MGN: on Beat Writers and SL's time

aztecskin

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

Eh.

1. His ties to the Locuat Grove guy got him the call which is valuableand part of the package when looking up a HC — his ties. I’ll take this kind of luck any day. 

2. This kid you keep pushing — why didn’t he walk on at NT? 

UNT refused to make a phone call to him to make an offer. Even after being contacted by his coaches. 3rd team all-area. 6’4” 285lbs of rock solid muscle. 

But, ya. Who needs that?

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

UNT refused to make a phone call to him to make an offer. Even after being contacted by his coaches. 3rd team all-area. 6’4” 285lbs of rock solid muscle. 

But, ya. Who needs that?

Umm obviously no FBS school willing to spend a scholly?? Come on man, give it up.  No one thought the kid could play at this level.  It is what it is.  I'm curious what Baylor freshman is playing that UNT didn't even look at? 

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Why the dumbest fanbase in college football can’t get that everything Littrell (or any staff) does isn’t perfect never ceases to amaze. Guess what, he isn’t perfect, and his recruiting has been far from it. If that doesn’t get better, this will be Mac 2.0. 

WTH are you even talking about. Are you just griping to gripe?? We are 8-3 and playing for a conference championship... With over 50% of the two deep guys littrell as brought in. And 75% underclassmen. As far as your buddies friend and your source is concerned the staff went to SLC. I'm sorry they didn't offer your friends kid. Move on. I understand this is a hard time for as much dirt as you tried to throw on the Seth hiring as we are a week away from conference championship game and your boy Fritz is looking like he won't even make a bowl... But stay sour my friend!! 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Umm obviously no FBS school willing to spend a scholly?? Come on man, give it up.  No one thought the kid could play at this level.  It is what it is.  I'm curious what Baylor freshman is playing that UNT didn't even look at? 

Like I said, we will see in a couple of years. But ya, UNT should never extend a preferred walkon offer to someone Tech deems valuable is the same, right? 

No one is talking about a scholly but you, because you are on the wrong end of this argument and know it. If this kid had played for you, you would have called UNT and you would have been pissed that they didn’t return your call. 

But go ahead and score internet points by downgrading an 18 year old at a P5 program. I mean... you win?

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

But, ya. Who needs that?

6'4 285 and stiff as a board. Staff liked Novil and Krasniqi. Didn't have a PWO spot and weren't crazy about the kid. Why waste his time and call??? Utep is 0-11 and they didn't even offer... 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

WTH are you even talking about. Are you just griping to gripe?? We are 8-3 and playing for a conference championship... With over 50% of the two deep guys littrell as brought in. And 75% underclassmen. As far as your buddies friend and your source is concerned the staff went to SLC. I'm sorry they didn't offer your friends kid. Move on. I understand this is a hard time for as much dirt as you tried to throw on the Seth hiring as we are a week away from conference championship game and your boy Fritz is looking like he won't even make a bowl... But stay sour my friend!! 

And you keep that head firmly n the sand. I mean, that’s what we do around here, right?

Im as happy as anyone about this season, but it’s unsustainable unless recruiting improves dramatically. And that recruiting is what will keep Seth from P5 offers.

Abd hey, that may change this February. But until it does, it hasn’t. If it does, much like Fine, I’ll change my tune.

My days of being a rah rah boy and ignoring warning bells ended in 2015. Keep your eyes open, 

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 5

12 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

6'4 285 and stiff as a board. Staff liked Novil and Krasniqi. Didn't have a PWO spot and weren't crazy about the kid. Why waste his time and call??? Utep is 0-11 and they didn't even offer... 

You have no idea the backstory on the kid, and you wouldn’t care if I told you because you will shill for this staff on every subject. Just the way it be.

But go ahead and berate a 18 year old kid at a P5 because the great you believes in this staff and EVERY decision they make.. 

Here is a little future telling for you. If recruiting doesn’t pick up in the next two years, this board will turn viciously on this staff the year after Fine graduates. Why the year after Fine graduates? Because with Fine as QB, this team will contend in CUSA every year. Without Fine or a comparable QB, UNT is sitting at maybe 3 wins right now. That’s how important QBs are in this conference. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

And you keep that head firmly n the sand. I mean, that’s what we do around here, right?

