Bowl projections post Army win

Harry

1 minute ago, Harry said:

BS. 

No way in hell the Indy Bowl gives their invite to a Southern Meth team vs a P5 opponent. A team that we beat and are division opponents with. That must be us. That really, really needs to be us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

If you read the whole article, most of it is on the Playoff Four, then a bit on the rest of the NY6. And all of the other bowls are lumped into "Everything else" with no analysis. I don't mean no written analysis, from several of the choices I don't think the writer put much mental analysis into "everything else" either. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, VideoEagle said:

If you read the whole article, most of it is on the Playoff Four, then a bit on the rest of the NY6. And all of the other bowls are lumped into "Everything else" with no analysis. I don't mean no written analysis, from several of the choices I don't think the writer put much mental analysis into "everything else" either. 

Agreed.

Here’s a question though, they have UTSA at Armed Service bowl in Fort Worth.  Would we prefer New Mexico over staying closer to home so our fans can attend?  I am interested in what Dr. Smatresk, Littrell and Wren and the program as a whole would prefer.

i get the feeling they want a trip this year to a warm destination and a game they have a good shot to win.

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

HoD with UCLA/WVU.. not sure what to make of a UNT vs WVU potential game.. 

It would be very interesting and high scoring.. I just fear the potential for a big beatdown

I would love to take on WVU in the HoD. Their QB broke his finger yesterday vs UT (Hence why UT won) and they would be a very vulnerable team. Their offense goes through Will Grier and he's out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Here’s a question though, they have UTSA at Armed Service bowl in Fort Worth.  Would we prefer New Mexico over staying closer to home so our fans can attend?  I am interested in what Dr. Smatresk, Littrell and Wren and the program as a whole would prefer.

i get the feeling they want a trip this year to a warm destination and a game they have a good shot to win.

I think it’s UtsA to Armed Forces, if LT wins next week then it would be LT to Armed Forces and UTSA to New Mexico. 

UTSA traveled well to New Mexico last year and I do not want them to have a bowl game in DFW because of recruiting. LT I can stomach and would like to see in the Armed Forces Bowl. I just do not want to travel West. Give me a local game in Texas or Independence 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

I would love to take on WVU in the HoD. Their QB broke his finger yesterday vs UT (Hence why UT won) and they would be a very vulnerable team. Their offense goes through Will Grier and he's out. 

Just have to hope he is out long enough he can’t make to the bowl game. If he was out that would be a way to even it.. still fear this defense vs an explosive P5 offense.. I know WVU defense was 100+ like us so hopefully it can still be competitive 

Idk about the NM bowl.. if we have to travel, I hope we can go to Shreveport. But of course, I really want to see us play a p5 in Dallas. If we can somehow play a Texas Tech (If they can somehow beat Texas to get to 6 wins) shoot.. match us up against Houston in the HOD or Independence, and that will be a ticket seller.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Just have to hope he is out long enough he can’t make to the bowl game. If he was out that would be a way to even it.. still fear this defense vs an explosive P5 offense.. I know WVU defense was 100+ like us so hopefully it can still be competitive 

We will move the ball on WVU. They don't have the horses up front on the DL like your typical P5 team. They have fast LB's, but that can easily be exploited against them. The word is that Grier will be out for "weeks" potentially including any bowl game. 

*The break will require surgery that he is having today. 

Throwing hand, middle finger...

will-grier-surgery-west-virginia.jpg?ito

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

We will move the ball on WVU. They don't have the horses up front on the DL like your typical P5 team. They have fast LB's, but that can easily be exploited against them. The word is that Grier will be out for "weeks" potentially including any bowl game. 

*The break will require surgery that he is having today. 

Would think any broken finger would be a tricky thing for Grier in time but I would assume if he can, he would play.

I’m still worried of a potential FAU lopsided game vs WVU but I could get my head around it. 

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

HoD with UCLA/WVU.. not sure what to make of a UNT vs WVU potential game.. 

It would be very interesting and high scoring.. I just fear the potential for a big beatdown

You don't want to do another HoD Bowl, specially back to back and so close to home.  Did that back in school with the Cotton Bowl. The second time was "ho hum".  You get the "been there, done that" attitude. 

WVU would be interesting.  It would certainly be a measuring stick game.   

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

They had their vacation trip. We don't need another one of those. See the results? Hopefully there is a more business like approach on the next trip to Florida on 12/2. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

6 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

You don't want to do another HoD Bowl, specially back to back and so close to home.  Did that back in school with the Cotton Bowl. The second time was "ho hum".  You get the "been there, done that" attitude. 

WVU would be interesting.  It would certainly be a measuring stick game.   

You think they would have the been there done that vs a team like WVU potentially? I would hope they learned their lesson after FAU

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I just think it’s interesting that FAU (as a potential CUSA champ) is predicted to stay home to play in that Boca Raton atrocity of a bowl.  

CUSA should be trying to have the teams stay local.. hope the bowlgames drum up your fan-base and recruits.. also saves on Travel to offset going to Hawaii and  Bahamas 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

What a back-handed slap to North Texas but a nice reward for a team we beat at Apogee Stadium if it plays out this way.   We don't need 38,000 traveling Mean Green bowl fans staying home Christmas Week or around New Years Day.

me'feared the Beep! Beeps! might get that bowl in our own recruiting back yard.  We need to still upgrade our annual recruiting hauls.  Our defense has holes in it now because we didn't do that in the recent past. (McCarney era).

If its the New Mexico Bowl, I'm sure we'll still get the best of the state of New Mexico's potential UNT recruits at our game, though.:huh:  (more Baby Boomer sarcasm)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3