Seems like Seth is not on Tech's Radar

Green Crazy

32 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

My buddy from tech sent me this.  It was posted on their board.

8848.jpeg.e69347ba91cf6be6a3371588159a11cd.jpeg

Man GC you just made my Dad's day.  He is a huge MG fan but also adores Leach and his offense and stays up late watching his West Coast games.  He has been preaching this Leach to Tech thing to me for weeks.  Evidently Tech screwed leach out of a bonus that he would want paid in full before he would come back to Tech so there is still some bad blood on that. 

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

My buddy that went to Tech said the opposite and said they are really talking up Littrell and Neal Brown from Troy.

Those are getting thrown around for sure, but the money is behind Leach. Money usually wins. The two players that are referred to in the letter were pushing to bring Kliff back and I guess have had a change of heart.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Man GC you just made my Dad's day.  He is a huge MG fan but also adores Leach and his offense and stays up late watching his West Coast games.  He has been preaching this Leach to Tech thing to me for weeks.  Evidently Tech screwed leach out of a bonus that he would want paid in full before he would come back to Tech so there is still some bad blood on that. 

Indeed.  My friend jokingly says this is an elaborate prank by Leach to stick it to Tech somehow. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think Leach would actually come back to a Texas team because of his concerns with Texas' Sovereign Immunity laws:

Mr. Leach, who is now coaching at Washington State, can sue Texas and Texas Tech only if he can get permission from the Legislature. He tried and failed to do that in 2011, but he could try again during next year’s legislative session. He challenged Tech’s immunity in the Texas Supreme Court, which denied his appeal, agreeing with a lower court that sided with the university. The courts didn’t rule on the facts of the case — whether the firing was righteous or the contract was breached — but on whether Mr. Leach could sue the state without its permission.

---

“So, while [the state of Texas] must perform and, like any other party to a contract, is responsible for its failure to do so, it cannot be sued for damages without its permission if it opts to forgo performance. In other situations, the converse is also true; the State may grant someone permission to sue it but retain its insulation from being forced to pay. The logic behind that circumstance is not ours to debate for that is the law as declared by our Supreme Court.”

Also I have heard that within the Texas Tech AD they have been told that KK is getting another year.  I guess if 1) Leach would set aside his Sovereign Immunity concerns, and 2) donors raised enough money against the AD's wishes, that Leach could come back.  

I don't know if either of those is very likely.  

My fear is that for many of these folks who want Leach back, if they can't get him, the next best thing is SL. That said I can see Leach coming back if the donors really step up on his behalf. His particular world view fits kind of better to Lubbok than to the State of Washington (although WSU is not a bad place for him I guess). Also WSU has just as clear a ceiling as Tech ever had. I guess it is not with the universities Fans and (most) former players he has a gripe with. Did Tech change its AD and President since he left?

Edited by outoftown
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Tech blew it forever with Leach and they are paying the price. Kingsbury failed miserably, so they’ll go after someone with some skins on the wall. Neal Brown has been around for a long time as a great OC and has done a fine job at Troy. He makes a lot of sense as Tech’s choice.

I don't think Kingsbury failed miserably, and I think Tech is actually going to keep him around. i dont get it, but it seems like they aren't in a big hurry to try and find someone new

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Kingsbury failed miserably, 

Can we stop this bull sh*t.  Texas Tech at its best is middle of the pack Big 12.  That's what Coach Bro has given them, the only difference is, the whole conference is down so it show more.

Leach over achieved at Texas Tech with a gimmick offense, but Texas Tech has never been anything special.  Folks from West Texas just don't know any better, because they never had anything better.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, shaft said:

Can we stop this bull sh*t.  Texas Tech at its best is middle of the pack Big 12.  That's what Coach Bro has given them, the only difference is, the whole conference is down so it show more.

Leach over achieved at Texas Tech with a gimmick offense, but Texas Tech has never been anything special.  Folks from West Texas just don't know any better, because they never had anything better.

Dude, they used to be a regular bowl team. Now, that’s not even a guarantee anymore.

Tech wanted him to be like Leach, results wise. After one year of being on the job with Tuberville’s recruits, and winning their bowl game, Tech’s leadership prematurely extended him for 7 more years and raised his pay to $3-+ million per year. Unfortunately, he’s been a failure of gigantic proportion for the money they pay. To not see this tells me all I need to know about your understanding of their situation.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Board/102951/Contents/POLL-Who-Do-You-Want-as-Coach-Next-Season-110850225

Littrell is definitely on the Techs fans radar (it may not mean much to the AD, but thats another story), even though maybe not in first place. I think we also shouldn't discount the possibility that Kingsburys buyout and the carousel situation actually keeps coach Bro in Lubbok for another year.

That said if you want to see a thread where Red Raider fans are starting to hone in on Littrell: https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Board/102951/Contents/Your-shortlist-for-next-HC-110730898

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tech received an SWC invite in 1956.  Fry's UNT Assoc. AD DeWitt Weaver I believe was the TT HFC in 1956.  I cannot remember the last time the Red Raiders actually won a conference championship (outright) in football.  They did tie for an SWC football championship one season. 

Texas Tech put one entire side of  (then) Jones Stadium on railroad ties to move it closer to the field.  That was considered quite an engineering feat of that era. 

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 2

True, fans might want Litrell.  But Tech’s AD makes the decisions.   It’s not a forgone conclusion that KK is as good as gone.   Tech might very well sit him down at the end of the season and say “ Kliff, we believe in you, and want this to work.  So we’re gonna give you one more year to prove yourself.  But, we need you to immediately release and replace  your Defensive Coordinator, etc”.  And they will likely tell him, he’s got to win his first 6 games, period, or he’s gone.