University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (11/20/17)

CMJ

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Pan American university is the same as UTROV?  I wonder if they will be in orange.  I will find out tonight.

Pan American, BBA, 1969. Our colors were Green and White then. Later added a little orange accent.

• Upvote 2

I served a couple years as Pres. of the PAU Alumni Assn. circa '78 - '80. That was long before their involvement with the UT System. I just checked their (UTRGV's) website, and it looks like they HAVE messed with the colors.  Makes me want to puke.

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Not sure if this was by design, but our schedule seems to help.  After the B12 loss, we have a 2 or 3 game stretch here to figure out our roster and make adjustments.

Who did we lose to from the Big12?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, TTEagle9601 said:

UT-Rio Grande Valley is "technically" a new institution that is the result of merging UT-Brownsville & UT-Pan American.  Thus, they didn't change the colors...they more or less either merged the colors of the two previous institutions or started over from scratch (but I think it's the former).

Agree with your description of the merger. Interestingly (or not), UT-Brownsville was the old Texas Southmost (or as we referred to it, "Texas Almost").  The colors of the Pan American College Broncs, and its successor UT-Pan American, were Green and White. I am partial to Green and White!

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Felozano said:

I’m from Edinburg and took 6 hours during summer school while attending UNT.  I️ wish them the best....but not tonight. GMG!

Arrived in Edinburg from Indiana on a Greyhound bus in the fall of 1963, carrying a suitcase. Had a metal footlocker shipped ahead to the Dean's office. When I got to the campus and went to his office, he smiled and welcomed me. Then he told me to get the damned footlocker out of his office! He was just pulling my chain, I got used to the local humor soon enough. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

Agree with your description of the merger. Interestingly (or not), UT-Brownsville was the old Texas Southmost (or as we referred to it, "Texas Almost").  The colors of the Pan American College Broncs, and its successor UT-Pan American, were Green and White. I am partial to Green and White!

Not to worry, it appears they were able to work in a tasteful amount of orange into their uniforms.