Im as happy as anyone about this season, but it’s unsustainable unless recruiting improves dramatically. And that recruiting is what will keep Seth from P5 offers.

Abd hey, that may change this February. But until it does, it hasn’t. If it does, much like Fine, I’ll change my tune.

My days of being a rah rah boy and ignoring practice bells ended in 2015. Keep your eyes open, 

yeah my friends sosaia, mayfield, colton, rico, michael, jaelon, nic, hambone, EJ, Dee, Kemon, Khairi, Makyle, Cam, Evan, Tony, Dion and Mason all disagree with you.

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You have no idea the backstory on the kid, and you wouldn’t care if I told you because you will shill for this staff on every subject. Just the way it be.

But go ahead and berate a 18 year old kid at a P5 because the great you believes in this staff and EVERY decision they make.. 

so of the 150,000 kids in Texas playing football the staff should check measurable and find the best back stories and not evaluate talent. Got it!! Tech has be dominating under coach Bro especially on defense..Hit me up when he hits the field in Lubbock!! i will eat grow unlike you are willing to do with the seth Hiring!!!!

seth.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

yeah my friends sosaia, mayfield, colton, rico, michael, jaelon, nic, hambone, EJ, Dee, Kemon, Khairi, Makyle, Cam, Evan, Tony, Dion and Mason all disagree with you.

so of the 150,000 kids in Texas playing football the staff should check measurable and find the best back stories and not evaluate talent. Got it!! Tech has be dominating under coach Bro especially on defense..Hit me up when he hits the field in Lubbock!! i will eat grow unlike you are willing to do with the seth Hiring!!!!

seth.jpg

No, but when they are told by multiple sources that a 3rd team all-DFW area, unanimous all district DT with FBS measurable WANTS to come to their school AND CAN BE HAD FOR A PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER, they should return the call. They didn’t have to look, they were TOLD. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Can you get that through that thick Littrell loving skull of yours? 

I read Billy’s recruiting evals because he is honest, if at times a bit too PC for my liking. Yours I find unrealiable because you find zero fault in anything this staff does. Hell, you have an excuse for every decomitt ever. I have no doubt whatever Littrell’s staff produces; you will grade it an A. 

I get it. You get close to people and lose objectivity. 

The fact that you can’t simply admit this was a mistake by this staff says a lot. 

Adios, Mofos!!

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 7

44 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

But, ya. Who needs that?

YOU said it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

42 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Like I said, we will see in a couple of years. But ya, UNT should never extend a preferred walkon offer to someone Tech deems valuable is the same, right? 

No one is talking about a scholly but you, because you are on the wrong end of this argument and know it. If this kid had played for you, you would have called UNT and you would have been pissed that they didn’t return your call. 

But go ahead and score internet points by downgrading an 18 year old at a P5 program. I mean... you win?

You already know I thought he could play here, the staff felt otherwise and it is what it is.  Recruiting world is a harsh reality of life.  I’ve sent PLENTY of kids to Filani, Harrell, Stenklyft to either see nothing come of it or them say thanks.  It is what it is.  Let’s not act like I’m over here dogging a kid.  He has an opportunity that I would never have and I’m happy for him.  

16 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

No, but when they are told by multiple sources that a 3rd team all-DFW area, unanimous all district DT with FBS measurable WANTS to come to their school AND CAN BE HAD FOR A PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER, they should return the call. They didn’t have to look, they were TOLD. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

The fact that you can’t simply admit this was a mistake by this staff says a lot. 

Adios, Mofos!!

You do understand that there are 1st team all dfw area kids that dont go D1 right??? I love how you keep going back and editing your post after the fact to make it sound better haha!

You have so much pull at TCU with your season tickets and all why not get the kid a PWO at the best defensive school in Big 12 instead of the worst!!!

7 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

You do understand that there are 1st team all dfw area kids that dont go D1 right??? I love how you keep going back and editing your post after the fact to make it sound better haha!

You have so much pull at TCU with your season tickets and all why not get the kid a PWO at the best defensive school in Big 12 instead of the worst!!!

I think all UNT90 is saying is that we have no right to thumb our nose at defensive players that may be able to contribute. We need any and all help we can get on defense. We need to stick guys in the same jersey and roll them out on the defensive line if that's what it takes. 

• Downvote 3

Just now, outoftown said:

UNT is 8-3. And there is so much angst here.

