to not work hard and strive for greatness? Get a retread coach and give him a 40 or 50 million dollar buyout. 

Kind of a side not, but I have been against paying players since the beginning. Now, considering the rise in coaching contracts and gaudy overpriced facility upgrades...I say pay the players and pay all of them. Bring in contracts, agents, endorsements, etc. and drain these money grubbing financially arrogant universities for as many dimes as one can.   

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yep, resigns immediately. Will not coach the regular season finale or bowl game. 

Hearing 7.5 million per year and a 10-year contract. TEN YEAR contract. Texas AM is dumb as a box of rocks. Want to get someone to not work hard and strive for greatness? Get a retread coach and give him a 40 or 50 million dollar buyout. 

Kind of a side not, but I have been against paying players since the beginning. Now, considering the rise in coaching contracts and gaudy overpriced facility upgrades...I say pay the players and pay all of them. Bring in contracts, agents, endorsements, etc. and drain these money grubbing financially arrogant universities for as many dimes as one can.   

Too late for Louisville, So Cal, Ok State, Auburn, Arizona, South Carolina, Alabama, and Miami ... I suppose.

• Downvote 1

Phillip Fulmer? Wow. The Alabama whistle blower returns. I had no idea the dude still had clout at UT. I thought he was run out of Knoxville via torches & pitchforks...

Tell Deondre Francois we’ll take him at UNT. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1