Where To Eat After The Rice Game?

FirefightnRick

If you have time and are looking for some of the very best Italian food in Houston, go to Frenchy's off of NASA I.  It's out of the way, it's a little pricey to pricey, but well worth the trip and the money.  Home restaurant to many of our Nation's Astronauts (pictures a plenty).  The owner is Italian (my people!).  You will probably need reservations so call now.

18 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

What are you looking for?   There are a ton of good steak houses, or you can just go to Torchy's for some good tacos.  

If you're talking about Torchy's Tacos, you can enjoy that in Dallas without having to use a Houston trip to eat there (maybe even Fort Worth?) Just FYI. Great place though and I highly recommend it.

8 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

If you have time and are looking for some of the very best Italian food in Houston, go to Frenchy's off of NASA I.  It's out of the way, it's a little pricey to pricey, but well worth the trip and the money.  Home restaurant to many of our Nation's Astronauts (pictures a plenty).  The owner is Italian (my people!).  You will probably need reservations so call now.

also check out Kraut's for good sushi...Aussie Steve's for traditional Ethiopean cuisine...and it's a bit pricy, but if you're looking for experimental French cooking, I recommend the Guinea Pig

• Upvote 1

*cracks knuckles*

Oishii for Sushi/Japanese

BB’s for cheap Cajun

Bubba’s Burger Shack for Hamburgers

Teotihuican for Tex-Mex

Barnaby’s or Hobbit Cafe for American

Les Givral for Vietnamese.

Tacos depends on how adventurous you want to get as far as neighborhood. If you’re feeling adventurous stop at Taconazo. If not, stop at Tacos A Go-Go. Don’t go to Torchy’s. There are hundreds of amazing authentic taco joints.

If you want bars I can name even more.

All of these spots are within 10-15 minutes of Rice. I used to live in Montrose and worked in the industry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Try Ibiza. My uncle is the owner/chef there and they have some excellent food. The octopus is outstanding.

https://www.ibizafoodandwinebar.com/ 

EDIT: I just read where you said "probably nothing expensive." He has a less expensive restaurant with some great southern food too (also, it's only a 9-minute, 0.5 mile walk from Rice Stadium):

https://www.punkssimplesouthernfood.com/

Edited by Joshdude182
  • Upvote 2

This is a tough question because if Houston is anything, its an incredible food city.  I will hold off on making a list without knowing any prerequisites.  With that said the game is a short walk away from Rice Village which has every kind of restaurant and bar you could want.  So if you want to keep it simple spend your post game there and you will take driving out of the equation. (we are also famous for traffic)

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joshdude182 said:

Try Ibiza. My uncle is the owner/chef there and they have some excellent food. The octopus is outstanding.

https://www.ibizafoodandwinebar.com/ 

EDIT: I just read where you said "probably nothing expensive." He has a less expensive restaurant with some great southern food too (also, it's only a 9-minute, 0.5 mile walk from Rice Stadium):

https://www.punkssimplesouthernfood.com/

love Ibiza but don't go nearly enough.

I live fairly close to Punks so we go there quite often.  I have a love-hate relationship with the place.  Outside of the fried chicken I think the food is pretty poor.  But, the fried chicken is terrific and they have a great outdoor area to let the kids run around while you relax and have a beer or glass of wine.  

• Upvote 1

Ginger man sounds fun.  We usually hit Buffalo Wild Wings for more beer cheese curds and football.  There will be a lot of games left!  (I think that buffalo is in rice village) 

Beat Rice

Go Mean Green!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Goode Company BBQ is just up Kirby, if you're in the mood for it.

House of Pies - good idea

Gingerman - yes, for a post-game beer

Not so unique anymore, but Freebirds is also nearby

Ragin Cajun, on Richmond, is on the way back to the Galleria area.  They actually have some ULL memorabilia there, but more LSU (go figure).

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 1

I don’t want to make any  recommendations considering how incredible the food scene is in this city.  It really comes down to what you are looking for.  With that said, this article has a lot of good suggestions that I endorse.  https://houston.eater.com/maps/best-houston-restaurants-38

• Upvote 1

H-Towners, Sonny Looks Sirloin still open?  

Make the short drive  to Galveston & eat at Guidos off the sea wall near Stewart Beach--I know it's still in business.

Is Bill Bennetts still open  or am I really showing some extra crow's feet by asking?🤔🙄(We'd go there after some UH Coog games in the Astrodome but that's been awhile back, of course). Used to be a BB's in Rosenberg where our HS football team ate many post/game meals for out of town games. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/22/2017 at 2:28 PM, HoustonEagle said:

love Ibiza but don't go nearly enough.

I live fairly close to Punks so we go there quite often.  I have a love-hate relationship with the place.  Outside of the fried chicken I think the food is pretty poor.  But, the fried chicken is terrific and they have a great outdoor area to let the kids run around while you relax and have a beer or glass of wine.  

To each his own. I love everything I've eaten at both Punk's and Ibiza, but I'm biased so I'll admit my opinion isn't 100% objective.