****OFFICIAL UNT VS. RICE GAME THREAD****

Harry

14 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Seems it was reviewed and still not correct.

Yeah. All angles I saw made it clear Tulane scored. Too late for football justice but the people who called that should feel the heat. That was just not right!

three_blind_mice_hb.gif

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Haha 3

Defense played great to not give up more than 14.

Concerned about only scoring 30 (I know that's probably the first time anyone in this fanbase has ever been able to say that). I know Wilson is down but even as a freshman, Smith is a perfectly competent runningback and you saw that today as he ran for 178.

I know Guyton is down, but if I remember correctly he hasn't had a big game since UTSA.

We need to finish those should-be scoring drives, instead of throwing picks. I love Mason Fine, but he needs to get rid of the ball instead of take sacks.

Was hoping for more from the offense to give me a little more confidence heading into the FAU rematch.

Nevertheless, the Mean Green have officially outdone my "outlandish" 8-4 prediction from the start of the season and I'm so excited to see all of the progress this program has made!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Defense played great to not give up more than 14.

Concerned about only scoring 30 (I know that's probably the first time anyone in this fanbase has ever been able to say that). I know Wilson is down but even as a freshman, Smith is a perfectly competent runningback and you saw that today as he ran for 178.

I know Guyton is down, but if I remember correctly he hasn't had a big game since UTSA.

We need to finish those should-be scoring drives, instead of throwing picks. I love Mason Fine, but he needs to get rid of the ball instead of take sacks.

Was hoping for more from the offense to give me a little more confidence heading into the FAU rematch.

Nevertheless, the Mean Green have officially outdone my "outlandish" 8-4 prediction from the start of the season and I'm so excited to see all of the progress this program has made!

Actually, defense gave up 7

And how nice is it to be saying "we didn't win our 9th game of the year  in convincing enough fashion"?  I hope everyone understands that we were purposefully vanilla to show FAU   nothing on film.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Lovely Take 2

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Actually, defense gave up 7

And how nice is it to be saying "we didn't win our 9th game of the year  in convincing enough fashion"?  I hope everyone understands that we were purposefully vanilla to show FAU   nothing on film.

Right, I meant just 14 points on the scoreboard. Just like the defense did not give up all 38 points ODU scored on us. I just didn't want this to be a 31 or 38-24 score making the defense look worse than they actually are.

I'll buy you a vanilla shake if we beat FAU next week, then.

3 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Right, I meant just 14 points on the scoreboard. Just like the defense did not give up all 38 points ODU scored on us. I just didn't want this to be a 31 or 38-24 score making the defense look worse than they actually are.

I'll buy you a vanilla shake if we beat FAU next week, then.

Deal

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I think we had one more off-focus/out-of-sync game coming, and I'm glad we got it out of the way now instead of one of the next two games.

My personal impression as I listened to the game was that we were building momentum and executing until the unfortunate injury to the Rice runner. After that we seemed to go flat, continuing on into the last two quarters. The D won this one.

• Lovely Take 1

I know the D didn’t give up many points but a lot of that was Rice just being a bad unit.  Our defense doesn’t impose a thing right now. We catch blocks and our run force is super soft.  FAU will run the ball down our throats if we don’t get more physical..which at this point in the yr is a silly idea.  We are a 9 win team so I’m very proud but it has been in spite of a LOT of defensive issues.  

• Thanks 1