****OFFICIAL ARMY VS. NORTH TEXAS GAME THREAD***

Harry

1 minute ago, golfingomez said:

i'm confused, i thought if they threw the personal foul flag it's fifteen yards, even if they review and decide it wasn't targeting...

Wasn't personal foul only potential targetting. However how that wasn't targetting I do not know. Its pretty much a school book case. Leaves the feet, leads with the crown., goes to the head area on a potentially defenseless player. Its really all there.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Wasn't personal foul only potential targetting. However how that wasn't targetting I do not know. Its pretty much a school book case. Leaves the feet, leads with the crown., goes to the head area on a potentially defenseless player. Its really all there.

sorry, i meant defenseless player

Just now, keith said:

#8 should have also gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty as well as he stood over Guyton after the hit and taunted him.

Does NCAA review hits like the NFL for later suspension? something needs to happen to him... that's not ok. 

Guyton will be done for the night, hell he maybe done till the bowl game. That dude was out, and that's not alright.

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

#8 needs to be earholed by someone to start the second half.  Cheap shot punk last year and hasn't changed a lick.  They must coach that bullshit at Army.  Really had mmore respect for our service academy schools, but not that crap.

Jeff ran him over on the next play. Wish he would've handed 8 the ball after the play.

also, to the second half of your point...that's a very worldly view...many of us have been saying that for years

4 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Does NCAA review hits like the NFL for later suspension? something needs to happen to him... that's not ok. 

Guyton will be done for the night, hell he maybe done till the bowl game. That dude was out, and that's not alright.

He was never out...he put his hand up immediately and his and the training staff'a concern seemed to be more about his neck than his head...he looked clear-eyed and alert when he left the field

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Jeff ran him over on the next play. Wish he would've handed 8 the ball after the play.

also, to the second half of your point...that's a very worldly view...many of us have been saying that for years

He was never out...he put his hand up immediately and his and the training staff'a concern seemed to be more about his neck than his head...he looked clear-eyed and alert when he left the field

No dude, he was out... Trust me..he may seem fine but he was out.. 

It was a very fast review and dismissal of the targeting penalty...not sure why.

"Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

• Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area  --  CHECK
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground -- CHECK
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area -- CHECK
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet
  • Upvote 1