Helmets

keith

OK, so we did the whole obligatory SOW flag thing on our helmets and won the game.  Can we please retire these with a winning record and not do them again?  It goes to personal appeal, but these were my least favorite helmets of the season.  Even the decals were coming off several of the helmets throughout the game.  I know Wilson's helmet decal was peeling off.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 5

I agree they look bad from a distance.  I had good seats and they looked atrocious.  I wonder how they looked on TV?    Flag inspired accents to the uniforms or helmets of other teams look better.   Not everything that would look good in a collection case should be worn even annually.  Perfect example some of those autographed helmets offered auction at Apogee looked awesome but I don’t think the Cowboys, 49ers or etc will be wearing some of those alternate helmets anytime soon.   I would prefer a regular flag patch somewhere else on the helmets or uniform.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Nice touch on the helmet for the rare occasion. I think the full eagle still looks improperly placed and makes the entire helmet look just, weird. 

This has been annoying me the past couple seasons. I can't understand why they don't order smaller decals so they can be properly placed on the helmet. 

• Upvote 3

I saw a helmet at a fundraising event before the game. Close up, it looked good, and I understand the players really liked them. 

From any distance the design was too busy and I don't think it translated on TV.

In the end all this equipment variety is really about selling to recruits. I think it's been incredibly successful there and is just one more thing the staff can sell.

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I saw a helmet at a fundraising event before the game. Close up, it looked good, and I understand the players really liked them. 

From any distance the design was too busy and I don't think it translated on TV.

In the end all this equipment variety is really about selling to recruits. I think it's been incredibly successful there and is just one more thing the staff can sell.

I thought alternating red-white-red-white on the “feathers” would have looked cleaner 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1