Kiffin says he is sticking at FAU

Coach Bill Lewis

i know people are expecting Kiffin to leave... but how awesome would it be if he stayed? 

Wouldn't it be awesome to have an in conference opponent who gets national media attention?

if Kiffin leaves, then we still look like a stopover conference to up and coming coaches...

who knows, maybe if Kiffin stays, that gives SL one less reason to pack his bags

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

i know people are expecting Kiffin to leave... but how awesome would it be if he stayed? 

Wouldn't it be awesome to have an in conference opponent who gets national media attention?

if Kiffin leaves, then we still look like a stopover conference to up and coming coaches...

who knows, maybe if Kiffin stays, that gives SL one less reason to pack his bags

I think he will be here next season.  He already has made money, experienced the big time, he can wait it out and pick the right job.  If he moves on I will be thankful for the season he gave us.  Its been a great ride.

3 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

:huh:

About 27,000 did the other night at Apogee & we'll have 30K-40K traveling Bowl fans whether it be FW, Dallas or Shreveport.  

That's great, I am saying outside of Denton.  UNT will never attract a huge audience from the general community in South Florida.  As I am sure we are probably not a draw to the local community in Denton.  Well, Kiffin draws but not huge.

• Downvote 1

It’s strange to me that our fans find it laughable that Lane might elect to stay at FAU for a bit, but then turn around and cite the same reasons that Littrell would rebuff advances to stay at North Texas. Likes the area, close to family, huge student base at major public university, located in talent rich recruiting hotbed, nice new on campus football stadium, compensated fairly given peer institution group - with likelihood of increasing substantially as successes continue, currently building and fielding a competitive product on the field, getting positive media attention for the program, ect.

The current version of Kiffin, I’m kinda on board with. I like that he seems to have fun with the FAU program. I can imagine given his previous experiences in those pressure cooker environments that a more battle worn LK is genuinely enjoying that change of pace. I also love that he trolls Nick Saban.

I hope that Kiffin and Littrell both elect to stay at their current jobs for a couple more years. For other CUSA programs having FAU, FIU, UTSA and North Texas with good coaches building quality programs is a nightmare scenario. These programs have advantages that, when tapped into properly, can’t be replicated by the other conference institutions. I’m enjoying the changing of the guard we’ve seen this year. Hope it continues on a permanent basis.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

I'd like it. We need good coaches and good teams here. 

We lost Jeff Brohm (we being the conference) and I'm glad we got Lane and Butch in place to replace him leaving. Eventually the better teams in this league need to win the OOC games against the lower tier P5s. That's the next step for this league.

That is to say the two title game representatives need to not get whooped by Navy/SMU to start the year. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

It’s strange to me that our fans find it laughable that Lane might elect to stay at FAU for a bit, but then turn around and cite the same reasons that Littrell would rebuff advances to stay at North Texas. Likes the area, close to family, huge student base at major public university, located in talent rich recruiting hotbed, nice new on campus football stadium, compensated fairly given peer institution group - with likelihood of increasing substantially as successes continue, currently building and fielding a competitive product on the field, getting positive media attention for the program, ect.

The current version of Kiffin, I’m kinda on board with. I like that he seems to have fun with the FAU program. I can imagine given his previous experiences in those pressure cooker environments that a more battle worn LK is genuinely enjoying that change of pace. I also love that he trolls Nick Saban.

I hope that Kiffin and Littrell both elect to stay at their current jobs for a couple more years. For other CUSA programs having FAU, FIU, UTSA and North Texas with good coaches building quality programs is a nightmare scenario. These programs have advantages that, when tapped into properly, can’t be replicated by the other conference institutions. I’m enjoying the changing of the guard we’ve seen this year. Hope it continues on a permanent basis.

Amen.

12 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

That's great, I am saying outside of Denton.  UNT will never attract a huge audience from the general community in South Florida.  As I am sure we are probably not a draw to the local community in Denton.  Well, Kiffin draws but not huge.

Bobby Bowden's FSU  SEMINOLES would have played before a Fouts Field sellout in 1976 according to Wayne Ray (Ticket Mgr) had we not had a half foot snow storm on that Game Day.  Seminoles had a great snowball fight after that game, though.  It was a funny thing to watch.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

15 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Oh, like FAU is all of a sudden a national fixture in college football.  Why else do people use F_U?

Edited by DeepGreen

35 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Oh, like FAU is all of a sudden a national fixture in college football.  Why else do people use F_U?

Not sure how you got that from my post?  Just said Kiffin draws some interest and then I said but not HUGE.  Didn't say FAU was a national fixture, just getting national attention due to Kiffin.  Kiffin has 250,000 twitter followers, how many followers does your coach have?  People are interested in what this guy says and does.

Regarding F_U, when someone uses that is it cause they don't know or are they being snarky?  If they don't know they would put _ _ _; UNT has the same problem.

Edited by FAU Connoisseur
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, meangreenthirteen said:

lol yes, it's UNT's fault that nobody wants to watch your football team play, ever

Absolutely NOT.  Just saying South Florida is an event town.  UNT doesn't cut it for a regular season game that the general community had no idea that there were 2 undefeated division leaders facing off.  It's not the SEC or ACC.  You guys spend a lot of time worrying about attendance.  I have never received any money from FAU to solve their problems.  I give them money.  If you go on a cruise do you go in the kitchen to help them make the meals?  NO, I am the customer, someone else's problem.

It's pretty interesting how some of you (certainly not all of you) infer a lot of meaning into statements that were not said.

9 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Absolutely NOT.  Just saying South Florida is an event town.  UNT doesn't cut it for a regular season game that the general community had no idea that there were 2 undefeated division leaders facing off.  It's not the SEC or ACC.  You guys spend a lot of time worrying about attendance.  I have never received any money from FAU to solve their problems.  I give them money.  If you go on a cruise do you go in the kitchen to help them make the meals?  NO, I am the customer, someone else's problem.

It's pretty interesting how some of you (certainly not all of you) infer a lot of meaning into statements that were not said.

Going to need some restaurant and bar suggestions from you in Boca and surrounding areas. Will be in by Friday lunch time.

Are there cool places to hang out around campus? Also, very interested in good seafood with an ocean view.

3 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Going to need some restaurant and bar suggestions from you in Boca and surrounding areas. Will be in by Friday lunch time.

Are there cool places to hang out around campus? Also, very interested in good seafood with an ocean view.

Will take a poll for my friends and come up with some great suggestions for you.  Where you staying?

Just now, FAU Connoisseur said:

Will take a poll for my friends and come up with some great suggestions for you.  Where you staying?

Still deciding. Either the Marriott at Boca Center or one of their properties at Pompano Beach. I definitely have the beach itch since I haven’t been to Florida yet this year, but also have a desire to be close for game day festivities.