MGN: on Beat Writers and SL's time

aztecskin

F

9 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

They told him sure you can walk on and be on the team.  If we did that with ANY other kid you'd fondness some reason to complain about it.  To each their own.  

Number one, I never complain about any preferred walk on. Number two, I surely wouldn’t complain about a preferred walk on that was an all-dfw area 3rd teamer, one of the most talent rich areas in the United States. I mean, they aren’t costing a scholarship, remember? 

But yet you apparently don’t want that kid as a walk on option? Lol. Just a shill for this regime.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 5

9 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You haven’t been here long. Maybe you are unfamiliar with board history and maybe program history? I don’t know. But here is the thing, on this board, if you have a legitimate question about anything having to do with this program, you are immediately and viciously attacked. I mean just about MFed, and without consequences from any moderator. Just look at the beating poor Ben has taken since my departure. Simply for expressing an alternate opinion.

This board, it’s mods and owner only want one opinion expressed. And that opinion better not question anything about the current regime. That’s the same position this board held for the previous regime for a very long time. And look at the consequences. 

Diverse opinion is good. Too bad it’s not allowed here.  

Oh, and just because I question recruiting, and I do, doesn’t mean I’m unhappy about this year’s performance. Obviously I’m not. But this performance is not sustainable going forward without better recruiting. It’s a single issue argument. 

And Adios Mofo is a permanent sign off, just a way to poke the mofo bears. 

I’ve been to most games and all bowl games since 2001.  I’m assuming that you think the board only wants positive opinions...in general, yes I’m sure they’d love for the overall culture to be positive.  That’s seems to make sense to me.  I have also seen plenty of people disagree with Dickey, Dodge, Mac, and RV that has been allowed and also contributed to by many members on this board.  I certainly worry about recruiting as well, especially on the defensive side of the ball, as I was entering the season.  It’s also possible to be wrong.  I highly doubt you (or myself)  believed we would be 8-3 at this point in the year, yet here we are.  Recruiting rankings tell us we shouldn’t be here, yet Seth’s history tells us his offenses take off in year two.  So far his scheme, development and evaluation of talent has gotten us ahead of the averages a bit, and hopefully can turn the tide in recruiting.  I just think it’s possible to disagree and be less decisive.  I haven’t seen too many won over to the “this won’t last because recruiting sucks” side.  In general people don’t tend to agree with someone when their being told they’re dumb.  Hence why we’ve had basically the same ongoing debate over and over in various formats over the last few years.  

“Is” permanent?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Like I said, we will see in a couple of years. But ya, UNT should never extend a preferred walkon offer to someone Tech deems valuable is the same, right? 

No one is talking about a scholly but you, because you are on the wrong end of this argument and know it. If this kid had played for you, you would have called UNT and you would have been pissed that they didn’t return your call. 

But go ahead and score internet points by downgrading an 18 year old at a P5 program. I mean... you win?

I see you making this point again and again and I don't understand why. Texas Tech is a p5 conference, sure, but they are thinking about firing the coach and the defense -- the side of the ball your friend's kid plays on -- is a large part of the reason why. 

So when you say "Tech wanted him and thought he was good" I hear "this terrible defense on this 5-6 team thought he would be okay as a roster-filler" and that doesn't move the needle much for me. 

The other part of this is that SL and company have parted ways with actual, real life contributors for "fit" reasons and so that tells me their evaluation goes beyond simply physical tools -- another thing I see you recite often. That is to say, if they passed on the kid I am sure they had reason. 

The final part of your bone to pick with Littrell's staff is that he didn't have the courtesy to return a phone call. 

We don't know SL intimately and we do not have a full report of his interactions with the coaches. So you are asking us to believe you, a guy who is rapidly losing whatever good online reputation he had, as you report -- second hand! -- the phone call habits of SL. 

It very well could be that the Littrell staff ignore the coaches and totally stiffed them. You have to understand how wildly unbelievable that sound to me, and anyone remotely familiar with how this whole thing works. I have to believe there is likely something beyond what you are telling me -- either you don't have the full story or are misrepresenting willfully or mistakenly. 

I have got to say that either way I do not care and I would like you to stop talking about it. If it really and truly is SL is an a-hole that cares so little about building relationships that he could not tell the staff that this kid was just not going to cut it -- a simple thing -- then we will find out when everything all breaks down. Right now? Well, there is a CUSA title game to play for. If it is just Mac 2.0, let us not forget that we had at least one good year of Mac and I intend to fully enjoy this year because we never know what is around  the corner. 

