2017 Attendance

UNTflyer

17 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

the ODU attendance was not good and after that game we had our two biggest attendance games?

The FAU game had an impact, and no one knowing who ODU.. also, pretty far for an ODU to come see a game when they are 2-5 at the time.

2 biggest attendance games because 1- was HC and 2- Army traveled great and made a huge difference and Senior Day as well.

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1

So (officially announced and gravely inflated) 2015 average attendance: 13,631

Officially announced (and somewhat but not nearly as egregiously inflated) 2017 average attendance: 22,362

2015 season capacity: 45%

2017 season capacity: 73% 

And seriously, there is no...frickin'...way that there were 10,155 people at the WKU game in 2015.  No...frickin'...way. 

The times.  They are a'changin'. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

So (officially announced and gravely inflated) 2015 average attendance: 13,631

Officially announced (and somewhat but not nearly as egregiously inflated) 2017 average attendance: 22,362

2015 season capacity: 45%

2017 season capacity: 73% 

And seriously, there is no...frickin'...way that there were 10,155 people at the WKU game in 2015.  No...frickin'...way. 

The times.  They are a'changin'. 

I was at that game in 2015 vs WKU and I can confirm this. You know when you turn on a game on Wednesday and Akron is playing at home vs Eastern Michigan and it's 20 degrees outside and you could count the bodies if the camera would hold in place. It was like that. I was in my normal endzone seat with my wife and there were less than 50 people in the entire lower bowl of the endzone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

what did actual butts in seats look like for Army? 22K, 23K?

it definitely did not look close to UNT/Houston

It was a legit 25K IMO. 

Alumni side looked fantastic. Top corner tips were sparsely filled in/empty-ish. Student side filled in. There was a slight gap in the 2nd deck between the students and Army fans. Endzone bowl filled in pretty well. Wing was somewhere between 1/4 to a 1/3. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

what did actual butts in seats look like for Army? 22K, 23K?

it definitely did not look close to UNT/Houston

The student/visitor side looked absolutely amazing. The whole lower half of that side was full and the visitor section was probably the fullest I have ever seen it (I didn't go to the Houston game, so I'm sure it looked better that day). The top had some empty seats, but it definitely looked great from where I was sitting in the wingzone. The wingzone seemed more crowded than usual, however I was sitting up top and had to deal with rude Army fans. 

I still think the alumni section could do better IMO. I like how they have stepped up, but it still looks like they are trailing the students. Hopefully next year, we'll have a good batch of new season ticket holders. 

Side note: I really hope we show up to our bowl game. This team really deserves a well attended game. That Army game was one of the best UNT football games I have ever witnessed.  

• Upvote 4

watched it on TV and the student side did not look anywhere close to as full as the Alumni side.  You get a very skewed sense of people on your side vs looking across the stadium.  The wing looked as full as I've ever seen it ...including the Houston game.  The student side fills in throughout the first half, but damn it looks terrible at kick off.

5 minutes ago, edcollopy said:

watched it on TV and the student side did not look anywhere close to as full as the Alumni side.  You get a very skewed sense of people on your side vs looking across the stadium.  The wing looked as full as I've ever seen it ...including the Houston game.  The student side fills in throughout the first half, but damn it looks terrible at kick off.

Touche' Must of been the angle I was sitting at. But you're right about the wing. I was sitting up there and was absolutely impressed, the fullest I have ever seen it. 

• Lovely Take 1

52 minutes ago, Venson said:

I think ODU game was a combination of three things.

1. The FAU debacle like everyone else said.

2. No one knows who ODU is like others have said.

3. Halloween parties were going on at the same time the game was.

Agree with all three, plus cold weather. 

There are so many activities going on during the Halloween weekend that it spreads everyone out to different events.

During the Army game there were at least double the people in the concourse during the game that I’ve seen all season. Lines at the consesion and restrooms were long most of the game.

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

that helps, i thought the student side looked pretty good, but if the Alumni side was more packed, that makes sense.

Edited by golfingomez

52 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

This is largest in Apogee history right?

How big will attendance be in the 2018 kickoff against SMU?

The first game ever played in Apogee was the largest. 

Given that we outnumber SMU's fans at Ford and they bring 50 people to Denton, the attendance is going to rely on us. 

• Lovely Take 1

Really impressed with our attendance numbers this year especially the last two games.  Need to keep growing this thing.  Let's go for no games under 22K next year and eventually getting to where mid to upper 20K is the standard and not the exception. 

• Lovely Take 1