Now UNT really does need to recruit better defensive front seven or it could really come back to bite us/SL... but I would have thought the tone would be more civil at this point of this kind of season.

It's the typical people attacking people because X people aren't dangling from the coaching staffs nutsack.You know, the usual shit. 

• Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I think all UNT90 is saying is that we have no right to thumb our nose at defensive players that may be able to contribute. We need any and all help we can get on defense. We need to stick guys in the same jersey and roll them out on the defensive line if that's what it takes. 

if the Team doesn't have a scholly or a PWO spot available what are they supposed to?? call every kid interested in the program and say hey we cant take you?? we took 3 defensive lineman last class. class had all three ranked higher. 

7 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's the typical people attacking people because X people aren't dangling from the coaching staffs nutsack.You know, the usual shit. 

if this is directed at me i believe you are mistaking. no one has to dangle off the coaches nutsack but griping about one kid who got one d1 pwo is ridiculous. if me or @GMG24 or any one on here got our panties in a wad everytime we send a 1st team all district kid to the staff and they didnt offer it would be retarted..

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Im as happy as anyone about this season, 

So, I don’t post here as much as many of you, but have been coming back more with the great season and the tone of this board improving.  You may be happy, but man, it’s awfully hard to believe you are as happy as anyone.  Word’s tend to reflect feelings and most words you use to describe UNT are not synonymous with happiness. 

49 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Adios, Mofos!!

Again, in my little time here, I’ve heard this multiple times.  How many times can you say the same thing and expect people to still believe you?

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

You really are as dilusional as I thought. Who is hanging from who’s nutsack? Seems like you like to follow a few particular posters around and try to offer some lame rebuttal only to be shown that in fact, you don’t know as much as you think you do about football.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

YOU said it. 

Ya, PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER!!! You know, that thing we were talking about until you changed the narrative to suit your argument because you know there is no defense for what happened.

Alternate opinions aren’t allowed on thIs forum. Why I post on the other one now-a-days. 

Adios, Mofos! 

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Ya, PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER!!! You know, that thing we were talking about until you changed the narrative to suit your argument because you know there is no defense for what happened.

Alternate opinions aren’t allowed on thIs forum. Why I post on the other one now-a-days. 

Adios, Mofos! 

No such thing, there isn't an "offer there". You can tell a kid he well give you a PWO, but there is no offer.  The only offer I consider is one that comes with a full scholarship. 

1 hour ago, GreenBacker said:

So, I don’t post here as much as many of you, but have been coming back more with the great season and the tone of this board improving.  You may be happy, but man, it’s awfully hard to believe you are as happy as anyone.  Word’s tend to reflect feelings and most words you use to describe UNT are not synonymous with happiness. 

Again, in my little time here, I’ve heard this multiple times.  How many times can you say the same thing and expect people to still believe you?

You haven’t been here long. Maybe you are unfamiliar with board history and maybe program history? I don’t know. But here is the thing, on this board, if you have a legitimate question about anything having to do with this program, you are immediately and viciously attacked. I mean just about MFed, and without consequences from any moderator. Just look at the beating poor Ben has taken since my departure. Simply for expressing an alternate opinion.

This board, it’s mods and owner only want one opinion expressed. And that opinion better not question anything about the current regime. That’s the same position this board held for the previous regime for a very long time. And look at the consequences. 

Diverse opinion is good. Too bad it’s not allowed here.  

Oh, and just because I question recruiting, and I do, doesn’t mean I’m unhappy about this year’s performance. Obviously I’m not. But this performance is not sustainable going forward without better recruiting. It’s a single issue argument. 

And Adios Mofo is a permanent sign off, just a way to poke the mofo bears. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

No such thing, there isn't an "offer there". You can tell a kid he well give you a PWO, but there is no offer.  The only offer I consider is one that comes with a full scholarship. 

Lol. Ok mister “depends on what the definition of is is”. I think even the intellectually challenged on this forum can read our convo and see who meant what. 

Good to know you don’t want a kid that Texas Tech does...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. Ok mister “depends on what the definition of is is”. I think even the intellectually challenged on this forum can read our convo and see who meant what. 

Good to know you don’t want a kid that Texas Tech does...

They told him sure you can walk on and be on the team.  If we did that with ANY other kid you'd find some reason to complain about it.  To each their own.  

Edited by GMG24