Thaaaaaaaanks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. The fact that you think I’m “slamming the staff” is quite comical. I actually complimented them for realizing very early the potential that Fine has. 

If I cared to dig, I could probably find the local paper article that described Fine’s recruitment, but I don’t. You can keep on believing that the first thing Littrell did when he got here is say to himself “gee, I gotta go to Oklahoma and get that kid that zero other FBS schools have offered.” I mean, that’s so much more likely, right?

Why the dumbest fanbase in college football can’t get that everything Littrell (or any staff) does isn’t perfect never ceases to amaze. Guess what, he isn’t perfect, and his recruiting has been far from it. If that doesn’t get better, this will be Mac 2.0. 

Now, go ahead, do what the dumbest fanbase in America does and kill the messenger. 

Things slow on the TCU board, Summer?

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

UNT refused to make a phone call to him to make an offer. Even after being contacted by his coaches. 3rd team all-area. 6’4” 285lbs of rock solid muscle. 

But, ya. Who needs that?

He didn't have any FBS offers as I recall.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

And you keep that head firmly n the sand. I mean, that’s what we do around here, right?

Im as happy as anyone about this season, but it’s unsustainable unless recruiting improves dramatically. And that recruiting is what will keep Seth from P5 offers.

Abd hey, that may change this February. But until it does, it hasn’t. If it does, much like Fine, I’ll change my tune.

My days of being a rah rah boy and ignoring warning bells ended in 2015. Keep your eyes open, 

Well how were we even successful this season?  You've bitched about recruiting forever, in fact, we are winning with kids that were parts of classes that you ripped.  You are wrong, but you can't stand to hear that and would never admit it.  Go Frogs!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

1.  I get it. You get close to people and lose objectivity. 

2.  Adios, Mofos!!

1.  Still using this whenever someone doesn't side with you?  You are just so predictable.

2.  Promise!?  Oh please be a man of your word, once.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

F

Number one, I never complain about any preferred walk on. Number two, I surely wouldn’t complain about a preferred walk on that was an all-dfw area 3rd teamer, one of the most talent rich areas in the United States. I mean, they aren’t costing a scholarship, remember? 

But yet you apparently don’t want that kid as a walk on option? Lol. Just a shill for this regime.

You still haven't come to grips with it.  Being in one of the most talent rich areas in the United States doesn't make him a good player.  It just means he lives in a good area.  Again, hkw many FBS offers did he have?  How was he rated by the recruiting services?  I get it.  You get close to people and lose objectivity.  

If he is as big as you state, he didn't get there naturally.

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

This board, it’s mods and owner only want one opinion expressed. And that opinion better not question anything about the current regime. That’s the same position this board held for the previous regime for a very long time. And look at the consequences. 

Shit Mike what the hell are you talking about?  Its kind of funny given who the Mods are? I did not see any of the Mods liking the previous regime,  There might have been some that felt the horse was beat so much that there was not a horse, hamburger meat left to beat, and most Mods even agree with you.  Don't point fingers at everyone . I do like your vigilance keep us from repeating anything that RV and previous administrations did. There are some good things happening and I am getting in a much more positive Mean Green Mood, I need to be out of the negativity for a bit and enjoy this ride that I believe will just get better for the next two years. 

A couple more might need to go in the AD and Recruiting needs to be better I agree. Happy? 

I do know 90 is not alone in the guys that have been here a long time, there is a negativity either in the  front if not the back of everybody's mind that that UNT is a split second away from the next opportunity to shoot ourselves in the foot again or to return to "little ole North Texas" and we will except excuses and bad results. 

I'm really tired of all the name calling.  Everyone take this as a final warning.  Any more name calling, such as calling someone "blockheaded", "idiotic", "dumbest board" etc etc is going to catch at minimum a two week ban.

If someone insults you, hit the report button.  Do not insult back, because I will come in and hand out bans to both sides.  

13 hours ago, UNT90 said:

@UNT90, @KingDL1 is spot on with his comments.  Your post above is complete horse$hit and you know it. 

If we don't allow diverse opinions then why the hell are you still able to post on here?  Lord knows, you take shots at me, our moderators and our members every single chance you get.

I get that we may have whiffed on a high potential PWO and I do understand your frustration about that but guess what, such is life in the big city.  It happens.  Let it go man, let it go.